Power button

Guest kajencik

Guest kajencik

Hello, I have a G300 but with a broken power button, it was harder and harder to make it work and it recently stopped working altogether, I'm using an app to wake the phone up from sleep by the proximity sensor, which works quite well so far, but I would like to fix it, I've browsed several videos and photos of diassembly, but I'm not sure if the power button is part of the LCD assembly or the PCB?

And also I will be able to replace it myself with my quite basic soldering skills and cheap soldering station?

Any inpust appreciated :)

Edited by kajencik

Guest george109

It is incredibly difficult to solder onto a manufactured PCB as all the contacts are really small. one dot of soldier is really small...

Is it still in warranty?

Edited by george109

Guest Gabriel94

i use CM, i have the same problem with the power button,

i use volume rocker to wake the screen and from notification bar to send it to go to sleep

Guest microscope

my power button is quite stiff. I realise it's too late for you Kajencik, sorry, however if there are any other readers having an increasing issue, try taking off your protector(if you use one obviously) when switching on/off to reduce the risk of failure, it's much 'lighter' to press that way. Agree with activating volume rocker (system settings/sound/scroll-down) and just letting it sleep/using notification to sleep.

Edited by microscope

You can also use "Quick Boot" app from the Play Store to turn the phone off / reboot to recovery etc, so you don't have to press the power button to access the reboot menu.

https://play.google....XVpY2tib290Il0.

And screen off app to lock the screen / send it to sleep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5rYXRlY2NhLnNjcmVlbm9mZmxvY2siXQ..

Edited by Guest