A fully complete rom, and stable?

Guest Shadow_Lance

Guest Shadow_Lance

Hey guys, as the title says^ I am looking for a complete, stable ROM of either CM9/10/10.1 but needs to be complete and stable. I have tried KonstaT's Cyanogenmod 10.1 (which is complete but is a bit slow) I have tried tital's coldfusion X cm but youtube HQ didn't work. . .

So any recommendations? please post, and a link to the original thread and its rights to the rightful owner.

Guest Kalty

Sry guys, I really want to know the answer for the same question.

I don´t think that only name Pac 4.1.2 or Deamond´s CM10 is helpful. Try to describe why would you choose it and maybe some experience.

Thanks a lot.

Guest Shadow_Lance

Try pac 4.1.2

Yeah, I'll try that since been highly praised recently, do you know what the 'working list' for e.g WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera etc. stuff like that and the nonworking list? It'd be a lot of help as none of these are mentioned on the original thread of PAC-man CM10 (4.1.2)

Guest Shadow_Lance

Have a look at Eco CM9

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355540-27032013ics-eco-cm9-aiming-for-stability-and-battery-efficiency/

I'd say the best choice between functionality, speed and battery efficiency ;)

Coldfusion X is a bit outdated, jventura updates this rom quite often :)

Have fun :)

Yeah its good but the HW decoding isn't working on mine when playing YouTube videos on browser

Guest robreid

Hey guys, as the title says^ I am looking for a complete, stable ROM of either CM9/10/10.1 but needs to be complete and stable. I have tried KonstaT's Cyanogenmod 10.1 (which is complete but is a bit slow) I have tried tital's coldfusion X cm but youtube HQ didn't work. . .

So any recommendations? please post, and a link to the original thread and its rights to the rightful owner.

KonstT's CM10.1 is absolutely awesome, and btw I've found that it's S2E or Link2SD that tends to make it run slowly, were you using either of these when you found it to be slow?

I suggest the 29.03 build of this ROM with cronmod-INT2EXT and a class 10 SD.

Then it will run fast, you'll have plenty of space for apps etc, and you'll be able to enjoy JB.

Guest Shadow_Lance

KonstT's CM10.1 is absolutely awesome, and btw I've found that it's S2E or Link2SD that tends to make it run slowly, were you using either of these when you found it to be slow?

I suggest the 29.03 build of this ROM with cronmod-INT2EXT and a class 10 SD.

Then it will run fast, you'll have plenty of space for apps etc, and you'll be able to enjoy JB.

Thanks, for the tip. No I wasn't using S2E or link2SD but I'll retry using the from again. What do you think the best TPT for blade using JB is? since there's a variety with different system/data cahe etc partition info.

Guest robreid

Thanks, for the tip. No I wasn't using S2E or link2SD but I'll retry using the from again. What do you think the best TPT for blade using JB is? since there's a variety with different system/data cahe etc partition info.

Ah ok, well maybe it is a bit laggy and I'm just used to it ;), I still think it's a great ROM though and worth another shot.

The ROM + Gapps fits nicely into a 160MB /system partition, and since this ROM has a redirect script for the cache the best /cache size is the minimum of 2MB which maximises the memory available for /data partition.

So IMO the best partition layout would be: 160MB /system, 2MB /cache, 294MB /data (or however much is left!).

TPTs giving this partition layout are available for Gen 1 and Gen 2 Blades from this site: http://amphoras.co.u...oads/blade-tpts

Hope this helps.

Guest Shadow_Lance

Yeess I like it! Which one is more stable Cyanogenmod 10 or 10.1? Also what are vsync events and what they do? thanks

Guest robreid

Yeess I like it! Which one is more stable Cyanogenmod 10 or 10.1? Also what are vsync events and what they do? thanks

I find CM10.1 to be more stable, and certainly faster.

Vsync is part of "Project Butter" on Android 4.2, and (in very oversimplified terms) it synchronises frame rendering with frame refresh rates to allow every pixel to be drawn on the screen before the next frame starts being drawn. This provides smoother graphics and prevents tearing.

• 1 year later...