HELP! I think my LIQUID E is bricked, but I don't give up....

Guest Polomaik

Guest Polomaik

Hi!

I've a big problem with my Liquid. After this phone was installing some updates in the evening it doesn't work the next day. It doesn't start..... :( So i pressed the reset-button under the battery and then it suddenly starts to vibrate continous, the 3 LED's on top were blinking all together and the screen was stil black.

This "button-combo's" didn't work. So i tryed to flash te OS....with ADT ...... it works until the massage appears " CHANGE MODE, PLEASE WAIT [Download mode => OS download mode]" I was waiting, but nothing happened.....?????

Meanwhile i have expanded the vibration-motor, because i thought this thing break while the battery loading process ( Battery is only loadig when i press this reset-button, but then it vibrates....blinking..... :( )

Malez doesn`t detect this mobile (waitng for device).

Is this a hardware or a software problem?

Thank you for some good ideas!

Here is a log from ADT:

//=======================================================//

//================== Debug Log Start!! ==================//

//=======================================================//

[info] : Program version is : ACER Download Tool [intra][single] v3.100 (2009.10.27)

[Warning] : Process started in AMSS Download mode

[info] : Get AMSS Download Port Start!

[AMSS Port] : WaitTime is : 15

[AMSS Port] : Old vid and pid was NOT Found...

[AMSS Port] : acer vid and pid was Found

[AMSS Port] : AMSS Port is : COM4

[info] : Port for AMSS Download is : COM4

[info] : Beginning to Open AMSS COM Port : UsbConnect()

-----------------------------------------------------------

--------------- [info] : Hex file Start !! ----------------

[Hex] : Receiver thread is ready !

[Hex] : Transfer thread is ready !

[AMSS Port] : WaitTime is : 15

[AMSS Port] : Old vid and pid was NOT Found...

[AMSS Port] : acer vid and pid was Found

[AMSS Port] : AMSS Port is : COM4

------------- [info] : Hex file Finished !! ---------------

---------------- [info] : AMSS Start !! ------------------

[AMSS] : AMSS Receiver Ready !

[AMSS] : No matter the partition table is the same or diff, Restoration is always needed !

[AMSS] : AMSS Start !

--------------- [info] : AMSS Finished !! -----------------

[info] : Change mode Start! (AMSS Download to Fastboot mode)

[info] : Command is ready. (AMSS Download to Fastboot mode)

[info] : Close AMSS com port

sorry for my bad english!

POLO

Edited by Polomaik

Guest Polomaik

I did anything, but, it doesn't do work. The screen is still black. OMG i`m hardly ready to throw this brick into my TV....;) WTF It must exist a solution to fix this problem....or even not..! No RECOVERY, no ......nothing.......!

Guest Master_T

Ok, in that case you have to directly access the fastboot bootloader. To do this connect the usb cable, then:

If you are/were on a Foryo/Gingerbread build press and hold Camera, then press the "Back" soft key

If you are/were on Donut/Eclair build, press and hold Camera + "Back" softkey and press power

If you do it correctly a black screen with some text in white will appear. From there:

1)If you have Acer Download Tool stuck in phase "Rebooting in OS download mode" it will resume and complete the flash

2)IF ADT doesn't recognise the phone or you can't start the flashing procedure, you can install a recovery manually by opening a command prompt in the folder where you extracted the recovery and typing:

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img

If it flashes correctly, remove cable and battery, reinstert battery and you can enter recovery with "Camera + Voume - + Power

Guest malez

Master t is righ. You can boot in bootloader mode with combo. Sorry cant write more due to forum bug. Contact me by mail if you want

Guest Polomaik

Ok, in that case you have to directly access the fastboot bootloader. To do this connect the usb cable, then:

If you are/were on a Foryo/Gingerbread build press and hold Camera, then press the "Back" soft key

If you are/were on Donut/Eclair build, press and hold Camera + "Back" softkey and press power

If you do it correctly a black screen with some text in white will appear. From there:

1)If you have Acer Download Tool stuck in phase "Rebooting in OS download mode" it will resume and complete the flash

2)IF ADT doesn't recognise the phone or you can't start the flashing procedure, you can install a recovery manually by opening a command prompt in the folder where you extracted the recovery and typing:

If it flashes correctly, remove cable and battery, reinstert battery and you can enter recovery with "Camera + Voume - + Power

....at first thx for helping....but it does't work! Where can i find this command prompt to flash it manually? i can't find a file with the name recovery.img. only a file named malezRecovery_0.6.2.img. tryed to flash this one but the message <waiting for device> appears! hmmm.....

Edited by Polomaik

Guest Polomaik

Yes, drivers are installed. Could it be that the battery is damaged? Must i have a loaded battery to flash a new OS? Or works it wthout battery too? It always stops at the same time :CHANGE MODE, PLEASE WAIT [Download mode => OS download mode .... There must be a solution.....damn!!! :(

Guest Master_T

Replace this script with the one in your malez recovery folder.

Then connect the phone. send it in bootloader mode as I said above and when you see the black screen with white text on the liquid screen, double click the file you just replaced and it will flash recovery.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Polomaik

i never have seen any text on the screen since this problem, this is my problem... i can't interact with this phone....no way ( it must be a secret path anywhere to go,but this path has nobody found yet ...i think it's dead...but my intuition say there is a solution......i cant't believe this!

Greetz from Germany

Edited by Polomaik