• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM][4.1.2] MIUI v5 Geno updates

97 posts in this topic

Posted

There's a new Lite version of MIUI released today in beta version. It comes as an apk. You can download it and install it in any rom. Here is the link   http://en.miui.com/thread-18293-1-1.html

Posted

There's a new Lite version of MIUI released today in beta version. It comes as an apk. You can download it and install it in any rom. Here is the link   http://en.miui.com/thread-18293-1-1.html

But not so light on resources. :P

"Non-MIUI ROM devices with Android 4.0 and above, 2GB and above RAM (recommended, 1 GB RAM also supported), 100MB storage space available"

Posted

But not so light on resources. :P

"Non-MIUI ROM devices with Android 4.0 and above, 2GB and above RAM (recommended, 1 GB RAM also supported), 100MB storage space available"

Well my g300 has it now with KK :D .

Posted

Well my g300 has it now with KK :D .

How is the speed of it?

MIUI not so kind with the RAM usage. This "Lite" version better?

Posted

I have 70 - 80mb free ram. No big difference to KK & your mini gapps. I also have Viber & Whatsapp installed. I don't use the phone for gaming.

Posted

I have in my phone miui v2.11.30 PT (portugal) but the ram is very bad, and the rom is slow :|   I Love Miui but is important for me that is fast. Any idea?   (sorry english :p )

Posted

Good news. Got MIUI v5 4.3.28 installed via TWRP. Works excellently. No f/cs.No lags. Smooth as silk.

This version must have an issue with the latest CWM. Chanced it with TWRP last night & it worked. :D

Posted

I also tried but didnt work for mee.Which version of twrp you used and where you donload latest miui?

Posted

I also tried but didnt work for mee.Which version of twrp you used and where you donload latest miui?

Its the latest version 2.7.0.1.

Posted

Its the latest version 2.7.0.1.

im with 2.7.0.1 and still gives me error. What kind of wipes did you do?

Posted

Wipe everything with TWRP. Have you edited the updater-script as per Rhens post no. 68?

Posted (edited)

Miui v5 4.4.11 has been released. Download from en.miui.com/download-39.html. Clean install is best option. Updater-script has to be edited as per Rhen's post no.69

Edited by Tentmaster

Posted

Miui v5 4.4.11 has been released. Download from en.miui.com/download-39.html. Clean install is best option. Updater-script has to be edited as per Rhen's post no.69

I've installed this version, and this is my first miui. At the moment, it seems that i can't install anything from playstore. When i click "install" the instalation just hangs. And also...how the heck to check ram usage on miui? :ph34r:

Posted

I've installed this version, and this is my first miui. At the moment, it seems that i can't install anything from playstore. When i click "install" the instalation just hangs. And also...how the heck to check ram usage on miui? :ph34r:

Never mind. I've figured out. Back to my daily rom, this one is too laggy.

Posted

Hello

I am interested in MIUI ROM. I have KK on my G300 now and it's pretty laggy.
So on official MIUI page i can see V5 5.6.13 for U8818.

Is it needed to change all 8818 lines to 8815 and can this be flashed using CWM like CM mods, or I need to follow some other procedure?

Haaalpp! Thank you xD

oh...And if you thing this MIUI rom is also laggy what would you recommend?

Posted (edited)

Hello

I am interested in MIUI ROM. I have KK on my G300 now and it's pretty laggy.

So on official MIUI page i can see V5 5.6.13 for U8818.

Is it needed to change all 8818 lines to 8815 and can this be flashed using CWM like CM mods, or I need to follow some other procedure?

Haaalpp! Thank you xD

oh...And if you thing this MIUI rom is also laggy what would you recommend?

Try MIUI GB

Where did you find this last version? I can find only V5 4.6.13

Yes just change all 8818 to 8815 lines

Edited by TiMi79

Posted

Try MIUI GB

Where did you find this last version? I can find only V5 4.6.13

Yes just change all 8818 to 8815 lines

My bad. Latest is 4.6.13 as you said.

Is this link to MIUI GB for 8815 or 8818?

I am not that experienced to change the lines in code   0.o

Posted

My bad. Latest is 4.6.13 as you said.

Is this link to MIUI GB for 8815 or 8818?

I am not that experienced to change the lines in code   0.o

It's for both version. You don't need to change anything. Just follow instructions.

Posted (edited)

I will try later and write here result :D 

Thank man...hvala brate...

EDIT:

OK! So I did it...

GB MIUI works fine, and after that I tried V5 after removing U8818 lines and that works too!(not so smooth :\ )
(Thanks for the links and help)

anyway...I found this gapps couse I really don't want 80MB gapps...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2435683

But it for JB4.3 and version on V5 MIUI is JB4.1.2 

So I ask you, can I use it?

Edited by wolfjohny

Posted (edited)

I am installation successfully completed.But my problem is :

lYLO1A.jpg

I am use Huawei Ascend G301.I am live in Turkey.I am sorry for my english.

Edited by TheBlade7

Posted

The ROM is awesome but its really slow in this phone