B952 Update.app Failed To Install?

Guest Rico_89

Guest Rico_89

Hi all,

Well had a fun couple of hours with my phone today.. I thought I had bricked it for sure, but I was able to get things working again pheew.

Here's my issue, I was trying to install B952 update.app, but for some reason about one minute in, the install stopped and said "Install Failed". After that it just bootlooped into CWM and after restoring a nandroid backup I had, on my SD card, it still just booted into CWM. A long story short, I basically used the B926 update app and that installed fine, so I was able to install B952 through CWM.

Question: has anyone successfully installed the B952 update.app? Is it not compatible with rooted phones or something? I have zeroed my IMEI a few times, to install stock roms, but I have never had any issues like this before, so I was wondering if you need a stock G300 to use the B952 update.app... or is there some other problem.

Thanks for any info.

Guest Rico_89

Why do you want to install an update.app?

Why not ..lol

I just wanted to get a clean install of the last ICS released by Huawei.

I just had a thought I wonder if the B952 I downloaded got corrupted.. I am tempted to give it another go but to be honest I'm not sure if I can take the stress of zeroing my IMEI any more :( .

Guest Rico_89

Have you wiped everything in CWM recovery?

That's not necessary if you install using an update.app.. even CWM gets over written.

Guest george109

I know that but I would wipe everything even though it overwrites it. Also try to download it again and copy it to the SD card and try again also on a PC go to start, type Cmd right click and click run as administrator then type

Chkdsk (drive letter of memory card): /f /x 

and then press enter and wait. This will check for and try to fix any problems on the SD card

Edited by george109

Guest Rico_89

I know that but I would wipe everything even though it overwrites it. Also try to download it again and copy it to the SD card and try again also on a PC go to start, type Cmd right click and click run as administrator then type

Chkdsk (drive letter of memory card): /f /x

and then press enter and wait. This will check for and try to fix any problems on the SD card

I'm downloading a new one right now actually and I'll give it ago on the weekend but this time I won't zero my IMEI. I read a post on these boards where someone had the opposite problem to me and the only update.app that worked for them was B952.

Guest Rico_89

Try the B952 and see if that works, and make sure you put the update in the dload folder on the sdcard and follow the 19808 baseband steps, but ignore the update failed in this guide http://huaweig300.co...-your-baseband/

Well the newly downloaded version didn't work either but this time it gave me what I'm used to when trying to install an Update.app. and that is, it starts for a few seconds then hangs and I have to pull the battery. It boots in normally after that, so no harm done, but my only option now would be to once again zero my IMEI, but to be honest I don't see the point seeing as the CWM of B952 is running really well so it looks like I'm good to go.. :) without rolling the dice with the 5irom.app ;) ..

Thx for the help and suggestions.