Is there a known benefit in deleting "batterystats.bin" on San Diego?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hello :)

I wanted to ask - as with other Android handsets, is there a known benefit (and procedure) for deleting "batterystats.bin" on the San Diego, when you move from Orange --> XOLO or vice versa? Has anyone yet tried this?

Thank you :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest i am not a hacker

What it does is it wipes all previous battery stats. There is normally and option to do this an Cwm as well. It improves your overall battery life. To do it, use a battery calibration app from the play store.

You have to drain your battery, then charge it fully and then reset the stats

Guest glossywhite

What it does is it wipes all previous battery stats. There is normally and option to do this an Cwm as well. It improves your overall battery life. To do it, use a battery calibration app from the play store.

You have to drain your battery, then charge it fully and then reset the stats

My question is, has anyone actually demonstrated it makes a difference on this handset? I know the file location and how to delete it, I just wanted to ask if anyone else had had success?

Guest shootomanUK

This file [batterystats.bin] is used to maintain, across reboots, low-level data about the kinds of operations the device and your apps are doing between battery changes. That is, it is solely used to compute the blame for battery usage shown in the "Battery Use" UI in settings. That is, it has deeply significant things like "app X held a wake lock for 2 minutes" and "the screen was on at 60% brightness for 10 minutes."

It has no impact on the current battery level shown to you. It has no impact on your battery life.

Guest glossywhite

Thank you for explaining how it works - I knew that, but you didn't know I did; I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me, I am very grateful.

I appreciate your replies. With the greatest of respect, noone has actually answered as to whether or not deleting the file makes a difference on this specific handset, so I shall assume that this is an unknown quantity so far, and draw a line under it accordingly :)

Again, thank you for replying :)

Edited by glossywhite