[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest Gabriel94

Can someone tell me if the center clock and network meter mods work? Thanks.

Tested center clock, works 100%.

Guest kyan31
Clean install, coming from Baidu v26, No mods,Battery life is quite an important issue for me, so would the battery mod on the O.P. be worth the drop in performance?

Yo don't need to flash them as they are already built into Electra. You only need to flash it if you have removed them previously.

Guest kyan31
Just A quick question, if you put the custom equaliser bass up too high and bass boost on extreme in Beats is it possible to blow the internal speaker? (on full volume)

Its possible, but I doubt it would happen unless you had it on for a long time.

Guest Northstandhero

Yo don't need to flash them as they are already built into Electra. You only need to flash it if you have removed them previously.

Cheers, lovely looking Rom, everything running smoothly as of now.

Guest kyan31
Installed over version 2 just wiped cache and d cache. Running fine so far. Don't use the clock centre I just stretch the widget. Thanks for your hard work.

The center/uncenter clock is for the statusbar clock, not the widget ;)

Guest kyan31

Cheers, lovely looking Rom, everything running smoothly as of now.

Cool. I recommend downloading an app called Greenify if you want the phone to stay speedy.

Guest Northstandhero

Cool. I recommend downloading an app called Greenify if you want the phone to stay speedy.

Got that on mate, Left my maps and Ubersocial/Twitter running everything else hibernated, If i hibernated my maps would it still check in my places and log my travel data without launching?

Guest kyan31

If i hibernated my maps would it still check in my places and log my travel data without launching?

Probably not, but its still worth a try if you have the time.

Guest niavlys1

Hello,

I wanted to try a JB rom, and after reading many threads, I chose this one. This is really nice! Thanks to anyone who ported CM 10.1 to this phone, and thanks kyan31 for this rom, all the improvements are really great.

Just a few bugs I noticed :

- OTA update doesn't seem to work : after I installed V3 from the OP, an update was available ("version V3 CM4 - PATCHED"), but after reboot, CWM says : "failed to open /sdcard/OTA-UPDATER/download/(...)patched.zip (No such file or directory)" and "signature verification failed".

- A very unimportant small bug : the News and Weather app from the OP crashes at launch, but I found a simple APK.

- And the already mentioned CM10.1 bugs : voice call volume too loud, life battery not as good as in stock roms (but thanks for improving it from original CM 10.1).

Guest ludilo66

Network meter works fine :) it is looking great. You are the best! Thanks

Could you make operators name be in left side in status bar like in miui?

I think it would be great!

Edited by ludilo66

Guest spider4

Hi, thanks for your time working on this, nice rom it works ok just few issues:

- OTA update doesn't seem to work : after I installed V3 from the OP, an update was available ("version V3 CM4 - PATCHED"), but after reboot, CWM says : "failed to open /sdcard/OTA-UPDATER/download/(...)patched.zip (No such file or directory)" and "signature verification failed".

- And the already mentioned CM10.1 bugs : voice call volume too loud,

-OTA didn't worked for me either, it tries to install it from sdcard/OTA-UPDATER/download/(...)patched.zip but the file is in Update-Center/download/...

I'm not sure this is bug or feature, if you put call volume on 50% sound is ok for me :-)

-After clean install camera works, but when you apply the patch 640 x 480 Recording.zip. Camera freezes when you try to record video and you have to force kill application.

After killing camera app... mic doesn't work when you make call. After restart mic works again until you record video.

Another clean install camera works, patch ElectraV3_PATCH.03.05.2013.zip. Same thing from above. Am I doing something wrong, does anyone else having this problem?

P.S. I did clear cache/dalvik cache before patch.

-security/sms limit - Unfortunately, Settings has stoped. As somebody else already mentioned. I don't need this option just to confirm it.

logcat after recording video and then trying to make call.

logcat.txt

Edited by spider4

Guest Redrabit
Hi, thanks for your time working on this, nice rom it works ok just few issues:

-OTA didn't worked for me either, it tries to install it from sdcard/OTA-UPDATER/download/(...)patched.zip but the file is in Update-Center/download/...

I'm not sure this is bug or feature, if you put call volume on 50% sound is ok for me :-)

-After clean install camera works, but when you apply the patch 640 x 480 Recording.zip. Camera freezes when you try to record video and you have to force kill application.

After killing camera app... mic doesn't work when you make call. After restart mic works again until you record video.

Another clean install camera works, patch ElectraV3_PATCH.03.05.2013.zip. Same thing from above. Am I doing something wrong, does anyone else having this problem?

P.S. I did clear cache/dalvik cache before patch.

-security/sms limit - Unfortunately, Settings has stoped. As somebody else already mentioned. I don't need this option just to confirm it.

Same problem on my phone.

:mellow:

Guest colehole
Wait, so the mic stops working after recording a video?

I think they mean you can't record a video it crashes then the mic doesn't work

Guest jamie_w

Kyan do you know if we'll ever be able to get tvcatchup working on this rom or will i need to go back to ics? I dont know what the difference is between this rom and cm 10.1 but ive never had the random reboots etc with Electra. Keep up the good work

Guest nsmacd1

Electra started getting a bit laggy after a week or so (before update to latest version) and Greenify made a huge difference to the phone - Made it feel like a freshly installed ROM, so I would also recommend installing it!

Guest Jazzi

Had my G300 rooted since day one, but this is the first ROM I've installed on this phone (many with previous models though..!) - just wanted to say thanks for a great ROM :) Graphics were stuttering a bit (noticeable especially when scrolling between home screens) so I dropped the clock speed down to 660 and everything's running lovely and very smooth now... Not sure why it worked, but I've reproduced it (and in reverse) and it does make a real difference! ;)

Thanks for heads-up on Greenify too - seems to be a great app that I've totally managed to miss thus far! :D

Guest spider4

Wait, so the mic stops working after recording a video?

Yes, you actually can't record anything because recording freezes, then you have to kill camera. After that mic doesn't work, until you reboot. ---after patch

I think they mean you can't record a video it crashes then the mic doesn't work

+1

Before you apply patch recording work (640x480) and mic after using camera. There is logcat in my previous post if you want to take a peek. Errors are at the end.

So for me V3 is better without the patch. Didn't tried other camera apps.

Or i'm doing something wrong, but there is at least one guy with the same symptoms :-)

Edited by spider4

Guest spider4

Ok thanks for your efforts, until you fix the patch it wood be good idea to delete links for the patch. Because now it cause more harm than good.

Guest kyan31
any patch for NFC model yet??

Its 1:29 am for me, I can't patch anything till the morning. I need my sleep you know :P

If you need a fix right now, just copy the media_profiles.xml and the media_codecs.xml from the original Electra zip, and paste it into this directory on your phone:

System/etc

I will make a patch tomorrow though, please be patient.