Settings > "More" not working

Guest markhuges

Guest markhuges

So just as i think everything is done :) this happens :( : the menu for Settings > More does not work for me . I click on "More" and it just goes back to home screen and does not work? anyone know why? The setting itself works , e.g wifi, display but now have this "more" problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Edited by markhuges

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm presuming you mean the "Wireless & Networks" screen? I notice you posted this after you rebooted the phone from the previous thread you posted in, did you check after the reboot? If so what did you delete from the system apps exactly?

Guest markhuges

I'm presuming you mean the "Wireless & Networks" screen? I notice you posted this after you rebooted the phone from the previous thread you posted in, did you check after the reboot? If so what did you delete from the system apps exactly?

Yes, That from wireless and Networks, The "more" option is not working, I deleted the things, like social gallery, quick office, translate etc

Edited by markhuges

Guest glossywhite

Reinstall it,, Is there no other shorter method?

Probably, but since we don't know what you've removed, it's not easy to tell you what specifically to put back, and you'd need to start setting permissions on the items you would put back, if you got that far. Note - if you re-install Xolo ICS, your downloaded apps and settings will remain intact (including account logins, WiFi etc) unless you clear /data and /cache, which there is no reason to do in this instance.

1/ Re-install Xolo ICS

2/ Re-root

Hope that helps :)

Guest markhuges

Okay, Thank You Both for your help! :)! Glad I can atleast fix it and haven't fully wrecked it!!!! (I really do need to stay away from trouble)

I will Reinstall and Re root later in a months time, since it currently is not a major issue, and i have some tests in a months time!

Thank You both for your input! :D:)!!

Guest glossywhite

Okay, Thank You Both for your help! :)! Glad I can atleast fix it and haven't fully wrecked it!!!! (I really do need to stay away from trouble)

I will Reinstall and Re root later in a months time, since it currently is not a major issue, and i have some tests in a months time!

Thank You both for your input! :D :)!!

You are welcome :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thank You both for your input! :D :)!!

Consider it practice :P

• 2 months later...
Guest markhuges

Hello, Been a while and im ready to fix, this, I have downloaded the Update file 299mb

So, i put it in the Update folder?

Also the Phone is rooted? will i have to do anything else?

Thanks

Edit: Did that,

Thank you! the "more" is back :) :D Thanks for your help!

Edited by markhuges