• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SIM Unlock

39 posts in this topic

Posted

We are just having a laugh, brightening up the day, nothing sinister :) we are not North Korean LSE students Great Leader :ph34r:

Posted

We are just having a laugh, brightening up the day, nothing sinister :) we are not North Korean LSE students Great Leader :ph34r:

I didn't think it was "sinister" for even a second - I'm not paranoid, I just wondered if it was against the rules - I don't want people being banned :)

Posted

Talking crap = Ban, Talking Chinese = Confusion, Mr Miyagi in 1987

Posted

Talking crap = Ban, Talking Chinese = Confusion, Mr Miyagi in 1987

Quite a few people talk nonsense on here - I've done so myself a few times, and thankfully been forgiven for it by the mods :)

Posted

Did anybody have any success recently? Because I called, and they were rather rude and told me I have to go through the official complaints process. I told them I was trying to for a few weeks, but I am not getting anywhere. And then he connected me to 450, argh!

Posted

Success. I finally got my unlock code over the phone. I am not sure which of my attempts was successful in the end - the communication "strategy" from Orange customer service is highly confusion - but I think writing a letter did the trick. I never received a response, but I did finally managed to track down the issue via the executive office. What a bizarre process.

Posted

No joy for me.They just told me the usual about needing to be with them six months. They even told me to get in touch with the guy I bought it off on ebay. Well considering that transaction has long since disappeared from my purchase list I don't think that was great advice.

Posted

No joy for me.They just told me the usual about needing to be with them six months. They even told me to get in touch with the guy I bought it off on ebay. Well considering that transaction has long since disappeared from my purchase list I don't think that was great advice.

Try in writing, they seem to be a lot more reasonable once they receive a letter. But they do like the phone to be used with the SIM that it was sold with, I heard that before. You can also check your email, whether you can still find the details of the seller, in case you need some details.

On the other hand, I had a look around, and both WhiteMobile and Vectone seem to be decent VMNOs on the Orange network, so they should work on a network locked phone.

Posted

i tried getting unlock code but they refused me - can some pls email me or PM me the letter they have sent to orange pls??

Posted

Hi :)

what about people outside UK ? I dont live in UK and soon i will get Orange San Diego device. So i need to unlock it that i could use it.

Please can someone help me ? Can i maybe send e-mail to Orange

please

Thank you

Posted

It needs to be in the UK, being used on Orange UK for at least 6 months - it's the only way to get it unlocked now. You simply won't be able to get it done any other way.

At the start of the year, Orange changed their unlocking T&Cs so a few people managed to argue that they signed up to old old ones (I know I did) - this isn't the case anymore though.

If you really want an Intel phone, that you can easily unlock then look at the Motorola RAZR i. They're not that much more expensive than the OSD sold for (£149), the build quality is 10x better and it gets the beefier 2GHz CPU.

Posted

It needs to be in the UK, being used on Orange UK for at least 6 months - it's the only way to get it unlocked now. You simply won't be able to get it done any other way.

At the start of the year, Orange changed their unlocking T&Cs so a few people managed to argue that they signed up to old old ones (I know I did) - this isn't the case anymore though.

If you really want an Intel phone, that you can easily unlock then look at the Motorola RAZR i. They're not that much more expensive than the OSD sold for (£149), the build quality is 10x better and it gets the beefier 2GHz CPU.

All true I'm afraid. If you want to unlock the sim then 100% don't buy it.

Posted

ok. thanks for the advice :)