Facebook Home download (including patched APK version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest earthling0001
First post updated with patched APKs for use on unrooted, unsupported devices. Enjoy! :)

P

Now if you could get notifications working for all apps like the HTC First exclusively allows?... :wub:

Guest CodyG

First post updated with patched APKs for use on unrooted, unsupported devices. Enjoy! :)

P

Any idea how to get it to work on an unrooted Droid DNA? I can't uninstall facebook to update with the patched version

Guest cynicalinsomniac

I'm still having the same problem. Home apk is only 258 kb and I'm getting parsing error. the file you had up earlier this week didn't give me this error.

I'm getting the same problem, Parsing Error, i successfully installed the patched versions of FB and Messenger, but it has been populating a parsing error everytime i try to install home.

***Hopes for a QuickFix***

Guest CPCookieMan

Yeah, it's not that great honestly. Especially if you hate pixelation. Any picture that is displayed from your feed is re-sized to fit, so they all end up looking terrible. That, combined with the fact that you will probably end up looking creepy when a random girl changes her profile picture and shows up on your lockscreen.

I'm not trying to dissuade people from trying it for themselves, but no need to hold your breath over this.

Guest malemutekid

One thing I noticed was that when I had the Messenger app from the Play Store it had the option to set it for SMS. Now with this patched version I don't see that in the settings. I'm using a Nexus 4 and besides that everything else is peachy.

Guest Valnomien

The orca app you provided for unsupported devices only works on my galaxy nexus but on nexus 4 there is no SMS/MMS option when I install the Play Store version it has that feature but doesn't work with the other two patched files

Guest earthling0001
Indeed,

My main aim is to set up a voice that Orange may listen to.

Power to the people!

:twisted:

P

Just use the market version. Works fine with Paul's other two apps.

Guest roly33

Works perfectly on my SGSIII Mini thanks. I've shared the link on xda-developers as they've only figured out the rooted work around.

Roland

Guest votdfak

Thanks Paul, as usual, you're the man! Facebook Home working great on N4. Belgrade, Serbia, here. Thanks again.

Update: Messenger app is not showing option to enable Chat Heads. Bummer. Is it possible to fix that?

Edited by votdfak

Guest Jase Winter

This worked great on my N4 running CM 10.1. Chat heads however, doesn't work for me with this apk, but it doesn't work for me with the regular messages app downloaded from the play store either, nothing i've tried will get the option to even show up. Annoyingly it's the only feature I was actually interested in.

Oh, also, the options to use with SMS are not in this apk for me either.

Edited by Jase Winter

Guest Tomi Tomi

it's awesome on my gt-n7000!!! (unsupported device), I am just missing Chat Heads! thank you Paul! Hope to get them heads working soon :-D