Sign in to follow this  
glossywhite

I want to have a boot sound...

glossywhite    243

Hello folks!

After following many guides last night, I came to the conclusion that the "standard" for enabling a start-up/boot sound on Android is not a standard, as many guides have different filenames in different places - some are WAV, some are OGG and some MP3.

Does anyone know how to enable a boot sound on the San Diego?

thank you :)

jikobutsu    312

System/media/audio/ui/bootsound.mp3......well that is what worked on one of my old androids, although I think it must be enabled in kernel perhaps as that does not work on all android devices, in fact, I remember I was running a CM rom, maybe not possible on stock.

Edited by jikobutsu

glossywhite    243

System/media/audio/ui/bootsound.mp3......well that is what worked on one of my old androids, although I think it must be enabled in kernel perhaps as that does not work on all android devices, in fact, I remember I was running a CM rom, maybe not possible on stock.

That path looks familiar... maybe I shall try it, but I am sure I did last night. Thank you! :)

## EDIT ##

I tried every conceivable thing:

Created: Bootsound.ogg, bootsound.ogg, Bootsound.mp3, bootsound.mp3

I placed the above in /system/media, /system/media/boot, /system/media/audio, /system/media/audio/ui

I chmod'd 644 to the audio files, I created a new "bootanimation.zip" with the "s Bootsound.ogg" specified in "desc.txt" as the source of the boot chime, and ZIP'd with "-0" (store) attribute when ZIPing it, pushed it back to /system/media/boot and chmod'd it back to 644 and rebooted... NOTHING!

Edited by glossywhite