• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

G300 Crashes stuck on CWM screen

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Last night my G300 running the vodafone ICS official update (I upgraded it from gingerbread sometime ago) crashed, appas stopped working, then screen blacked out unresponsive (Im guessing powered off) then I took the battery out after trying to turn it back on, eventually it came back on, got stuck on the Huawei logo for a while and then displayed CWM-based recovery v6.0.1.2 screen (picture attached) with this text at the bottom:

CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.2

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Help would be much appreciated!!?!? I live in the UK and bought the phone from the vodafone website and it is unlocked, it is less than 2 years old I still have the warranty card but am not sure how to get huawei to repair it if needed, or if there is a more simple solution?

Thanks very much!

George

20130413112337392.bmp

Posted · Report post

Check on forum. I saw exactly the same problem few days ago in a topic.

Posted · Report post

My thread on the same issue:

Tried a lot of stuff, CWM, fastboot commands, nothing worked so, finally have sent that to Huawei today.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just wondering did you have to wipe/restore the phone to factory settings before hand - will they mind that it has CWM recovery on it in the first place?!

Thank you!

Edited by George333

Do a force update with an update.app if you can, but they probably won't notice CWM. Also do a factory reset and take out your SD card too before you send it.

Edited by george109

Posted · Report post

Thanks, will try that today, does anyone have the UK Huawei address to send it to, or shall I just ring the support hotline first?

Just wondering did you have to wipe/restore the phone to factory settings before hand - will they mind that it has CWM recovery on it in the first place?!

Thank you!

Absolutely nothing worked for me, so have sent the rooted + bricked device as it is to the service center guys. Counting on Huawei now.

Thanks, will try that today, does anyone have the UK Huawei address to send it to, or shall I just ring the support hotline first?

Give them a call and ask for the A.S.S information.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201107199604/FAQ_ServiceHotline_en/index.html

Edited by smweb

Posted · Report post

thanks everyone for your time!:)