Roms that don't drain battery ?

Guest craigibhoy

Guest craigibhoy

Is there any roms that actually have decent battery life, ive tried dazzo's cm10.1 jb 4.2.2, kyan's elektra and meeko os both are really nice but battery drainers.

Guest TangerineTractor

Best decent ROMS for battery life aren't CM based - Stock+ V6 or Slim V11 are both similar fast ICS-based ROMS with pretty decent battery life. Older Gingerbread ROMS like Atomic are good too, but I've not seen noticeable difference between them and Stock+ or Slim.

The JB ROMS are much heavier on battery use. It's a trade off, you have to balance your priorities - features, speed etc vs battery life, stability etc. I tend to try out every new ROM and version that comes out, but always end up back on Stock+ or Slim.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest denzele

I've been saying for some time that slim rom seems to be the best out there battery friendly out of all roms and I tried them all pretty much...give a try

Guest TangerineTractor

baidu is miles ahead in therms of battery life...

But it's not stable, and has lots of "features" that many people don't want/like. It also has lots of power-saving tweaks, like turning data off - this is an issue in China where data allowances are low and costs are expensive, but for people with high allowances or unlimited data, it kind of defeats the object of having a smartphone.

The OP is obviously a newcomer and a relative novice, so advising use of a foreign language, non-stable complicated ROM is probably not the kindest thing to suggest. That's why Stock+ or Slim are sensible suggestions - fast, reliable, stable and a good all-round rom to get familiar with the phone and the OS on.

Guest pOcHa

But it's not stable, and has lots of "features" that many people don't want/like. It also has lots of power-saving tweaks, like turning data off - this is an issue in China where data allowances are low and costs are expensive, but for people with high allowances or unlimited data, it kind of defeats the object of having a smartphone.

The OP is obviously a newcomer and a relative novice, so advising use of a foreign language, non-stable complicated ROM is probably not the kindest thing to suggest. That's why Stock+ or Slim are sensible suggestions - fast, reliable, stable and a good all-round rom to get familiar with the phone and the OS on.

i'm sorry, but that's just a load of bull, as it's actually the most stable rom there is for g300 - simply everything runs great on it, even the apps that FC on others... it wasn't stable for you because you were intent on using a custom kernel that was simply just not made for it (which is even clearly stated in its author's topic)

power and data saving features are there purely as a precaution when they get low - you are prompted if you want to use them, and can be completely disabled... and have absolutely no baring on the otherwise exceptional battery life - it drains less with everything turned on, then on other roms in sleep mode

and complaining that there are "too many" features is just plain ridiculous - they are all optional, can be easily turned off (you were irritated by a traffic manager's status bar in notifications, but how deal breaking can that one little thing really be?), and do not slow the rom down at all, as it even has the best multitasking (no background apps FC)

those "performance" roms may have a faster and smoother launcher, but that is all the extent of their "optimization", everything else is just sub par compared to it, and the only thing it is arguably missing is the overclock, but still runs better without it then others with it - games that are unplayable on other roms run lag free here

and that foreign language bit is just pure nonsense - you are given a choice of english on the very first wizard screen, and there is not a single chinese character left

i would have agreed with you on only one thing - if he is accustomed to the simple stock roms, than those you suggested will be a better stepping stone to the more advanced (complicated? really? now you're just trolling) baidu - but the topic name and the first post suggest otherwise

i too detest those generic best rom threads, but this is a rare one that has a very specific condition - and the simple fact remains, that the best answer to his question is just baidu

Edited by pOcHa

Guest Northstandhero

Baidu's been the Rom I've found the most stable with the best feature/performance/battery life balance and I've tried plenty, Slim, Stock+, The CM's.

Great Rom.

Guest craigibhoy

ive just installed it and put it on fully charge 10mins later im at 87 percent i was only installing fmh 2013 but when i installed first time on my original ics update via vodafone i had 98 percent battery,so baidu is not good terms of battery life.

Guest pOcHa

maybe your battery stats left over from the previous rom are not yet calibrated - give it a full recharge or two to display actual values... no one ever had problems with it's battery life, quite the contrary, it was the first one to feature power saving, so you would be the first and only one, which is quite unlikely

Edited by pOcHa

Guest dakok

Thats not how battery works. :) And you have some other problem there.

First thing I noticed was wrong was whwn you mentioned bad battery performance on Mokee rom

(you named it "meeko os")

If there is anything good in Mokee then it is battery consumption. Almost 1,5 days with very frequent use.

Baidu is not much worse than that.

Matter of fact many g300 roms have decent battery handling (CM10 too - contrary to what TT said)

So your problem is in another domain :)

Guest dakok

The JB ROMS are much heavier on battery use.

Your answer is misleading.

JB roms are NOT much heavier on battery use. Some of them are: several cm10.1 releases from Dazzozo

But Dazzozo`s CM10r6, Joestone`s CM10, Miui v5, Shendu and few others based on some of them are not.

The OP is obviously a newcomer and a relative novice, so advising use of a foreign language, non-stable complicated ROM is probably not the kindest thing to suggest. .

It IS stable.

It has LOTS of features: Volume wake, Battery percentage, SMS popup, Customizable power toggles, Firewall, Startup manager..... - things that people DO like.

You are advising against using rom with "foreign" language but I can see that Craigibhoy uses english very well. What did you mean?

If english is foreign language - then he would most probably like data saving tweaks.... :)

Stuff presented in our Baidu repacks is maybe 80% of things it can provide.

Baidu would probably be the best rom for our phone - if only developers would find some time to translate and adapt the rest of its

features. Features we can`t use due to foreign language barrier.

P.S. I forgot Bruno`Å› work on Baidu multilanguage. Bruno - sorry!

Keep up your good work. :)

Edited by dakok

Guest celrau

This thread gives the measure of objectivity I got used to on this forum :) Let me throw my 2 cents, best battery/performance/stability balance I got from stock ICS B952 trimmed down plus PaulM #15 kernel with a slight overclock and Miui v4 2.3.7 (that's GB) which is my current one. The rule is quite simple, more features mean more energy consumption, WIfi and data use a lot of battery on all roms.

Guest pOcHa

no one can really know how much battery is left at any given time, or what is its maximum capacity - they just make educated guesses based on its past usage statistics, google it...

but you are correct about his problem not being the roms - its probably the hardware (most likely battery dying)

(and on baidu you can even "bless" you messages, not sure what it is, but it must be all the rage in china now)

Guest denzele

Ahh good old who's the best ....mate install all roms try them yourself and you'll get answer..and yes don't judge battery after a few hours give it a couple days...

Also keep in mind that all depends which kernel you're using as well..and few other tweaks such as V6 supercharge l,pimp my rom app etc...

But yeah I prefer slim rom...my choice...

Guest craigibhoy

thanks denzel for your help i went back to my original ics (vodafone) so i plan to take your advice and try all of them, maybe i was being impatient testing for a few hours, should i test out the jb ones too or just leave them.

Guest denzele

As I said try as many as possible but always give time for final judgment if it's worth everyday use...

JB roms are awesome ( well JB are the latest android and to be able to use it on this budget phone (thank you dazzazo) it's just brilliant ) if you looking for performance some extra stuff you won't find on stocks..definitely worth a try...

Once you install stock play with kernels see which one suits your needs.. Also worth mentioning is over clocking for stock roms more higher you set it more battery will use...not sure about CM never tried to over clock them since it's probably not good idea in first place..ask in CM treads...

Good Luck mate...:)

Guest denzele

About overclocking stock roms of course ALWAYS keep in mind risk of burning phone if sets too high..search in roms tread what is max. recommend...

Guest smweb

I would suggest to try all the ROMs and suit your needs. For me, Baidu has been the ROM I have found the most stable with the best feature / performance / battery life balance. Next would come Slim, and Stock+.

Have to disagree on all fronts and agree with what pOcHa said. To me, Baidu is one of the best ROMs out there for G300. (I have faced crashes on Baidu but rarely.)

Guest TangerineTractor

I would suggest to try all the ROMs and suit your needs. For me, Baidu has been the ROM I have found the most stable with the best feature / performance / battery life balance. Next would come Slim, and Stock+.

Have to disagree on all fronts and agree with what pOcHa said. To me, Baidu is one of the best ROMs out there for G300. (I have faced crashes on Baidu but rarely.)

That's the interesting thing, though. People with seemingly identical hardware all seem to get different results. I flashed an early Baidu release and was not impressed - so last night, I did a full wipe of the latest version... it worked OK, but was nowhere near as responsive or smooth as Slim or Stock+ (all with no overclocking etc), for me at least, and I got a couple of FCs where I wouldn't on the other ROMS. Battery was nothing special, but like I said, that's for me. I am always surprised/frustrated when I read threads with people experiencing issues which I don't, and I can't really see why on a clean install, unless there are fundamental differences in chipsets etc maybe?

One thing I always try to do is be objective - it's all a matter of opinion. We are all speaking from our own personal experience - you should always respect and try to understand other people's views and their reasons for them, not just belittle them.