Roms that don't drain battery ?

Guest craigibhoy

Guest pOcHa

i'm sorry TangerineTractor if I offended you, but you are again basing your opinion on a just a couple of hours of usage, and not a real life usage at that - so you can't be calling it any kind of experience, much less an objective one, as it can only be your personal and therefore highly subjective preference... it's okay to not like it, but your reasons for it were pure drivel

and again, you can't really comment on a battery life if you haven't done a full recharge or two on that rom - now having said that, maybe the newer versions of those roms do have a comparable battery life to baidu, but it certainly wasn't the case when it first appeared on this forum...

and while the launcher is more responsive and smoother in those roms, they struggle with very intensive games (they are a truely representative benchmark of real life usage - as opposed to some purely synthetic tests like antutu)

and i would very much like to know where exactly did you get those FC's, as that would be the only tangible contribution from you so far

Guest TangerineTractor

i'm sorry TangerineTractor if I offended you, but you are again basing your opinion on a just a couple of hours of usage, and not a real life usage at that - so you can't be calling it any kind of experience, much less an objective one, as it can only be your personal and therefore highly subjective preference... it's okay to not like it, but your reasons for it were pure drivel

and again, you can't really comment on a battery life if you haven't done a full recharge or two on that rom - now having said that, maybe the newer versions of those roms do have a comparable battery life to baidu, but it certainly wasn't the case when it first appeared on this forum...

and while the launcher is more responsive and smoother in those roms, they struggle with very intensive games (they are a truely representative benchmark of real life usage - as opposed to some purely synthetic tests like antutu)

and i would very much like to know where exactly did you get those FC's, as that would be the only tangible contribution from you so far

I don't game - my phone is for work and messaging services primarily. When I install a new ROM, I install all the same apps on it, and play with it for as long as I feel it takes to get a good idea of its responsiveness, smoothenss and general feel" - I install a browser, my email, twitter client, and a launcher, usually Holo, as I like more customisation of my home screen then the default launchers usually offer.

So based on the same configuration on each rom, and nothing too resource hungry, I can tell how responsive and smooth the rom is for my usage. Baidu 25 last night was ok, but nothing more. But that's just on my configuration. There is little point in running it for more than an hour or so if it is simply not as good for me as another option. Likewise, if I get FCs, it will deter me from continuing. Last night on Baidu, I got FCs on Google Play, Falcon, Aqua Mail. Which was enough for me to not want to persevere with it.

Guest glassblower

Slim v11 has to be my choice for battery life, without any doubt - and trust me, I've tried loads of different ROMs on my G300. Baidu is good but 3G/Data does not work on my 3UK SIM so it's useless for me personally.

Neil

Guest popoyaya

JB roms are NOT much heavier on battery use. Some of them are: several cm10.1 releases from Dazzozo

But Dazzozo`s CM10r6, Joestone`s CM10, Miui v5, Shendu and few others based on some of them are not.

Could you recommend a CM10 based rom with perfect call quality (like stock) and good battery life?

Guest smweb

That's the interesting thing, though. People with seemingly identical hardware all seem to get different results. I flashed an early Baidu release and was not impressed - so last night, I did a full wipe of the latest version... it worked OK, but was nowhere near as responsive or smooth as Slim or Stock+ (all with no overclocking etc), for me at least, and I got a couple of FCs where I wouldn't on the other ROMS. Battery was nothing special, but like I said, that's for me. I am always surprised/frustrated when I read threads with people experiencing issues which I don't, and I can't really see why on a clean install, unless there are fundamental differences in chipsets etc maybe?

One thing I always try to do is be objective - it's all a matter of opinion. We are all speaking from our own personal experience - you should always respect and try to understand other people's views and their reasons for them, not just belittle them.

Agreed, we are speaking from our experiences only and that's why OP should base his opinion after trying the different Roms out there. And sorry if my comments have hurt you. Peace.

Guest craigibhoy

Yeah i have took denzele's and try different roms, i tried maple v4.0 for about 1 day upto about an hour ago , battery life is good when im playing FMH 2013 but couldn't connect to google play store and couldn't be bothered trying to flash gapps so now im trying liqu rom, love the design of it, not the very fastest but fast enough,play store works fine so im gona stick with this for a while do a few battery tests on some apps and FMH 2013 (Football Manager Handheld 2013)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest niknah

Thanks for the advices here! I removed the Cyanogenmod Jelly Bean mod and went back to ICS.

Now, the battery is only at 50% after a few days.

It used to go to 0% battery in 1.5 days when the phone was mostly idle.

Guest pOcHa

Gah! Will this battery calibration hocus pocus never die?!?! :wacko:

dalyer, please concentrate for a second, of course i'm not talking about improving the battery life by stats calibration - but about the inherited problem of all batteries that you can't really know how much charge is left at any given time, or even what is its maximum capacity - you can only make educated guesses based on calculations with the past usage statistics (they are either kept by the battery itself, or by the device using it)

that is why you need to fully charge and completely empty the battery on each new rom at least once, before you start getting accurate data on battery life for just that rom, and not the mixed results from the previous one you had... so people trying a rom for just a couple of hours can't really comment on its battery life in any meaningful way (it actually says more about their previous one)

and here are a couple of links for you too:

http://stackoverflow...ng-battery-life

http://stackoverflow...e-android-phone

and google some more if you want to further educate yourself

Edited by pOcHa

Guest dakok

Or charge/discharge it fully (uninterrupted) twice in a row from 10% - 100%

(charging with phone turned off)

That is a calibration, too :)

Guest pOcHa

exactly, although ideally the phone should always be on, for the data to be more relevant for the rom

and do not confuse that either with the "forming" of the battery we all had to do with the old phones - those old battery types had an unfortunate memory effect, that limited its maximum charge if you didn't initially fully charge and completely discharge them before charging again

• 2 years later...
Guest DaxyAlone

Hello guys :)

Can someone help me ?

Someone here mention B952-slim...I have that over a year(v13)...everything works fine..except one thing...

When i turn off my huawei g300 ,while charging,display turn off,of course,but soft keys still lights up...and never turn off..Anyone have idea how i can fix this??I try to google it but i didnt found anything :(