MoDaCo approved Huawei unlock codes - request here 3.75 £

Guest KORTER

What handset? G300?

What ROM?

Have you tried a few different operators' SIMs?

Do you know what network it's locked to?

Are you sure it's not actually unlocked and the not network is some other problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

We cam also getunlock code from any commercial vendors online like http://www.ADVERTISING SPAM.com/huawei/rs5wp8

Welcome :)

You could make it sound less spammy by calling the site something different from ADVERTISING_SPAM.com lol :D

BTW, before you think about getting anything from there, it has a poor reputation on myWOT https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ADVERTISING SPAM.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc

Also, KORTER supports MoDaCo, which helps all of us here :)

Edited by george109

Guest jeffk82

Got a Huawei Ascend G510 today and set about using this forum to root and unlock the phone. I sent off the bootloader request to the manufactor and have been told it will take up to three days.

I got the following email back when trying to unlock the sim

Your order for Huawei unlock codes (ALL MODELS) - has processing failure .
Reason  :  ValidationError123943277error:This IMEI is already available or pending in your Account ReferenceID

Do I need to wait for the bootloader code, then get the sim unlocked and then complete rooting the phone?

Guest KORTER

Got a Huawei Ascend G510 today and set about using this forum to root and unlock the phone. I sent off the bootloader request to the manufactor and have been told it will take up to three days.

I got the following email back when trying to unlock the sim

Your order for Huawei unlock codes (ALL MODELS) - has processing failure .

Reason  :  ValidationError123943277error:This IMEI is already available or pending in your Account ReferenceID

Do I need to wait for the bootloader code, then get the sim unlocked and then complete rooting the phone?

which IMEI is that ?

Guest jeffk82

I sent a request to Hauewi so i could root it. I have tried the methods listed and am having issues with adb toolkit and it is taking forever to download the full one, so i will wait for offical way to do it. But thanks for the links!

Then i bought a network unlock code and after numerous emails about invoices etc i got this

Your order for Huawei unlock codes (ALL MODELS) - 868038016087299 has
processing failure .
Reason  :  ValidationError123943277error:This IMEI is already available or
pending in your Account ReferenceID 9369

Edited by jeffk82

Guest dalyer

I sent a request to Hauewi so i could root it. I have tried the methods listed and am having issues with adb toolkit and it is taking forever to download the full one, so i will wait for offical way to do it. But thanks for the links!

Then i bought a network unlock code and after numerous emails about invoices etc i got this

Your order for Huawei unlock codes (ALL MODELS) - 868038016087299 has

processing failure .

Reason  :  ValidationError123943277error:This IMEI is already available or

pending in your Account ReferenceID 9369

You don't need anything from Huawei to root it.

I think you're confusing root with bootloader unlock?

If you are having a problem with getting a network unlock code from Korter then just post here or contact him - in my experience he will sort out such problems quickly and efficiently.

Did you ever change your IMEI?

Guest jeffk82

You don't need anything from Huawei to root it.

I think you're confusing root with bootloader unlock?

If you are having a problem with getting a network unlock code from Korter then just post here or contact him - in my experience he will sort out such problems quickly and efficiently.

Did you ever change your IMEI?

I looked up rooting and i got to sending them imei and two other sets of numbers to get bootloader unlocked to then root it with some file in the dload or download? folder

No i got the phone brand new from vodafone in ireland yesterday and took the imei from the phone software noit the box

Guest dalyer

Rooting is one thing:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-how-to-root-your-huawei-ascend-g300-for-windows-mac-and-linux/

Bootloader unlock is another - using the code from Huawei:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

or using DC Unlocker if it works for you:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

Network unlocking is yet another thing - see the first post in this thread.

The thread that you linked to is for the G510 not the G300 - are you sure it works on the latter as well?

Edit: oh - I re-read the thread and see that you DO have a G510. I assumed G300 because that's what this forum is for. I have no idea if G300 stuff (e.g. root, bootloader unlock etc.) will work on the G510. You need to be careful what you do here in case you brick your G510 by using the wrong stuff....

Hope this clarifies.

The IMEI from the phone (dialing *#06#), under the battery (?) and on the box (if original) should be the same.

I unlocked a Vodafone Ireland G300 using a code from Korter so it does work.

As I mentioned above or elsewhere I got the bootloader unlock code from Huawei but never bothered unlocking the ICS bootloader because I just reverted to the GB bootloader and baseband and used GB ROMs (in particular CM7) as I found them better than others.

Edited by dalyer

Guest jeffk82

Rooting is one thing:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-how-to-root-your-huawei-ascend-g300-for-windows-mac-and-linux/

Bootloader unlock is another - using the code from Huawei:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/

or using DC Unlocker if it works for you:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479

Network unlocking is yet another thing - see the first post in this thread.

The thread that you linked to is for the G510 not the G300 - are you sure it works on the latter as well?

Edit: oh - I re-read the thread and see that you DO have a G510. I assumed G300 because that's what this forum is for. I have no idea if G300 stuff (e.g. root, bootloader unlock etc.) will work on the G510. You need to be careful what you do here in case you brick your G510 by using the wrong stuff....

Hope this clarifies.

The IMEI from the phone (dialing *#06#), under the battery (?) and on the box (if original) should be the same.

I unlocked a Vodafone Ireland G300 using a code from Korter so it does work.

As I mentioned above or elsewhere I got the bootloader unlock code from Huawei but never bothered unlocking the ICS bootloader because I just reverted to the GB bootloader and baseband and used GB ROMs (in particular CM7) as I found them better than others.

Thanks for all the information, im new to andrioid and have to rely on my nephew for information to get me started, playing it safe so I don’t end up with a brick.

Yeah I have the request for network unlocking gone in and I know he’s good because he was recommended on Boards.Ie, hopefully he can sort out the problem’s and get my phone unlocked.

I seen my phone listed in the first post, so I assumed the thread was about all models.

I seem to have it rooted now, root checker says so and apps like root explorer work,so hopefully its ok and next I can get my 48 sim card into it.

Guest dalyer

You can also unlock Huawei modems unlocked using unlock code..You can purchase such code from any vendors online like OnlineGsmUnlock.com

$44!!!!?!?!!?

Total rip off.

Stick with Korter (first post of this thread) for unlock codes for c. $5.60

I have no vested interest other than as a satisfied customer several times over.

But I hate seeing these rip off unlocking services being posted here.

Some poor sap will probably pay those extortionate prices to get unlocked.

:angry2:

Edited by dalyer

Guest jeffk82

You can also unlock Huawei modems unlocked using unlock code..You can purchase such code from any vendors online like OnlineGsmUnlock.com

I tried another one on ebay and was told ill have to get it unlocked by a cable, so its gone into a local phone unlocking place,thanks

Im paying €15,some places wanted €20 or €30

Edited by jeffk82

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest denzele

Mate I give you 10 star service for speed [3 hours on Saturday ] that is unbelievable  considering that I've been waiting 7 days from some dude on ebay and other one 2 weeks this is absolutely 10 star service . I only wish I used you in first place . Highly recommend to everybody out there . :D   

To others trying to get codes from ebay be aware there's a lot scam happening and waiting is just awful really . :angry:

Edited by denzele

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hucknallred

Hi, I have custom rom-ed & CWM-ed my G300 to within an inch of it's life. I have also messed with the IMEI with the 5irom tool & also tried the dodgy unlock for free method with the DFS tool.

If you can do it to a G300 I have done it. It is still locked to Vodafone, it's IMEI also goes to 0 if I flash a custom or official Rom, 5irom can't restore the IMEI but the DFS tool does.

Question is, will one of these codes still work for me, or do I need to work on restoring the G300 to some sort on normality beforehand, if so what do I need to do?

Thanks

CD