• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM][JB]-Android Open Kang Project for the Huawei Ascend G300. R2 Updated: 22/4/2013

231 posts in this topic

Posted

So if it doesn't boot, is your phone bricked?

Posted

So if it doesn't boot, is your phone bricked?

No, it could just be a bootloop.

Posted (edited)

Evening, still loving this ROM, I have two problems, Google Now says I need to enable location settings, even though they are all selected, and my No 1 app I use FC's when I open it, it has never done this before on any other ROM, I would suspect it is something to do with location/GPS settings as it is a location based Cardio trainer.

The Cardio Trainer opens, but as soon as you 'select' log workout and it trys to access location info it FC's

I enclose logcats for them both

logcat for Google Now.txt

logcat For Cardio Trainer FC.txt

post-407498-0-90963300-1366490163_thumb.

post-407498-0-97173300-1366490187_thumb.

post-407498-0-95863800-1366490205_thumb.

post-407498-0-78031100-1366490225_thumb.

Edited by Andymac1969

Posted

Evening, still loving this ROM, I have two problems, Google Now says I need to enable location settings, even though they are all selected, and my No 1 app I use FC's when I open it, it has never done this before on any other ROM, I would suspect it is something to do with location/GPS settings as it is a location based Cardio trainer.

I enclose logcats for them both

Bug report WIN. Thanks

Posted

Bug report WIN. Thanks

Your welcome, I just hope they make sense to you, as they mean nothing to my poor brain :blink:

Posted

Your welcome, I just hope they make sense to you, as they mean nothing to my poor brain :blink:

Lol yer :) will be fixed in next release buddy, hopefully. Doesn't look to sinister.

Posted

this rom treats internal sd as internal memory?

Posted

I installed nova launcher, that solved it :-)

That's better. Thanks for the tip.

Posted

Deep sleeping fine for me. You must have a wake lock.

post-926286-13664025935822_thumb.jpg

Hi, if this helps, I have loaded exactly the same apps, and set the performance options the same but on Electra ROM, and as you can see it is deep sleeping without a problem :wacko:

post-407498-0-24041500-1366546112_thumb.

Posted

Hi, if this helps, I have loaded exactly the same apps, and set the performance options the same but on Electra ROM, and as you can see it is deep sleeping without a problem :wacko:

Ok . If you end up back on this rom at anytime and suffer the same problem. Get an app called wake lock detector and let me know what causes you the wakelock

Cheers

Posted

Good job on this rom is the best rom so far I flash on g300 just continues.

Posted

Great and fast rom. Issued a random reboot half an hour ago... While i was turning on mobile data from toggles... Nevermind that, this rom stays on my phone :)

Posted (edited)

Been running this since yesterday and the only problem I have had that has not yet been posted is that TVchatchup app stops after the splash IMG.

I have attached a log from log cat I hope its helpful as this is the first log I have created and this app is the only way I get to watch the F1 in peace lol

2013-04-21-20-22-08.txt

Edited by plewis1981

Posted

Progress:

-Fairly confident locations provider is sorted for the next release. It was a missing setting...duh

-Tethering options should also be back (another missing setting)

-Camera hacked to be a litle bit faster (animation length)

-Added Stk

-Adding cm file manager

-Auto brightness also fixed...maybe lol

*Should, ing, and maybe because it's late and i'm not going to flash it to test tonight.

Peace

Posted (edited)

We are waiting for new version :) Thanx !

Raverrr, do you think that your rom is eating battery a bit more than it should ?! Could you work a little bit more on battery usage ?!

Edited by djuroue

Posted

Progress:

-Fairly confident locations provider is sorted for the next release. It was a missing setting...duh

-Tethering options should also be back (another missing setting)

-Camera hacked to be a litle bit faster (animation length)

-Added Stk

-Adding cm file manager

-Auto brightness also fixed...maybe lol

*Should, ing, and maybe because it's late and i'm not going to flash it to test tonight.

Peace

Thanks! :)

Posted

We are waiting for new version :) Thanx !

Raverrr, do you think that your rom is eating battery a bit more than it should ?! Could you work a little bit more on battery usage ?!

Yeah, i would love to see a JB rom with the battery life of an ICS rom.

Keep it up raverrr!

Posted

Yeah, i would love to see a JB rom with the battery life of an ICS rom...

Then look in Dazzozo`s CM10r6 and Joestone`s CM10 direction :)

Posted

Dakok is surely paid by Daz for promoting his roms :P hahahaha ....

Whatever ... I'm waiting for this one ...

Posted

Then look in Dazzozo`s CM10r6 and Joestone`s CM10 direction :)

There is precious little you can do to noticeably improve battery life in JB ROMs. There are a bunch of small tweaks that 'may' improve it a little. The best one (in my opinion) being to drop data when device is sleeping BUT this impacts usability to much. For instance you wouldn't receive a whatsapp message until you turn the screen back on. However there is an app called "clever connectivity" that allows to disable data when sleeping and reactivates it for short, user defined periods of time allowing data messages etc to come through. Worth a look if you really must be on JB and are desperate for a little extra battery life.

Posted

I got pretty used to charging phone every night before going to sleep, so that is not so big problem for me ... What about uploading a new build Raverrr ?!

Posted

I use Tasker to turn off data and 3G whenever I dont use it, and I am still struggling to get a day out of a JB rom with light use

with stock+ I get 3 days plus

Posted

I got pretty used to charging phone every night before going to sleep, so that is not so big problem for me ... What about uploading a new build Raverrr ?!

All in good time :). I have a job and a real life to tend to lol.

Posted

When will be the new bulid the eagerly waiting for it?

Posted

All in good time :). I have a job and a real life to tend to lol.

Of course, like everyone of us!

We will wait for it ... We love your build :D