Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KenBW2

Online prices vs Instore Prices (potential price hike?)

13 posts in this topic

Interestingly the phone is £130 + £0 topup online, but in at least two stores (I assume nationwide) it's £150 + £10 topup, so £30 more expensive.

I seem to remember with the G300 it started out at £100 and was then upped to £130 a couple of weeks later (willing to be corrected on this).

Because of this (and that my Blade is sorely in need of an upgrade) I bought it from the website today (it's been despatched already!). The only real thing holding me back was the idea that it might not get a dev community, but the spanish forums, the reasonable amount of early activity here, and the fact that Paul O'Brien has bought one gives me great optimism. So I took the plunge.

Just a word of advice if you're holding out, watch out for unexpected price increases!

Edited by KenBW2

Huawei themselves have said that the RRP is £130 so Vodafone would be really really stupid to put the price up on the website. Stores are a different matter though. They usually are more expensive.

That's kind of a relief. But wasn't this also the case with the G300?

There seems to be some pricing 'jiggery pokery' going on with this model. The website price is currently £130, but I and another forum member has seen it at £180. Indeed, said forum member had the website price of £130 converted to £180 at the checkout. Vodafone are clearly having issues with the site and/or pricing. Hardly surprising as its website is generally abysmal. The shops are selling for £150 plus a £10 top up, but existing Vodafone customers shouldn't have to buy top up. I placed an order on the site yesterday at £130 and am waiting for delivery to my local shop.

Edited by Voxpop2011

Huawei themselves have said that the RRP is £130 so Vodafone would be really really stupid to put the price up on the website. Stores are a different matter though. They usually are more expensive.

There seems to be some pricing 'jiggery pokery' going on with this model. The website price is currently £130, but I and another forum member has seen it at £180. Indeed, said forum member had the website price of £130 converted to £180 at the checkout. Vodafone are clearly having issues with the site and/or pricing. Hardly surprising as its website is generally abysmal. The shops are selling for £150 plus a £10 top up, but existing Vodafone customers shouldn't have to buy top up. I placed an order on the site yesterday at £130 and am waiting for delivery to my local shop.

Here here, what have I found again, cleared the web data on my phone, back on the Vodafone website and low and behold £130 becomes £180, now with pictures lol, doubting Thomas's I salute you :P

post-407498-0-70240600-1366401716_thumb.

post-407498-0-47668000-1366401740_thumb.

No matter how hard I try... I can only find the G510 for £130.. on the Voda website.. NOT £180.. wierd..

Must have been a glitch. If you intend to buy then surely £130 is the figure you would want to see. :)

yes voda made a mistake its 130 pounds

I was in a Vodafone shop today and noticed that the price has gone down to £130, but there is still the £10 top up.

You only have to pay the top up if you're not already on Voda PAYG... I bought mine for £130 without top up..

You only have to pay the top up if you're not already on Voda PAYG... I bought mine for £130 without top up..

There's no such requirement on the website, got mine sans top up and I'm on 3

True, but when this model was first launched it was £150 in store with £10 top up for non-Vodafone customers. It has now dropped to an in store price of £130 plus the obligagatory £10 top up for non-customers.

As with all network operators, Vodafone is only interested in prompting the high-end, contract phones so there is only a non-working dummy phone on display. Imagine how much better this phone would sell if there was a working model and would be buyers could have a play. Having this this, the G300 sold in bucket loads but this might have been largely down to price.