[RECOVERY][ALL] Official TWRP 2.7.1.0 & Root [01/08/2014]

Guest Kra1o5

Guest POmniac

Can I root an Y300 without flash a custom recovery? Only unlocking bootloader and flashing the zip of superuser (or similar) by the stock recovery.

no

Guest tadopogi

i think this needs a revisit. the 3g/2g issue is really bugging me.

you wipe everything then flash a different rom,

but your settings for "mobile networks" on the previous rom remains. (the "use only 2g networks" checkbox)

Guest Victod

Very very nice!

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

• Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
  • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
  • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
  • Text wrap in the console output
  • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
  • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
  • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
  • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
  • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
  • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
  • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
  • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
  • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
  • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
  • Add 4.4 decrypt support
  • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
  • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

Edited by Victod

Guest Kra1o5

With the last twrp, if i do something, after every swipe to... I have a black screen and i have to pull the battery

You have selected sd-ext partition?

Guest fonz93

I have this problem with 2.6.3.3 too.

black screen issue after wiping cache etc.. or any "swipe to ..."? i have this problem only on 2.7, 2.6.3.3 works fine

Edited by fonz93

black screen issue after wiping cache etc.. or any "swipe to ..."? i have this problem only on 2.7, 2.6.3.3 works fine

Black screen issue. I have it when I make an advanced wipe.