Cm 10.1 for acer liquid metal it is possible

Guest stiwyfigfexx

Guest drmad

we can modify the framework for the system to believe that we are connected to a network and then manually activate the modem? bypassing all stages of activation

Guest Lens_flare
we can modify the framework for the system to believe that we are connected to a network and then manually activate the modem? bypassing all stages of activation
then we'll be always connected, not good. Also it's a hard way to bypass 3-year old code..

Guest Lens_flare
Online tool that allows you to communicate with the modem through AT commands: http://m2msupport.ne.../module-tester/

java? Online? oO
we have any hope to have the data using this method? BOH! :D
I already said it's deal of source mod no matter what tools you'd use. Edited by Lens_flare

Guest drmad

I already said it's deal of source mod no matter what tools you'd use.

Yes yes, I just try to see if AT commands you can figure out something more, unfortunately I do not know how to modify the sources

With that tool java you can figure out if the modem communicates with at command, and if the syntax is right

Guest Dart_Zlobus

Guys, I'm not a guru, but do not you think that if a modem device does not participate in the operation of the modem? Because the item named "Sharing Network" means the device communicates on its protokolu.kompyuter-on svoemu.Nalichie cable also monitored and surely command processing takes place on a computer modem, and not on the device.I'm sorry for my english)

Guest Lens_flare
device communicates on its protokolu.kompyuter-on svoemu.Nalichie cable also
руссо туристо :D им бесполезно объяснять, что это разные процессы, никак не связанные между собой, проше смириться и поддакивать, "чем бы дитя не тешилось".. Edited by Lens_flare

Guest drmad

surely command processing takes place on a computer modem, and not on the device.I'm sorry for my english)

AT commands ranging from pc on "acer modem" on com 11 (on my pc), I have no other modem on the PC, the modem can also be activated directly from the terminal or adb shell, so the modem can be sure on cm9 (100%) activated, the problem is that Android does not communicate with the modem

Guest Lens_flare
the problem is that Android does not communicate with the modem
the problem is it SHOULDN'T communicate with modem :D There is usb_rmnet device which has access to AT commands, there is also another rmnet device, which also has access to AT commands; So you are having two devices for different purpose, one using the only kernel usb driver and another requires complicated binary-framework-kernel interconnection scheme. That's it.

Guest drmad

the problem is it SHOULDN'T communicate with modem :D There is usb_rmnet device which has access to AT commands, there is also another rmnet device, which also has access to AT commands; So you are having two devices for different purpose, one using the only kernel usb driver and another requires complicated binary-framework-kernel interconnection scheme. That's it.

ok then the test on AT commands close here

Thanks again Lens

Guest Dart_Zlobus

I would like to say that no device works with a modem when connected to a PC, and the driver PC.i these functions can not be transferred Android)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest AleJet

Ciao Guys!

I'm reading about your try to port Cm 10 on the Liquid Metal, and despite the lack of resources you had really good result, mostly thanks to Lens_flare. Unfortunately the problems left unsolved make the phone unusable in everyday usage. And ok, having the Cm 10 on our phone won't improve our life quality....

Anyway we can't leave his work incomplete, it is a challenge for our mind, and a useful way to improve programming knowledge. Then imagine the satisfaction of have solving these problems!!

I'm completely new to programming, but I'm determined to learn it. Can someone link the programs used to compile the firmware and the latest Cm 10 of Lens?

Guest Lens_flare
Can someone link the programs used to compile the firmware and the latest Cm 10 of Lens?
the only thing that really does exist is cm9. Nobody still tried cm10 one, partially coz of me :P (read thread). to learn more about development and stuff on cm, read this http://wiki.cyanogen...g/w/Development, when that knowledge base didn't exist I used one of the guides they listed in device section, for example this one http://wiki.cyanogen...uild_for_maguro. For device tree of cm9 use my github https://github.com/N..._device_acer_a4, it does have some instructions to get you started. Also possibly you'll need gingerbread source, as porting would start here.

I maybe have a solution for camera problem(at last we'd get more here), but it needs porting one little lib - libskiagl.so. The main problem is, it is written for gb, and skia API changed, so it should be actually rewritten to comply both worlds - serve damn acer libcamera.so and be compatible with ics. Unfortunately I have no time and device to do so.

Edited by Lens_flare