Best ROM?

Guest 66yyhhnn66

Guest 66yyhhnn66

I've been running Infusion B06 for a few good months,and now it has become laggy/sluggish + random crashes. The battery life on this ROM is very good for me (as a side-note)

What ROM do you now recommand,in terms of smoothness and battery life?

Waiting for your responses.

Guest Rydlis

It depend on what you think is important, battery life, performance, if the rom is bugless... Some official ROM is bugless and don't drain battery/Official builds are (usually) slow, CM.... I think CM has best performance, good base Rom, but drain battery (but who said we cant use init.d tweaks to reduce it, huh? :D )

Edited by Rydlis

Guest lewispaul9

Seriously? Another pointless thread about something that can't even be decided in the end :mellow:

That's a bit irrelevant... all he did was ask a simple question, for people to reply, so he can choose from their opinions.

Guest jamie_w

One of the best roms is Stock+ (ics) by cyda for battery life, no lag etc. But for me once the few bugs have been ironed out JB is the best ( but with poor battery ).

Guest george109

CyanogenMod, 9 if you want Ice Cream Sandwich (Like the latest Huawei One, but SO much better :) )

Electra, if you want Jelly Bean. (the latest version of android) Lots of new features like Google Now, and it is also based on CM10.1 with a lot of amazing improvements. But battery is not as good.

Edited by george109

Probably Infusion B06?

Have you tried wiping the dalvik cache? its like starting with a new slate.

I have recently tried pretty much all the popular roms and they all have problems to such an extent i was considering going back to Gingerbread as its light and fast. Was on AOPK earlier today with the usual CM10 problems and now on Stock+ which is good but allready had to reboot to get wifi working again. This phone is really rubbish when it comes to rom support, probably the cheapo components used? It just does not work 100% on anything out there.

Maybe buying a proper phone would help, as they say you get what you pay for :P

Guest dakok
This phone is really rubbish when it comes to rom support

34-100221112636.gif

Are you serious?

This phone has, at least, 10 decent roms.

True, everyone of those has a different glitch or two.

Now, don`t tell me that you need everything to work 100%.

There is no such girlfriend, a car or a pet that sattisfies every expectation.

You will never find a good phone with such attitude :)

Guest kyan31

34-100221112636.gif

Are you serious?

This phone has, at least, 10 decent roms.

True, everyone of those has a different glitch or two.

Now, don`t tell me that you need everything to work 100%.

There is no such girlfriend, a car or a pet that sattisfies every expectation.

You will never find a good phone with such attitude smile.png

Don't worry, he's the kind of guy who takes things, without giving or at least contributing in return of the favour.

Guest Combat Gerbil

That's a bit irrelevant... all he did was ask a simple question, for people to reply, so he can choose from their opinions.

Not irrelevant at all... if the OP took the time to either use the search function .. as that what it's there for .. or like myself, actually looked through the forum at other such posts that already have been asked, then the they need not ask the question, which has been answered many times previously, in the first place. I think that some of the more knowledgeable members and Devs are getting fed up (and rightly so) with people just mindlessly asking the same question time and time again, without bothering to research for themselves.

Guest 66yyhhnn66

Not irrelevant at all... if the OP took the time to either use the search function .. as that what it's there for .. or like myself, actually looked through the forum at other such posts that already have been asked, then the they need not ask the question, which has been answered many times previously, in the first place. I think that some of the more knowledgeable members and Devs are getting fed up (and rightly so) with people just mindlessly asking the same question time and time again, without bothering to research for themselves.

There is a ton of information here and maybe some people don't have all the time in the world,you know.

I didn't ask anything that hard,I didn't ask to explain me how to install a new ROM or something. I just asked your opinion about the best choice of a ROM for this device. The answer is not even 10 letters long,why is it so hard for you to just type some letter? I used to know these things,but lately I didn't have that much time to spend on forums and I saw many new ROMs coming to light,which I never heard of before. I believe the reason of a "forum" includes these kind of questions too,if you don't mind. Sorry for irritating some of you with my post. Thank you for the reply,anyway,and thank you all.

I'll try to wipe dalvik cache and see how it runs then. If not,I'll try Stock+ or Slim v11.

Guest lewispaul9

If he had time to go through all this forum, he'd probably wouldn't have a life... And surely if the "more knowledgeable members" saw it was another 'pointless' post then surely they should just scroll past it... and ignore it? Instead of going into the topic to say that the topic is pointless. I think you find that makes the irrelevant post, irrelevant.

Guest bryfly

If he had time to go through all this forum, he'd probably wouldn't have a life... And surely if the "more knowledgeable members" saw it was another 'pointless' post then surely they should just scroll past it... and ignore it? Instead of going into the topic to say that the topic is pointless. I think you find that makes the irrelevant post, irrelevant.

As this question seems to get asked a lot, maybe the most informative thread about the "best rom" should be pinned making it easier to find???

Guest fr0do

If we had one stickied thread with a poll it would solve the problem.

All we need is a decent mod to do it.

Ah well

Edited by fr0do

Guest lewispaul9

As this question seems to get asked a lot, maybe the most informative thread about the "best rom" should be pinned making it easier to find???

I totally agree! But if someone cant find the thread then they're going to make there own... Should have one pinned though.

Guest kyan31
If we had one stickied thread with a poll it would solve the problem.

All we need is a decent mod to do it.

Ah well

You can't really add a poll though, as newer ROMs added to the list will always have a lower number. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Guest Redflake

Rather than jumping in. If you don't think a thread is relevant ( and who are you to say what is relevant or not) simply ignore it and it will sink to the bottom. If people ignore irrelevant posts then they will end up pages back lost for ever. Keep replying to them and they'll keep rising to the top, cluttering up the forum. It's up to you!

Guest fr0do

You can't really add a poll though, as newer ROMs added to the list will always have a lower number. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

So new thread every time it is then.

(You just killed your own argument about not having new threads right?)

Guest kyan31

So new thread every time it is then.

(You just killed your own argument about not having new threads right?)

No, it means you just don't add a poll in the first place :blink:

A list of available ROMs is fine, but adding a poll on top is unfair as I stated previously.

Guest fr0do

No, it means you just don't add a poll in the first place :blink:

A list of available ROMs is fine, but adding a poll on top is unfair as I stated previously.

Yes. Which is why you then need to ask the question. You are, yet again advocating constant new posts asking which rom is best.

I'm going to nominate you for a Darwin award soon ;)

Guest kyan31

Yes. Which is why you then need to ask the question. You are, yet again advocating constant new posts asking which rom is best.

I'm going to nominate you for a Darwin award soon wink.png

But why ask the question, don't you understand that there is no best rom? This means you don't need a poll, and you don't need unnecessary threads either. Overall, you just try out the ROM that appeals to yourself and end it at that. It's not that hard to understand.

Guest PCTechRoss

But why ask the question, don't you understand that there is no best rom? This means you don't need a poll, and you don't need unnecessary threads either. Overall, you just try out the ROM that appeals to yourself and end it at that. It's not that hard to understand.

If i had a pound for every one of these threads made, I'd be pretty rich