Best ROM?

Guest 66yyhhnn66

Guest Scylla.bx

we'd better make a comparison topic about the different rom. I'm agree with Kyan, there is no ONE best rom, but several rom with several options/mods/tweaks...

i'll try to explain:

-Make a new thread (or add element to this one --> http://www.modaco.com/topic/359033-compilationlist-romskernelsrecoverysmodstutorialsoriginal-firmware-updated-090313/ )

-Give for every rom 3 positive/negative point

-give a antutu average score.

-maybe give a average autonomie (battery)

with this few data, user can "oriented" her choice in fonction of what it search...

Guest fr0do

But why ask the question, don't you understand that there is no best rom? This means you don't need a poll, and you don't need unnecessary threads either. Overall, you just try out the ROM that appeals to yourself and end it at that. It's not that hard to understand.

OMG

Dude. Yes I agree you don't need a poll. Yes I agree opinion is subjective.

And....

Yes I agree the need for the question to be asked over and over again, for the reasons you have clearly made. Well done!

Guest kyan31
OMG

Dude. Yes I agree you don't need a poll. Yes I agree opinion is subjective.

And....

Yes I agree the need for the question to be asked over and over again, for the reasons you have clearly made. Well done!

But the question this guy asked can't actually be answered, because he asked:

"What is the best ROM?"

Rather than saying:

"What in your opinion is the best ROM"

So his question doesn't actually need to be asked at all, as he will never get a correct answer. Maybe he should rephrase and thing would make sense.

Guest 66yyhhnn66

"What is the best ROM?"

Rather than saying:

So his question doesn't actually need to be asked at all, as he will never get a correct answer. Maybe he should rephrase and thing would make sense.

C'mon,this is not a philosophy forum. You very well know what I wanted to know,and that is which ROM would run better on my G300. What's all this you're talking about? Just give an answer to what I asked or don't,it's that simple. You just can't handle being contradicted and try to find excuses to each argument against you.

Some people just answered what I really wanted,thus they understood pretty well. Excuse me this time,but the next one,I'll try to formulate a question worth of your answering.

Guest kyan31

C'mon,this is not a philosophy forum. You very well know what I wanted to know,and that is which ROM would run better on my G300. What's all this you're talking about? Just give an answer to what I asked or don't,it's that simple. You just can't handle being contradicted and try to find excuses to each argument against you.

Some people just answered what I really wanted,thus they understood pretty well. Excuse me this time,but the next one,I'll try to formulate a question worth of your answering.

I actually forgot about this whole argument, you should too. If I've hurt your feelings I'm really sorry.

Edited by kyan31

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nxkealen

i installed GR2 custom rom ( with zip file ics to gb to set rom on 2030 baseband ) it's beautiful smooth and it has long battery life . Had the device on for 1.5 days and battery now on 47 % ( used it very mutch,). And i didn't have any reboots or other issues yet . Only the kernel is not overclocked , but its not neccesairy . Best rom i had so far .

Guest yaqh

i installed GR2 custom rom ( with zip file ics to gb to set rom on 2030 baseband ) it's beautiful smooth and it has long battery life . Had the device on for 1.5 days and battery now on 47 % ( used it very mutch,). And i didn't have any reboots or other issues yet . Only the kernel is not overclocked , but its not neccesairy . Best rom i had so far .

what's gr2?

Guest nxkealen

MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

It has mutch better battery life

Guest yaqh

MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

It has mutch better battery life

can this be installed over stock with baseband patch?

Guest nxkealen

MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the

Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888)

paste and copy in your browser please. there is the download link .

Guest nxkealen

okay maybe but that rom dont have full dutch menu. can set with 2locale but not everything. Sorry i prefer the oldtimer gr2

Guest sedj
okay maybe but that rom dont have full dutch menu. can set with 2locale but not everything. Sorry i prefer the oldtimer gr2

ok shame it does not have dutch language as it is the most functional rom available

Guest pOcHa

baidu version by brunoblack is completely multilingual

Guest pOcHa

baidu is the latest ICS v.4.0.4 (stock is v4.0.3), and i don't know if it works on the GB baseband

some types of sim cards (UK 3 for sure) can't set an APN so they don't have 3G data (nobody knows why) - but there were never any network problems

Guest yaqh

Thanks all for the anwsers, I try it when i find the download link

look like the standard gb rom, i miss the p1 profiles and stock+ toggles is there anyway to get these on here?

Guest arranhs

Ok ok

If we had one stickied thread with a poll it would solve the problem.

All we need is a decent mod to do it.

Ah well

*cough cough* - is this not good enough? If you have any ways to improve it, please PLEASE tell me, i am always trying to improve this topic to help people out. Or maybe its because i'm not a mod ;)

we'd better make a comparison topic about the different rom. I'm agree with Kyan, there is no ONE best rom, but several rom with several options/mods/tweaks...

i'll try to explain:

-Make a new thread (or add element to this one --> http://www.modaco.co...updated-090313/ )

-Give for every rom 3 positive/negative point

-give a antutu average score.

-maybe give a average autonomie (battery)

with this few data, user can "oriented" her choice in fonction of what it search...

That is an excellent idea, and i would be willing to do it. However i don't have the time to analyse every ROM, so if people helped me out, it would be possible to do this. A team effort is the best way forward, it makes light work :)

"What is the best ROM?"

Rather than saying:

Ok, kyan i see your point. I will make sure to rename the polls. The polls are only there to show other people what how many people like each rom so they can get a good sense of each one. I you feel that strongly about it, and other people feel the same way, like i can see fr0do does, i will be willing to remove it. I meant no harm or anything, i just wanted to help people out :)

I have also now added a extra question asking whether you think there should be a poll on my topic. Feel free to visit and vote :)

Hope i helped :)

Edited by arranhs