LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

Guest Kamal882

Guest siddharth09

Just click on dismiss, it will stop.

while making noise it doesn't show any option.....please tell me path i mean settings-audio like this to stop

Guest Kamal882

while making noise it doesn't show any option.....please tell me path i mean settings-audio like this to stop

Have you unlocked and checked the screen ?

Guest ghpk

after upgrading my fone to jelly bean ,everything is working fine except play store app is not working.. always showing " server problem, try again"... i can only download apps from the web browser not from the play store app in fone.... how can i fix that problem???

This is a un-confirmed bug, best option to overcome this is to Remove your Google Account and re-add it manually.

If you are restoring backup using any app. like titanium or others, First Add your Google account to phone manually, then restore everything except "accounts"

this should certainly solve your issues.

If your playstore still shows Old version, keeping data or WI-FI ON, Exit playstore, and re-open it in a few minutes, it would get upgraded to latest.

Guest siddharth09

sir,sometimes screen turns on automatically and it remains on unless and until i make it off manually...this is happening since i have upgraded the phone to jelly bean....any solution on this?

Guest siddharth09

sir,

facing problems after jelly bean update

1.while charging mobile annoying sound comes and receive message battery is under current protection... need to manually dismiss it... after sometimes it again starts.

2.automatically screen turns on and remains on unless n until i make it off manually.

Guest bhupinder_singh

hello kamal sir

i have successfully upgraded to JB

no problems !! someone replyed to your post about JB's inability to use sd card as a direct storege for camera image ..

but i found that this is wrong .. u can us sd card for ur camera image storage ,,,

its working good ... only problem is with an application called RAM BOSTER .. killed apps restarts automatically dont know why ..

now m trying to root it and want to customize its ram ... for usage ... kindly suggest any aap .. which is perfect for the job

Guest Kamal882
hello kamal sir

i have successfully upgraded to JB

no problems !! someone replyed to your post about JB's inability to use sd card as a direct storege for camera image ..

but i found that this is wrong .. u can us sd card for ur camera image storage ,,,

its working good ... only problem is with an application called RAM BOSTER .. killed apps restarts automatically dont know why ..

now m trying to root it and want to customize its ram ... for usage ... kindly suggest any aap .. which is perfect for the job

you can use Greenify to hybernate unused apps.

Guest Razvan19

Hi!

I entered on the Prestigio website

And I clicked on Firmware, and I saw an update

http://www.prestigio...upport/firmware

"PAP5000DUO.20130419.V1.0.10"

And my phone firmware is : "PAP500TDUO.20130328.V1.0.22"

I need to install this update ? I asked because I could not root this phone ..

Edited by Razvan19

• 1 month later...
Guest benja298

This is the first post which provides LAVA IRIS 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

It will also work for Prestigio MultiPhone 5000 DUO

Recently LAVA Iris 501 has got Jelly Bean update. You need to visit LAVA service center for updating your handset.

Here I am giving Jelly Bean Firmware so that you can Update your handset yourself.

What's needed:

I am not running Stock ROM these days, but just wanted to Alert the Advanced users about this vulnerability.

Kamal Ji Please see if this stock ROM is Affected.

Uncovering Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Devices Vulnerable.

Says "The Bluebox Security research team"

http://goo.gl/dZr3J

Scan Your Device

http://goo.gl/zObwJ

Patch Your Device. (Details about vulnerability FIX thru Xposed Framework)

Say thanks to the Developer "Tungstwenty"

http://goo.gl/PTO1i

Guest mkumar

Hi Kamal,

First of all thanks for taking time to write this excellent post.

I am going to try the JB upgrade in next 1-2 days. Before that I would like to check on the following:

1. What's the process to take important data back-ups like address book, SMS backup etc?
  2. I have already taken apps installable backup as .apk files. But would like to check how we can restore all the associated data and settings with each app? Do we have install and reconfigure them again one by one or there is a better way to do this? For example Gmail settings and already downloaded emails.
  3. Restore system settings like WiFi accounts etc. Basically bringing the phone in the same state as it's now execpt for JB upgrade.

It will be nice if you can post these details for new users which will make this post complete in all respects.

Thanks for your time!

Guest Kamal882

You can add your contacts to your gmail account and later on you can sync them back to phone. I am always doing this.

For sms, you can use any app from play store.

I will suggest to install all apps as fresh and configure them again.

• 1 month later...
Guest drnpsingh

my dear friends however kamal give him lava iris 501 jeely been update but downloder alwayes reports broken downloads because it not resumble at all i give you a new wave site which contains this officials jelly been firmware........

http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Lava/IRIS501/

it is tested by me work like charm...... atlast say thanks to that uploder

• 1 month later...
Guest Dharesh Nagori

Hello sir....

i updated my phone to jellybean 4.1.1 and also rooted my device but nw i want to remove in-built apps which comes from by default from lava......even i also cant play subway surfer properly on my phone.....so plz give me a solution as fast as possible..........

thank you sir....

Dharesh Nagori

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally after trying many 4.2.2 ROM's I've managed to RUN 4.2.2 on Lava Iris 501, pure 4.2.2 experience,

its used as daily phone for last 10+ days and I am pretty happy about it. Solved almost all Issues I came across and no crashes are experienced.

I am using kernel 3.4.0 with it and its pretty stable, works good whole day with 90% WI-FI + 10% 3G.

ROM is stable and running smoothly and doesn't crashes even in 2-3 days of continuous run, however I am not able to try beyond that as customization or modding stuff makes me reboot the device usually every other day if not daily.

I would be happy to share it here and on XDA once I get permission from Porter who originally ported the ROM for some other device.

Will keep you guys posted and would share a link in coming weeks.

Guest Kamal882

Finally after trying many 4.2.2 ROM's I've managed to RUN 4.2.2 on Lava Iris 501, pure 4.2.2 experience,

its used as daily phone for last 10+ days and I am pretty happy about it. Solved almost all Issues I came across and no crashes are experienced.

I am using kernel 3.4.0 with it and its pretty stable, works good whole day with 90% WI-FI + 10% 3G.

ROM is stable and running smoothly and doesn't crashes even in 2-3 days of continuous run, however I am not able to try beyond that as customization or modding stuff makes me reboot the device usually every other day if not daily.

I would be happy to share it here and on XDA once I get permission from Porter who originally ported the ROM for some other device.

Will keep you guys posted and would share a link in coming weeks.

That is a good news for Iris 501 lovers. Hope to get a link from you for 4.2.2 very soon.