LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

Guest Kamal882

Lava iris 501 friends, here's a link to rom I am using for a month now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2572832

you may need to hunt for a 4.2 based kernel as on few devices this may give crashes to messaging and few other apps.

there are many compatible kernel on XDA already, search a bit, as posting kernel link is banned on xda with source.

Guest Kamal882

Lava iris 501 friends, here's a link to rom I am using for a month now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2572832

you may need to hunt for a 4.2 based kernel as on few devices this may give crashes to messaging and few other apps.

there are many compatible kernel on XDA already, search a bit, as posting kernel link is banned on xda with source.

That's a great job dear. You can post kernel here since it is not banned at Modaco.

Guest Kamal882
Guest Kamal882

I was checking screenshots, It shows signals of only one SIM. Please confirm that both SIM are working or not.

http://lufile.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/screenshoot-aink/

Thanks in advance.

Guest venganan

Yes both the sims are working. There is a option in the gravity box setting to hide one signal. You can load the latest version of both x framework and gravity box by removing the old. This rom is reallly good and the developor has released version 3 for this rom.

Also is there any sloution on the compass error / because the problem still continues.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest arnab361

hello mr kamal,

i followed ur process .

when i load the scatter file and click on software upgrade , the bar completes several times and gives the checksum error as mentioned . 

at that time i connect my iris 501 (after switching it off , removing the battery once nd again reinserting it) . nothing happens from there on . the update process does not begin. after a few seconds my phone starts charging. 

it would be very kind of you if u guided me from here .

N.B- i have installed the drivers provided by you. I am using windows 8.1 

Thanking you,

Arnab Chatterjee.

Guest Kamal882

I am sure that this is a driver problem. Drivers may not be supporting win8.1. I have tested them on win 7 and win 8, 32 bit but not tested on win 8.1.

Guest arnab361

I followed the same process again and became successful . all thank to your hard work. Now if its not a big problem , can u provide me with a valid download link for the ROM whose screenshots u just shared in your above comments?

Also try out the note3 ROM for our phn ..search for it in Google. In needrom.comcom. rely nice ui but showing problem in play store.

Thanks in advance

Guest Kamal882

Presently I donot have Iris 501 with me because I purchased Moto G. Hence can't help much in this matter. Really sorry.

• 8 months later...

This is the first post which provides LAVA IRIS 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

It will also work for Prestigio MultiPhone 5000 DUO

Recently LAVA Iris 501 has got Jelly Bean update. You need to visit LAVA service center for updating your handset.

Here I am giving Jelly Bean Firmware so that you can Update your handset yourself.

What's needed:

• USB data cable

• MediaTek USB VCOM drivers

• SP Flash Tool

• LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware
Download all files from links which are given in my post. - All Links upadated (26/04/2013)

Process:

Switch off Mobile, Remove Battery and after few seconds again insert battery (Do not switch on mobile and also do not connect USB cable at this time)

Install MediaTek USB VCOM drivers in your PC.

Open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the scatter file. It will load Firmware files. Click on Firmware Upgrade Button. It will check all files and it may give a Checksum Failed warning. Just Ignore this warning, Click on OK if warning is there and connect mobile with USB cable. It will start updating your mobile. Complete process will take around 5 minutes. Now you can enjoy with Jelly Bean.

Media Tek Driver

MT6577 USB VCOM drivers - (In case if you are not comfortable with above mentioned driver)

SP Flash Tool v3.1248.0.96

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 01

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 02

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 03

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 04

Mirror:

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 01

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 02

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 03

LAVA IRIS Jelly Bean Firmware File Part 04

Please note: This is original Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1 of IRIS 501 provided by LAVA. Nothing is modded in this Firmware.

Warning: Be careful while flashing your phone. I will be not responsible if you brick your phone.

Thanks for this help, I have been frustrated with my lava iris 501 custom roms. I just want to get back to my previous stock rom. 

I tried it flashing through sp tool but I have issue with my cable or driver, I am not sure. Can you make it flashable zip file so that I can install this through my SD card directly.

Please help it's urgent.. Thanks in advance..

• 2 months later...