Playing Ingress on the G300

Guest Torwori

Guest Torwori

I recently got my invite and got really hooked on this game. However, it's a really big resource hog.

Any recommendations for a ROM with good performance and battery life? I'm currently using CM10 R6 and getting 10-20 fps ingame with the battery lasting around 2.5 hours with conservative usage (turning off the screen whenever possible, for example).

Also, slightly off topic: Can anyone point me in the direction of the random reboot fixes?

Thanks a bunch :)

I am playing few months, almost level 7. Great game, but needs good HW and consumes battery a lot. Usually I use G300 only for hacking our portals and other not demanding situations, for real playing I take nexus 7 with G300 only as hotspot. I think it runs better on stock based roms, I have more stability issues on CM10.1 now. But I use CM10.1 because it is awesome ;)

If you mean random reboots caused by 3G, best solution now is ask huawei for official bootloader unlock code, as unofficial unlock casues these reboots. Right thread is in this section.

Guest Torwori

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't have better hardware so I have to make due with what I have. :P

After reading through some threads I think I'm going to go with Stock+ . :)

Also, I've already sent a mail to Huawei, hopefully they answer soon.

L6 E here. Enlightened or Resistance? :P

Guest oxosp

Hello, l8 enlightened here, I actually bought this phone because of ingress, two days before the event of 21th april my galaxy note broke and it was the cheapest option, like 40£ with sim lock (in switzerland). I have to big problems however, first of all the gps doesn't stop moving, any idea how to fix this? second when I fire a xmp8 in a place with alot of portals the game crashes, I fixed this by fiering from the menu and going back to the menu fast, but I can't see the damage I do :(

Guest TangerineTractor

Hello, l8 enlightened here, I actually bought this phone because of ingress, two days before the event of 21th april my galaxy note broke and it was the cheapest option, like 40£ with sim lock (in switzerland). I have to big problems however, first of all the gps doesn't stop moving, any idea how to fix this? second when I fire a xmp8 in a place with alot of portals the game crashes, I fixed this by fiering from the menu and going back to the menu fast, but I can't see the damage I do :(

Fix gps by turning off enable quick gps in setting, and try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cochibo.gpsstatus and reboot

Guest pOcHa

you should really try baidu, cause although some claim that its exceptional battery life is now not exclusive anymore, it is still the hands down best rom for games, even compared to GB, as it runs smoothly the likes of subway surfers, temple run 2, modern combat 4 and others that are otherwise unplayable

Guest Torwori

Well, I've installed it and right away it took me some time to get used to it, but now that I'm accustomed to it, it's not bad.

Baidu is definitely less zippy than Stock+ , however, it's my personal feel that the performance in Ingress is slightly higher, especially when attacking a cluster of portals.

So, it's a tradeoff: do you prefer slightly better game performance with Baidu or a slightly (noticeably) more everyday zippy Stock+.