G510 Needs Same Attention G300 Had.

Guest frazer_cooper

Guest frazer_cooper

We need this place thriving of roms and development for the g510 where are all you clever people at this phone is amazing and it needs some dev love :)

Guest KenBW2

there is alot of rom now :-) you can also use roms for y300 (mainly on spanish forum)

I for one want to join the crowds of cowards wanting to see someone with a UK G510 install one of these successfully.

There's talk of touchscreen problems. Are these relevant with the ROMs?

Guest Kra1o5

I for one want to join the crowds of cowards wanting to see someone with a UK G510 install one of these successfully.

The problem with touchscreen is for custom kernels, I dont repair this problem yet because not own one G510.

But i think the roms in huawei worldwide page is compatible for UK & Spanish model without problems.

Greetings

Guest OneB1t

i installed G510-0200 rom on my Y300-0100 no problems at all

when you have recovery and fastboot there is only very small chance to brick your device

worst case scenario is that you must reboot into recovery and flash working rom :D

Edited by OneB1t

Guest rosco-85

when you have recovery and fastboot there is only very small chance to brick your device

worst case scenario is that you must reboot into recovery and flash working rom :D

So the answer is 'yes' we can flash the International ROM for G510-200 on the Huawei Download Centre, even though our UK model is G510-100?

Guest Kra1o5

So the answer is 'yes' we can flash the International ROM for G510-200 on the Huawei Download Centre, even though our UK model is G510-100?

Sure.

Guest ozfunghi

Does that mean 720p video recording on the Y300?

Guest OneB1t

i upgraded from Y300 to G510 mainly for CPU overclock from 1.0ghz to 1.2ghz which is not working :-( any idea why its still limited to 1ghz even with G510 kernel? (i wiped all partitions just to be sure that new kernel is flashed with G510 rom)

Guest xondrax

Maybe Y300 has same cpu as G510 and there is sw brake in firmware for Y300...0,5" ,200hz and 50 pounds make difference between G510 and Y300 :)

Guest Simon O

The 1GHz MSM8225 chip used in the Y300 will be chips that weren't stable at 1.2GHz so Qualcomm will have sold them as 1GHz parts at a lower cost to the manufacturers - else they would be wasted. It probably also means that you would have to effectively overclock the chip on the Y300 to run it at 1.2 but the gains won't be worth it in my opinion.

Guest OneB1t

it will be easily stable at 1.2ghz

no need for chipselect on entry device

(there are kernels for htc desire x stable at 1.6ghz with MSM8225)

Guest ZolaIII

Tray fixing that whit Faux123 on Y300!

It's a firmware block & probably won't be solved until we have costume OC kernel!

It's nice to know that the G510 & Y300 have a same display controller!

The msm 8225 is specified to work on 1,2 - 1 GHz & it's only the manufacturer's choice to set the clock! The Soc's cpu part is capable of reaching 1,5 - 1,6 GHz bat on the other hand the gpu is pretty much OCd all ready (the 203 is actually higher clocked 200).

Guest Simon O

You might even find that the cpu in the Y300 is actually a 1.2GHz part but has been locked to run at 1GHz. It all depends on what the factory had available at the time. Either way an overclock from 1 to 1.2 isn't a huge step and can be easily done with a custom kernel.