• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ask MoDaCo: Asus FonePad

17 posts in this topic

Posted

This is the £179.99, Android 4.1, 7" WXGA (1280x800) IPS, Intel Atom Z2420 1.2 GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, microSD (!) equipped Asus FonePad. Got questions? Ask them here before our review!

We're very keen to see how the device measures up compared to it's £60 more expensive Nexus 7 3G sibling.

Released only today, the device is shipping now from Amazon UK.

fonepadnexus3g.jpg

Click here to view the item

Posted

Game performance compared to the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7? Any comparison? Or does the Nexus win hands down?

Also what is general performance like e.g. Speed of opening apps.

Have you put it to your ear and made a call yet? :P

Posted

how is the reception

Posted

can u just stick in a contract/payg sim from one of your mobiles and have it recognise the pad as a phone?

Posted

Can I have it when you get bored of it please? ;)

serious question: Have they managed to improve the houdini binary translation library so app compatibility is better? Older Intel devices are unable to use Adobe Air applications which means iPlayer doesn't work.

Posted

review please :D

Posted

can u just stick in a contract/payg sim from one of your mobiles and have it recognise the pad as a phone?

erm....yep hence the name Fonepad lol

can't understand why they didn't do the same with nexus7 though ??

Posted

erm....yep hence the name Fonepad lol

can't understand why they didn't do the same with nexus7 though ??

are you sure..some tabs won't accept phone sims as the network registers the device as a non-phone

Posted

Game performance compared to the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7? Any comparison? Or does the Nexus win hands down?

Also what is general performance like e.g. Speed of opening apps.

Have you put it to your ear and made a call yet? :P

I have, it works! :) Will definitely compare performance with my Nexus 7.

how is the reception

Seems very good!

My 3 SIM doesn't work in my N7 3G, it DOES in this!

serious question: Have they managed to improve the houdini binary translation library so app compatibility is better? Older Intel devices are unable to use Adobe Air applications which means iPlayer doesn't work.

I should try iPlayer then!

review please :D

Upcoming!

P

Posted

iPlayer works great...

P

Posted

What kind of TV out is there? if anything.. Miracast? MHL?

Do all the nexus 7 accessories fit? Is the form factor exactly the same?

Posted

the power and vol buttons are on the opposite side so i don't think that would work.

Posted

the power and vol buttons are on the opposite side so i don't think that would work.

Well that's a bit stupid and annoying! Ah well :-)

Posted

have you found any way to unlock the bootloader? and if so will development be slower than usual due to the intel chip?

Posted

you could take a N7 case and cut a few holes in the right places and then it will fit but then you have the original ones for the N7 it will get quite annoying after a while i would have thought

Posted

Excellent. Can you see if Autumn Walk works too please? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.monsterandmonster.autumnwalk

Ill try it. :)

No TV out so far as I can tell. :(

have you found any way to unlock the bootloader? and if so will development be slower than usual due to the intel chip?

Not yet, it remains to be seen if development will be slower...

P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.