[UPDATE]Play Store 4.0.27

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

The new Play store was made available a while back, but it won't be shipped to all devices for a while. Luckily the latest version is available as an APK online, so I made some flashable zips for them :)

I have created 2 variants, one normal, and one stripped. This is not multi-dpi, so if you flash this, do not change your screen density or you'll have problems. They are also universal, so it should work fine on any device. Just flash and your done.

EDIT: Added the APK's too, you can install them like normal which is probably the easier (and safer) method :)

post-969101-0-28178200-1366998408_thumb.post-969101-0-71450500-1366998410_thumb.post-969101-0-21281400-1366998414_thumb.post-969101-0-41273000-1366998412_thumb.

Play Store 4.0.72 - Flashable | 4.03 MB

Play Store 4.0.72 - Stripped - Flashable | 3.53 MB

Play Store 4.0.72 - APK | 5.89 MB

Play Store 4.0.72 - Stripped - APK | 5.29 MB

You may also wipe cache/dalvik, it doesn't hurt.

+1 if it works well, thanks.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
The new update looks a lot better, but what is the actual difference between the stripped and normal version of this?

Stripped one is a little smaller, personally I'd go with the unstripped version as its only a few KB different.

Guest Alkafer

Ok, this is weird. Since I install this market, I can't install any apk from outside the market. The "install" button doesn't work, I touch it again an again and it doesn't highlight. But I can play the "cancel" button without problem. Can anyone please try it?

See you!

Guest Prog_Drummer

Thanks for this Kyan,

When trying to install apk via adb I get error: 'INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS'. Do I have to delete the older version of play store first and then install as a system app or just as normal?

Thanks

Guest kyan31
Thanks for this Kyan,

When trying to install apk via adb I get error: 'INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS'. Do I have to delete the older version of play store first and then install as a system app or just as normal?

Thanks

You can just install it as a normal apk, you don't need adb or any system app voodoo.

Guest Alkafer
Ok, this is weird. Since I install this market, I can't install any apk from outside the market. The "install" button doesn't work, I touch it again an again and it doesn't highlight. But I can play the "cancel" button without problem. Can anyone please try it?

See you!

OK, nevermind, I reboot the phone and it works now.

This is a very nice update, useful and beauty. Thanks Kyan!

Guest kyan31

How do we install the .apk?

Thanks

Really? :ph34r:

Ok, you need to download a file explorer. Find the apk, click it, install. You may have to allow "Unknown apps" to be installed, it will prompt you if it isn't allowed so no worries.

Guest jamie_w

Really? :ph34r:

Ok, you need to download a file explorer. Find the apk, click it, install. You may have to allow "Unknown apps" to be installed, it will prompt you if it isn't allowed so no worries.

Thanks, its something ive never done before. Do i just put the play store.apk on my sd card and then install from there?

Guest george109

Kyan, on downloading an update for catlog, I have these permissions: post-1000829-13671447872829_thumb.jpgpost-1000829-13671448018043_thumb.jpg

Just wondering, Does this superuser permission come as default with the new play store?

Guest kyan31

Kyan, on downloading an update for catlog, I have these permissions: post-1000829-13671447872829_thumb.jpgpost-1000829-13671448018043_thumb.jpg

Just wondering, Does this superuser permission come as default with the new play store?

The Play Store won't grant SU permission if thats what you mean. However, if you do have root, the play store will actually tell you if an app needs root permission.

Guest hippy dave

If anyone uses a slightly naughty app called Freedom, be aware that this Play Store update stops it from doing what it's meant to do. I don't know if Freedom will be updated to work around this, but in the meantime you can revert to the older Play Store, do your thing, then upgrade again if you want to.