PLEASE HELP XOLO X900! Big Trouble!

Guest nitinmits

Guest nitinmits

Hi friends

I am in trouble today. I flashed 12 MB update today and then full 299 MB Xolo ICS update.zip.

Now my phone boot with XOLO logo and the screen is black, when i connect to PC via USB it shows the USB storage but the phones screen is black

When i try to go into recocery by pressing Start+volume down+camera button, i am unable to get into recovery also there is no droidboot icon, just XOLO logo and then black screen, no intel inside logo.

Please help me anybody, i am in big trouble.

Thanks in advance.

NITIN

Guest castellano

I have exactly the same problem ........ my screen is black .. then green and red after ....... it does not look good .... :wacko:

Guest nitinmits

Dear bluemoonrising,i have tried everything, actually i am unable to connect devices in adb mode as it says error:device not found, unable to go into recovery as screen just blank, the device connects in fastboot mode and i flashed update.zip, recovery.img, boot.img, but no success.

Guest ArcticFox

I have same issue. When i boot up it shows xolo then goes to black screen then starts going through colours.

I can't send it back because of the Xolo boot logo.

I've tried adb shell but says device not found.

*edit* Nevermind Orange are sending me a replacement today.

Edited by ArcticFox

Guest utternoob

I have same issue. When i boot up it shows xolo then goes to black screen then starts going through colours.

I can't send it back because of the Xolo boot logo.

I've tried adb shell but says device not found.

*edit* Nevermind Orange are sending me a replacement today.

How did you do so? I tried but all I got was a receipt sent in the post to have it repaired

Guest parthrox29

I have the same problem....flashed update.zip after 12mb update

Some things you might wanna know:-

1-The phone is not bricked only the display driver or something is gone....I am saying this because:-

a) I can still take screenshots...see this one below(somehow i unlocked the phone it and copied it from usb storage)

a.png

B) I connected my television with hdmi and had a brief glimpse of the lock screen

c) It vibrates when someone calls me

The problem:-The touch screen isn't working so I cannot unlock the phone while i see the display on my tv and it goes as soon as the phone locks after 15 seconds.

Any new suggestions for this particular problem?

I don't have root

Guest BlueMoonRising

When you say you flashed the update.zip, are you now on a basic Xolo install? If so can you use the tool to obtain root and then flash the alternative GPU drivers?

Guest parthrox29

I thought of that but still i have to enable usb debugging and unlock the lock screen....can't do that as the touch is not working

Any other suggestions?

I can get on to the android bot thingy by pressing volume down and camera button with power...can see that on my tv....can we do something from there?

Edited by parthrox29

Guest BlueMoonRising

If you've got the Xolo update.zip in the root of your phone you can get into recovery. Turn the phone on holding power & volume. When you see the droidboot, release your fingers and then hold power & tap volume +. You'll see a menu. Select recovery, clear the cache and then update from external storage,

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360586-boot-in-to-stock-recovery-mode-orange-sandiego-intel-az210a/

Guest parthrox29

Thanks BlueMoonRising for helping !

Solved the problem !

Things you need:-

1-Your phone whose display is flashing colors after flashing update.zip after 37mb or 12mb update

2-hdmi cable

3-a tv or display that supports hdmi

turn on your phone and connect it to the tv via hdmi cable....you will see the xolo logo on the phone and the remaining booting process will be visible on your tv!

Now the tricky part is that the touch on your phone is working but not in the right orientation ie when you see landscape on your tv, hold the phone in portrait and vice verse. you have to use your imagination and touch the screen according to what you see on the tv

Go to settings->about->advanced settings->check show pointer location...this will help you see where you are touching and adjust your gestures.

Now the final step...turn on your wifi or packet data and go to settings->about->system updates->update via ota and download the 37 mb update and install it !

Reboot and Volla!! your display is back!

Edited by parthrox29

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks BlueMoonRising for helping !

Solved the problem !

Things you need:-

1-Your phone whose display is flashing colors after flashing update.zip after 37mb or 12mb update

2-hdmi cable

3-a tv or display that supports hdmi

turn on your phone and connect it to the tv via hdmi cable....you will see the xolo logo on the phone and the remaining booting process will be visible on your tv!

Now the tricky part is that the touch on your phone is working but not in the right orientation ie when you see landscape on your tv, hold the phone in portrait and vice verse. you have to use your imagination and touch the screen according to what you see on the tv

Go to settings->about->advanced settings->check show pointer location...this will help you see where you are touching and adjust your gestures.

Now the final step...turn on your wifi or packet data and go to settings->about->system updates->update via ota and download the 37 mb update and install it !

Reboot and Volla!! your display is back!

Glad you got it sorted.

I don't have a micro hdmi cable, could you confirm that the recovery screen I mention above is viewable on the tv? It would be useful for other people in the future.

Guest parthrox29

Glad you got it sorted.

I don't have a micro hdmi cable, could you confirm that the recovery screen I mention above is viewable on the tv? It would be useful for other people in the future.

:-D

Yes! for this particular problem, everything is visible on Tv when we connect it to the phone using Hdmi !

Please note- Nothing else will work !...you can flash xolo or orange ICS, root and change the gpu driver or display ppi or flash the deodex rom....nothing worked for me....Till someone finds a way to downgrade from the 12mb/37mb update, I guess we have to live without root :-( coz you cannot keep your screen intact when to try to downgrade....so those who love root access, don't even try the 12/37 mb update!

Guest ajeeshlal

Same issue here after ICS update,Please help us to resolve as I don't have a micro hdmi cable neither HDMi Supported TV.\ any option to recover with AIO Tool

Guest BlueMoonRising

Same issue here after ICS update,Please help us to resolve as I don't have a micro hdmi cable neither HDMi Supported TV.\ any option to recover with AIO Tool

If fixbrick doesn't work from the AIO tool then try this http://www.modaco.com/topic/362277-please-help-xolo-x900-big-trouble/#entry2124028

You need the Xolo update.zip on the phones root to do it, if it's not already there then drag it across with your PC.

And stop posting the same problem on multiple threads.

Guest parthrox29

Can you get into droidboot?....more importantly can you see it? if yes then try what bluemoonrising is telling this other guy here- http://www.modaco.co...m/#entry2124420

If not, then hdmi is your only option dude...coz xolo care sucks...your phone would be gone for 15+ days...so better invest and buy the 150rs cable and use a friends hdtv to solve the problem !

And nothing else will work coz the 12mb update or the 37mb(27+12)update does something to the display drivers and when you try to remove it,it somehow messes us with the display...so you can't see a thing...So according to me the hdmi is the only option we have right now(till someone finds a way to downgrade)..even xolo care were not able to understand and solve this problem cause it's a weird one....see above comments,they replaced the rom on Nitin's phone which is unnecessary coz clearly it's a software issue not hardware ....so Ajeesh go ahead, invest 150rs on the hdmi and solve the problem the easy way.....and living with the 12mb update isn't that bad coz it fixes several compatibility issues with games and apps such as chrome(latest version), subway surfer,highway rider and others.....so you'll miss root for sure but would love the newly compatible apps

Cheers !

Edited by parthrox29

• 4 months later...
Guest sbshines

Hi friends

I am in trouble today. I flashed 12 MB update today and then full 299 MB Xolo ICS update.zip.

Now my phone boot with XOLO logo and the screen is black, when i connect to PC via USB it shows the USB storage but the phones screen is black

When i try to go into recocery by pressing Start+volume down+camera button, i am unable to get into recovery also there is no droidboot icon, just XOLO logo and then black screen, no intel inside logo.

Please help me anybody, i am in big trouble.

Thanks in advance.

NITIN

I've the same problem could some please guide :'(