Charging = awful touch screen experience?

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Hi there!

I've purchased the ZTE Blade III a couple of days ago. So far it seems to be running very well, speed isn't really much of an issue.

What bothers me though, is that the touch-screen gets VERY sluggish/unresponsive when I connect a charger to the phone.

Every time I charge it, I have to restart the phone, in order to get the touchscreen to work normally again.

Any help would be appreciated!

Greetings,

M. Angelov

EDIT:Turns out I don't have to reboot the phone in order to get the screen working normally again. I tried unplugging the charger right now and the problem seems to disappear.

I guess the main question is: faulty software, or faulty hardware?

Edited by HDVisionRedefined

Guest HDVisionRedefined

exact same for me

Are you by any chance running a custom ROM?

I'm on stock 4.0.4 and I wonder if people with custom ROMs also experience the same problem.

Guest HDVisionRedefined

With Aurora is fine for me...

Guess it's time for me to flash it, eh?

I'll look up some builds and post up here if my problem is solved.

Meanwhile; can anyone else w/ a custom ROM (other than the Aurora build) confirm the problem doesn't persist on their Blade 3s?

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Changing roms wont help.Im runing 4.1 and i still have the same problem.

Uh, that sounds bad.

I hope no damages are done to the hardware over time.

Probable cause, anyone?

A small addition; problem doesn't seem to be persisting, while charging the cellphone off a USB port

Guest popoyaya

I've had this issue with various phones when using cheap 3rd party chargers. Sometimes the screen stops responding completely while plugged in. From what I've gathered if the charger is badly made the current it supplies can be "dirty" and cause interference with the touchscreen. Try a different/official charger,

Guest Something Wierd

I've had this issue with various phones when using cheap 3rd party chargers. Sometimes the screen stops responding completely while plugged in. From what I've gathered if the charger is badly made the current it supplies can be "dirty" and cause interference with the touchscreen. Try a different/official charger,

I just tried my brothers charger and i didnt had the problem anymore.Why would zte give us a faulty charger?

Edited by Something Wierd

Guest HDVisionRedefined

The problem is persisting only on the official charger as far as I'm aware.

I just tried my brothers charger and i didnt had the problem anymore.Why would zte give us a faulty charger?

Yeah, I wonder if we can get our chargers replaced if we notify the company they're shipping bad ones.

If not - what charger does your brother use? I'm up for buying one too, if ZTE don't make a 2nd, working rev. of the current ones.

Guest Something Wierd

If not - what charger does your brother use? I'm up for buying one too, if ZTE don't make a 2nd, working rev. of the current ones.

He uses a charger for alcatel ot911. Strangely his phone works fine with my charger.

Guest Something Wierd

Isn't it just a microUSB cable ?? :D

The problem is not in the cable its in the charger.The phone works fine when charging with pc or other charger but with the official not,or at least for some.I think that this is the same as the rebooting problem some of the other blade 3's have,just not as big as it.

Im still using my cable for charging btw.

Edited by Something Wierd

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Another issue; When you're on a white/gray page you can clearly see rows of vertical pixels on the screen.

The rows are equally spaced at about 0,3cm from each other.

It's very notable when you're using the green wallpaper the phone comes with (last one from the selection).

You have to be close-ish to the screen and tilt it a little bit in order to notice it.

Am I alone on this one, or do you guys have it too?

A small clarification edit; they're dot-alike.

Guest necronomicondb

Charger provided with blade gives only 0,7A output, chargers giveing 1A output solve the problem.

Guest marink02
Another issue; When you're on a white/gray page you can clearly see rows of vertical pixels on the screen.

The rows are equally spaced at about 0,3cm from each other.

It's very notable when you're using the green wallpaper the phone comes with (last one from the selection).

You have to be close-ish to the screen and tilt it a little bit in order to notice it.

Am I alone on this one, or do you guys have it too?

A small clarification edit; they're dot-alike.

I think that is part of touch matrix,

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Charger provided with blade gives only 0,7A output, chargers giveing 1A output solve the problem.

Why doesn't the problem persist, while the phone is being charged via an USB port then?

USB outputs 500mA, which is even less than the charger's amperage, thus this doesn't make sense.

I think that is part of touch matrix,

So I'm not the only one?

Guest marink02

Why doesn't the problem persist, while the phone is being charged via an USB port then?

USB outputs 500mA, which is even less than the charger's amperage, thus this doesn't make sense.

So I'm not the only one?

Charger outputs "dirty " current that causes interference with touch screen.

Yes matrix can be seen on all devices, something similar can be seen on SE phones when turned off or on black background against sunlight.

Guest Something Wierd

Yes matrix can be seen on all devices, something similar can be seen on SE phones when turned off or on black background against sunlight.

I have a friend with xperia s and i can confirm that.

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Charger outputs "dirty " current that causes interference with touch screen.

I have a friend with xperia s and i can confirm that.

Thanks for shining some light on the "issue", I really appreciate it!

Looks like I'll need a new charger, which kinda bums me out, but other than that, the Blade III is a pretty solid phone so far.

Guest dsig

Oh yes, and I have the same problem with the Blade III when using the original charger it's been shipped with. But no problem when charging with the old one left from the Blade I, despite both chargers looking essentially the same.

Guest HDVisionRedefined

Oh yes, and I have the same problem with the Blade III when using the original charger it's been shipped with. But no problem when charging with the old one left from the Blade I, despite both chargers looking essentially the same.

Guess I should look around for a Blade I charger then. The battery recharges twice as long when connected to a PC, so yeah, having a charger is a must.

Guest dsig

Btw, my good charger says "Made in China by Dokocom" just beneath the barcode on the label. The newer and bad one is "Made in China by Ruide".

20130505_5306_.jpg