Huawei G510 Review

Guest James Norton

Guest The Soup Thief

There are reports of bad customer service with them but they mostly seem to come from a few years back - looks like they've upped their game

Guest PaulOBrien

It's not really fair to compare a UK device, that you can buy over the counter in the UK, with UK support, to a Chinese import...

P

Guest Voxpop2011

I think the argument is that, potentially, you can get a better phone by going for these 'unknown' Chinese models. The downside will be if you get a lemon or 'break' it when tinkering.

Guest Combat Gerbil

Absolutely, the rear case is a little creaky though, but Mine is now in a Tough gel type case that makes feel even more solid... and heaven forbid, adds to the weight by a few grams ;-)

Guest Sere83

It's not really fair to compare a UK device, that you can buy over the counter in the UK, with UK support, to a Chinese import...

P

Yeah for the average consumer its not really a fair comparison at all, but for the the more hardcore the Chinese options are definitely worth investigating I think, amongst the cuagmire of goons there are some reliable exporters out there too. I have a friend out there so If I do manage to get hold of a few units to sell will keep people posted.

Guest george109

I think most of these problems could be resolved with a custom ROM, as with my Huawei Ascend G300, every launcher was slow, clunky and kept having to redraw after I quitted an app. Now on Electra (CM10.1) most of the problems have gone! :)

Thanks for this informative and balanced review!

Edited by george109

Guest Andymac1969

I think most of these problems could be resolved with a custom ROM, as with my Huawei Ascend G300, every launcher was slow, clunky and kept having to redraw after I quitted an app. Now on Electra (CM10.1) most of the problems have gone! :)

Thanks for this informative and balanced review!

I got rid of my G300 in favor of the G510, trust me it's night and day different, the G510 feels better made, is a fantastic size, and the biggest bonus I have found, is having Jelly Bean out the box, everything works flawlessly, now that we have root and all the bloat has gone, I for one do not regret the move for one second, and I really really liked my G300.

I think some of the Chinese phones look fantastic value, but I just don't fancy the aggro if they go belly up, if the G510 does I just take it to the local Vodafone shop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.