Recovering 3G in the G300 of Latin America and other 850 MHz regions

Guest alkalinorap

Guest alkalinorap

Recovering 3G in the G300 of Latin America and other 850 MHz regions

Today I bring good news to those who have the G300 with the 850MHz band of Latin America, Australia, etc. They can recover in your 3G phones now!

You just have to flash the following zip in any custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) and it's valid for any ROM, either stock or custom, GB or ICS, not matter.

Download:

http://www.solidfile...m/d/558c367073/

Credits to ceansaga, to who I gave the instructions to extract the original ROM modems of the operator "Claro" and he donated it. Also to CBlike, who test it and confirm that it works, and to jsevi83 for letting me use one of his base zips.

Edited by alkalinorap

Guest mnirun

Tested and confirmed its work!

My 3G back to life after a couple months of disappeared after flash HPSA11.

Thank you very much :)

PS. My network is dtac 3G 850 Mhz HSPA, Thailand.

Screenshot_2013-05-08-07-36-29.pngScreenshot_2013-05-08-07-35-20.png

Guest mnirun

You need to download ffmpeg from http://www.ffmpeg.org/ and use below command :)

To take screenshots inside the running recovery, use adb to dump the framebuffer and then use ffmpeg to convert the raw image to a jpeg like this:

adb pull /dev/graphics/fb0

ffmpeg -vframes 1 -vcodec rawvideo -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgba -s 480x800 -i fb0 -f image2 -vcodec mjpeg "fb%02d.jpg"

Source: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1694617

Guest drdexter1989

The network Claro in my country use the 900 mhz band, I actually use TIGO in Guatemala and it uses the 850 Mhz band. Can this solve the 3g issue for 850 bands?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest highhopes

Hi guys, sorry if this is obvious but I would like to make sure... I flashed MODEM_LA.zip two weeks ago and it really saved me! However, today I noticed my IMEI was changed... Please believe me this is the reason, because I reset the phone to B952 (via UPDATE.APP) and the IMEI went back to normal. Re-rooted, Unlocked the Bootloader, Installed CWM and the IMEI was maintained. When I reflashed MODEM_LA.zip the IMEI was changed back to a different number... Is this normal? Did someone else notice the same? Thanks!

Guest highhopes

Hi guys, sorry if this is obvious but I would like to make sure... I flashed MODEM_LA.zip two weeks ago and it really saved me! However, today I noticed my IMEI was changed... Please believe me this is the reason, because I reset the phone to B952 (via UPDATE.APP) and the IMEI went back to normal. Re-rooted, Unlocked the Bootloader, Installed CWM and the IMEI was maintained. When I reflashed MODEM_LA.zip the IMEI was changed back to a different number... Is this normal? Did someone else notice the same? Thanks!

Same with the Australian one... :(

Guest highhopes

Same with the Australian one... :(

Well, I found one way to workaround this in a relatively easy (but probably risky way). I flashed the B958 available from Huawei Device Australia, backed up the IMEI (5, 10 & 11 partitions). Then I "downgraded", flashing B952 Worldwide, restored the IMEI and now I have B952 with my IMEI and 3G. Why didn't I keep B958? Because aparently it's missing the custom partition, so toggles, FM Radio and some Huawei apps were missing. I found few vendor.app for earlier builds, but none of them worked for me...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Danny Connolly

Thank you very much for this thread.

I have been looking for a fix like this for a fortnight now.

I had the same issue with my previous google phones.

850Mhz is used in OZ but not so much in Europe.

Again, much appreciated, you've saved me big time.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Live-Dimension

This has brought back Telstra 3G which uses 850mhz! However, I'm still unable to use Optus 3G which uses 900mhz! =[

I'm curious as to why 2100mhz refuses to work.

edit: Optus generally does 2100mhz in metro areas and 900mhz in regional areas which is what I'm in. This is why 2100mhz won't work. So there needs to be a 900mhz modem as well. This phone used to work on 3g 900mhz a long time ago...

edit:

Here is an modems dump from Australia ICS B958 :)

Download: MODEM_B958_VHA_signed.zip

How did you pull the dumps and compile them? I might try going through stock roms and extracting different modems until I can find one that will work for Optus.

Edited by Live-Dimension

Guest Paulzie

Australian G300 (850/2100Mhz) and G300+ (850/900/2100Mhz) ICS modems

Download>> Australian_G300_ICS_modems

Select either the G300 (U8815-51, ICS-B958) or G300+ (U8851-71, ICS-B948) file suitable for your phone and flash in CWM/TWRP recovery. These were created by extracting the modem files directly from their respective ICS update.app.

Could come in handy to Australian G300/G300+ owners.

Edited by Paulzie

• 5 months later...
Guest aashish2028

friends plz help me. i have huawei u8815 recntly i update my phone to ics 4.0.3 baseband version 2030 .now i am in india and my mobile 3g is not working .plz help me to run 3g on my mobile .and also my phone is not going to in download mode and in recovery after pressing all volume+ - with power button. my mobile is only rooted. nothing else .help me frnds . 

• 1 year later...
Guest webtex

Hello there are no files on these links above , it'sexpired .Please  give me link with g300 850/900/2100 MHz modem,  I need it very much ,my 3G doesn't work  thank you. 

• 1 year later...

pls help, after flashing this modem_la.zip file my huawei honor 4c get on and off , even i tried to factory reset it didnt work, im from philippines pls help guys :(