• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

USB storage not sticking & app corruption on B171

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll do my best to explain this. Every time I connect the USB cable to my G510 I get a popup asking how to connect to the PC. Normal behavior. Ideally I want to use Media device (MTP) as this doesn't require the internal & external sd to be unmounted but the setting isn't sticking so if you reboot the phone it will go back to the old USB storage.

There is a problem with this.. I'm finding that the phone isn't always cleanly unmounting the internal & external SD storage so quite often it's corrupting app data for any applications you have on these. Anything that is installed to android_secure is placed on the sd.

This isn't normal. If you connect with USB storage then you should be given a prompt about running apps may be terminated and it should also cleanly unmount the drives. It looks like the phone is performing a force-unmount which is causing corruption.

So has anyone else had this same problem? Anyone notice downloaded apps disappearing?

Whenever I get root I'll have to dig into this and try and find a solution. The whole way the device manages internal and external SD is wrong IMO.

Posted

I don't get any warning about the SD card being unmounted, but I haven't noticed any downloaded apps going missing, I did have problems getting the icon for Super SU, but I think that is more to do with a problem with the APP

Posted

I'll do my best to explain this. Every time I connect the USB cable to my G510 I get a popup asking how to connect to the PC. Normal behavior. Ideally I want to use Media device (MTP) as this doesn't require the internal & external sd to be unmounted but the setting isn't sticking so if you reboot the phone it will go back to the old USB storage.

There is a problem with this.. I'm finding that the phone isn't always cleanly unmounting the internal & external SD storage so quite often it's corrupting app data for any applications you have on these. Anything that is installed to android_secure is placed on the sd.

This isn't normal. If you connect with USB storage then you should be given a prompt about running apps may be terminated and it should also cleanly unmount the drives. It looks like the phone is performing a force-unmount which is causing corruption.

So has anyone else had this same problem? Anyone notice downloaded apps disappearing?

Yes, I've had a few disappear, and now that you mention it, it happened after connecting to the computer. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but you're right, there is something not quite right about how it does it.

Posted

Has anyone got any further with this at all??.. it's bloody annoying...

Posted (edited)

I had a problem when i changed to new SD card a 3 or 4 aps disappeared bat that happened only once!

Af corse i replicated contains from old one!

Edited by ZolaIII

Posted

Whenever I reboot my calendar widget disappears and the tasker icon is moved to a new screen which is added. Very strange and annoying.