[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest rickywyatt

Sorry to be pedantic, but should this read 'please run this backup program if you have not used the AIO Tool before'?

I'm sorry about the typos but I have got dyslexia lol

Guest bazza1603

Within your apps drawer.

I am really sorry to pester....Whats the app drawer? I have hunted high and low for the option and ahve used search....

Guest BlueMoonRising

I am really sorry to pester....Whats the app drawer? I have hunted high and low for the option and ahve used search....

You are winding me up, right?

Guest bazza1603

I am looking for

"BOTH boxes in adb on the phone checked"

I just cant find this?

I cant get teh AIO tool to run for Daemon message. It doesnot progress so I can root it.I have tried moving the Update download onto the root of the card and running the update directly from the phone.Which ever way I try it, I just cant get orange ICS back again.

Edited by bazza1603

Guest freebiestuff

ricky i have downloaded all the files from new tool and all seems well in terms of zips but the system folder has changed again to system2 and does not have the files stated in manual i.e app,bin,etc,fonts,framework,lib,lost-found,media,tts,usr,xbin,build.prop. I just dont want to go ahead with the flash and if does not work then i will have to work all the way back to xolo ics :(, unless you think its okay to go ahead and do it. I am worried coz as i remember one of the error also had build.prop so if i am unable to see it in the system folder then it might not work while installation? thanks :)

Having the same problems here, Orange ICS to XOLO ICS a few days ago, bricked. A couple of hours reading and sorting, back up and running only to use the first version of flibblesans mods integrated into the tool (with the typos etc,) bricked again, flashing screen etc. A couple more hours stressing and back up and running of sorts, getting hot, hot, hot, gallery synced with Picasa even though the setting was Off, movies kept crashing the phone, battery completely discharged while the phone was idle etc. Tried to brickfix only to brick it again.

Now I'm back on a fresh, stable install of Xolo ICS (brickfixed) and want to go back to Orange ICS. I've deleted San Diego in C:\, reinstalled the latest version, the System folder was there when I downloaded, downloaded fresh copies of 1-5 again, now the System folder has disappeared and the Dump.zip is sitting within the \San Diego\tools folder (also have the System2 folder.)

You guys are doing a great job on the hoof, but this is too much for my nerves, anyone want to point me back to Orange ICS and I'll just remove the bloat I don't want manually. ;)

freebiestuff

Edited by freebiestuff

Guest rickywyatt

ok if you download the dump.zip then make a folder called system in c:\sandiego\tools then extract the dump folder to c:\sandiego\tools\system so it looks like this c:\sandiego\tools\system

app

bin

core

etc

framework

not c:\sandiego\tools\system\dump

app

bin

core

etc

framework

then continue to use the tool

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I am looking for

"BOTH boxes in adb on the phone checked"

I just cant find this?

I cant get teh AIO tool to run for Daemon message. It doesnot progress so I can root it.I have tried moving the Update download onto the root of the card and running the update directly from the phone.Which ever way I try it, I just cant get orange ICS back again.

This sounds like the problem I was having, which turned out to be that I didn't have the Intel drivers installed on my PC. Once you have these drivers installed, running Ricky's tool will install an app called 'adbd insecure' on your phone. You access this just like any other app. Go to wherever you go to launch your apps and it should be there. If it is not, chances are either that your Intel drivers are not installed on your phone or your phone is not rooted yet. The first time you launch the app it will ask for superuser permission (which requires root). You then exit the app. Launch the app again and you will be presented with the two tick boxes Ricky refers to, which you must tick and exit the app.

Intel drivers can be downloaded from http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-android-device-usb-driver/

If that doesn't work then the problem is beyond my experience/comprehension.

Guest #XouOnlyLiveOnce

i am getting error when i initiate the deodex xolo ics cmd

QqRTf.png

after that my device goes into bootloops. everytime.

There is no "xolodx" folder nor the downloaded "deodex-xolo.7z" file.. what do.

Guest bazza1603

This sounds like the problem I was having, which turned out to be that I didn't have the Intel drivers installed on my PC. Once you have these drivers installed, running Ricky's tool will install an app called 'adbd insecure' on your phone. You access this just like any other app. Go to wherever you go to launch your apps and it should be there. If it is not, chances are either that your Intel drivers are not installed on your phone or your phone is not rooted yet. The first time you launch the app it will ask for superuser permission (which requires root). You then exit the app. Launch the app again and you will be presented with the two tick boxes Ricky refers to, which you must tick and exit the app.

Intel drivers can be downloaded from http://software.inte...ice-usb-driver/

If that doesn't work then the problem is beyond my experience/comprehension.

Thank you so much... Interl drivers were the issue

Guest Biohead

I see someone's already mentioned when going back to Orange ICS, there's an issue with the dump not being unpacked in the system folder.

I've found another one too. Managed to find out where its going wrong:

adb shell rm -r system/app/*[/CODE]

When going through it step by step it gives the error: "service name too long"

I've ended up removing the entire app folder, then creating a new empty one.

Guest Biohead

Windows 7. I do all my work in a clean install as I run OS X. Load up a fresh Win7 VM from my saved image, do what I need, then trash it when all work is done. Partially why I go the 7zip error yesterday, as I don't have 7zip installed on the clean image.

Guest #XouOnlyLiveOnce

i am getting error when i initiate the deodex xolo ics cmd

QqRTf.png

after that my device goes into bootloops. everytime.

There is no "xolodx" folder nor the downloaded "deodex-xolo.7z" file.. what do.

sorry for the double-post, but some help with this?

Guest mickael

Go to :

C:/SanDiego/tools and make folder xolodx and put app and framework folder inside .

But don't put like me the first time system folder ^^

Edited by mickael

Guest utternoob

Hi, got the tool running. It said success, it rebooted and I checked the app draw, but no SU. What's going on?

Edit: Got an operation not permitted for some reason as well

Edited by utternoob

Guest #XouOnlyLiveOnce

Go to :

C:/SanDiego/tools and make folder xolodx and put app and framework folder inside .

But don't put like me the first time system folder ^^

HAH, i was about to edit my post, i did exactly what you have just said, extracted the stuff inside zip file into xolodx and it worked, thanks anyway have an upboat.

but just one thing ricky, can you please fix this, so guys like me wont get stuck into situation like this in future..

Guest rickywyatt

new tool on why that should fix

• deodex for 64bit and 32bit
  • fixed the downloader so should work on 64bit as i'v now move 64 7z.exe to move C:\SanDiego\tools\7zip\64\7z.exe and added 7z.dll
  • from now on the alo tool will not remove the system/app it will only remove the .odex part
  • and lots more fixes
  • backup now saves deodex orange and xolo
  • With Brick fixer you no longer have to kill adb :)
  • auto aio script witch will flash, root deodex, debrand, init.d & change logo for xolo

Guest rickywyatt

it was hard getting the aio-auto xolo script to work but got there in the end :)

with the xolo auto script it will first flash to stock

then

root

install init.d

deodex

debrand

flash stock Intel logo

and enable sdcard

and then swap them

all in one script to make it easy for beginners

hope you all like it :)

Guest DaveSimonH

I was going to avoid rooting the phone, for a while at least (maybe to end of 1yr warranty), but I'm very tempted to root basically to enable the SD card slot and get some extra space.

Am I reading correctly though, that only one "USB Storage" can be enabled at a time? So if I stuck in a 16GB or 32GB card, I'd have to swap between it and the 10.7GB memory? Or can they all be enabled at once, ie. with 1.97GB internal and 2x USB Storage?