[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest ColdEmbrace

Nope because I installed the update prior to downloading the AIO Tool. In my haste to set my new phone up I accepted the update without thinking about it.

Guest ColdEmbrace

can you get into fastboot if you can I can help

Would this be the droidboot option when I press power and volume down?

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest topcat07

Before I start with this tool is there anyway I can make a 'out of the box image' which I could easily restore to should anything go wrong? Or anything else I could do to be 'safe' as possible..

Guest rickywyatt

yep once in that plug into pc and then goto c:\sandiego\tools\ and run command prompt type fastboot -i 0x8087 recovery c:\sandiego\tools\downgrade\recovery.img

then

fastboot -i 0x8087 boot c:\sandiego\tools\downgrade\boot.img

Guest ColdEmbrace

Okay the first command did nothing except bring up the syntax of the command so I am assuming something is wrong :( Not my night at all. I thank you for your patience with this.

Btw I am running Windows 8 installed the drivers in compatibility mode and am running command prompt as admin

The syntax was wrong adding flash before recovery and boot made it work.

But I see no difference my phone boots as normal with all my apps etc still installed. Did I need to do something else now?

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest ColdEmbrace

Okay sorted everything but now im running Xolo ICS I'd rather be running Orange ICS incase I need to take it back. I tried downloading and installing the Orange ICS Option 2. This has installed Xolo has the system downloaded the wrong file?

Guest DaveSimonH

Does putting the orange 277MB update.zip file in the folder;

C:\SanDiego\tools\bricked

mean that running the "Fix Brick" would restore the phone to the Orange ICS? If so would that be suitable solution for ColdEmbrace ^^^?

Guest BlueMoonRising

mean that running the "Fix Brick" would restore the phone to the Orange ICS? If so would that be suitable solution for ColdEmbrace ^^^?

Don't think so, the Orange ICS was basically a file patch rather than the full zip that Xolo put out for USB install.

Guest topcat07

Would this be correct order before i crack on : enable debugging > root > install adbd unsecure.apk > give it super user rights >enable init.d >

open the adbd unsecure > adb hack >enable sdcard > enable mass storage > swap sdcards > enable both sd card

not sure what deodex does or where that would come in??

Guest ColdEmbrace

Nice thought but i've tried manually installing the Orange ICS file this just results in a boot loop which is then fixed by installing the Xolo file.

Is there anyway of going from a working Xolo to the Orange ICS?

Guest ColdEmbrace

1473 KB/s (312354 bytes in 0.207s)

/sbin/sh: pm: not found

Then everything else fails out. I have adbd installed and running as SU still getting nowhere :(

Guest ColdEmbrace

mkdir failed for system/etc/init.d, Read-only file system

push: C:\SanDiego\tools\system2/bin/run-parts -> /system/bin/run-parts

failed to copy 'C:\SanDiego\tools\system2/bin/run-parts' to '/system/bin/run-parts': Read-only file system

Unable to chmod /system/etc/init.d: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/etc/init.d/*: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/bin/run-parts: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/xbin/adbd: No such file or directory

Press any key to continue . . .

I feel so bad for you guys me having so many issues :(

EDIT:

So I ran the Init.d installation option from the san diego file it all went well, this meant when I next ran the Orange AIO it sent the files too my phone, after reboot the phone bootlooped again.

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Guest ColdEmbrace

Option 2. As long as you have latest tool

Everytime I install option 2 my phone gets stuck into a bootloop, I've redownloaded the files about 5 times.

EDIT:

The installation boots me into Android System Recovery and tells me the installation was aborted due to various reasons (status 7)

Edited by ColdEmbrace

Hi all,

i had my OSD rooted, and then updated with the latest OTA update that came out a few days back. This made me loose root access of course.

so i tried using the latest version of the AIO tool updated 15 Jan 2013 to re-root, but after i hit "restore" on the phone's screen, the phone reboots, and asks me to overwrite /system/xbin/su, but i cannot type anything!

Has anyone experienced the same thing? did i do anything wrong? is there a way to root with the latest update?

Here is all what i see:

New Rooting Your Phone

Press any key to continue . . .

Pushing busybox....

3754 KB/s (1085140 bytes in 0.282s)

Pushing su binary ....

2969 KB/s (23755 bytes in 0.007s)

Pushing Superuser app

3756 KB/s (1468798 bytes in 0.381s)

Making busybox runable ...

Now unlock your device and confirm the restore operation.

Please look at your device and click RESTORE!

If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever.

Running ...

Successful, going to reboot your device!

Waiting for device to show up again....

mount: Operation not permitted

mv: overwrite '/system/xbin/su'?

Guest utternoob

Everytime I install option too my phone gets stuck into a bootloop, I've redownloaded the files about 5 times.

EDIT:

The installation boots me into Android System Recovery and tells me the installation was aborted due to various reasons (status 7)

Try the auto script in C:/SanDiego

Guest ColdEmbrace

Try the auto script in C:/SanDiego

I've tried this.

This results in a bootloop as well.

I have drawn 3 conclusions.

From what I think it may be

A. The version of the orange ICS is different from the one that came on my phone as stock

B.The version of orange ICS is corrupted even at dropbox can someone maybe try and see if this is the case?

C. I'm still doing something wrong but I've followed every step even managed to get ones that previously werent working to work. (Could this be a Windows 8 issue?)

Edited by ColdEmbrace