[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

ok are you using orange, xolo did you upgrade over ota

yes XOLO, i did update that 27MB 2 months back. should i roll back ? I think thats the issue. !

Also, Im taking backup with ur AIO right now, will that help me restore my apps when I roll back to ICS update.zip ?

Edited by steelx

Guest BlueMoonRising

yes XOLO, i did update that 27MB 2 months back. should i roll back ? I think thats the issue. !

Also, Im taking backup with ur AIO right now, will that help me restore my apps when I roll back to ICS update.zip ?

Ahh, you do need to "downgrade" in order to root. I wouldn't worry about your apps right now, they should be fine anyway. You really do need to read the manual and flick through these posts before using the tool. It'll stop you making the same mistakes as all those before you. Edited by BlueMoonRising

Ahh, you do need to "downgrade" in order to root. I wouldn't worry about your apps right now, they should be fine anyway. You really do need to read the manual and flick through these posts before using the tool. It'll stop you making the same mistakes as all those before you.

ok im reading manual.rar

can u point me the page, in case.

also.

i read the manual.

(q2) why dose the aio to say "remount not permitted"

(a2) did you give adbd unsecure root access and tick both boxes then remove USB then plug back in and wait 1 minute

but thats all i found about my problem. and downgrade option doesnt work.

Edited by steelx

Guest rickywyatt

adbd won't work if your not rooted your best option is to copy the xolo update.zip 299mb to your root of your sdcard then go to setting about phone » system update » update from usb storage

adbd won't work if your not rooted your best option is to copy the xolo update.zip 299mb to your root of your sdcard then go to setting about phone » system update » update from usb storage

thanks, I did that :) im rooted again now.

Edited by steelx

Guest grizzlyflea

Hey Ricky. Did you manage to add those kernel changes that allow for USB OTG? I'd really appreciate it if you managed to integrate it into the AIO tool :)

Guest rickywyatt

Hey Ricky. Did you manage to add those kernel changes that allow for USB OTG? I'd really appreciate it if you managed to integrate it into the AIO tool :)

I think iv done it but Im waiting for my otg cable to come but if you wait to try it you have to copy a file to system/etc/init.d with a root explorer

hi guys i cannot for the life of me flash over to orange ics every single time i get asfar as the blue droid with the thing in his tummy then it errors out and aborts leaving me to fixbrick

Guest topcat07

Would it be safe to flash the orange logo after rooting , dedoxing , flashing ICS xolo just realised I have a dead pixel and light sensor does not work :'(

Guest utternoob

It'll need the entire ROM flashing. Guys at Orange HQ will do anything to get away with not fixing it. Flash Orange ICS using this tool and then send it back

Guest BlueMoonRising

Would it be safe to flash the orange logo after rooting , dedoxing , flashing ICS xolo just realised I have a dead pixel and light sensor does not work :'(

Yes, that'll be fine.

Edit :- only saw utternoobs answer after the fact and he does have a point.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

hi guys i cannot for the life of me flash over to orange ics every single time i get asfar as the blue droid with the thing in his tummy then it errors out and aborts leaving me to fixbrick

Same questions as before(multiple times :( ) have you installed the OTA Xolo update? If so downgrade first. If not you do have to flash the Orange logo first before flashing Orange ICS.

Ahhh... I appear to have hit a snag.

Tried deodexing Xolo ICS, after reboot, got stuck at the logo screen.

Fix Brick - success - root - success

Following advice on here I manually created C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx (setup did not do it itself, I'm on XP also) and unzipped the xolodeodex zip into resulting in the the app and framework folders.

Tried deodex - files appear to be pushed to phone

reboot

Hangs at logo screen

But this time when I attempt fix brick I get "please wait while tool pushes the update to your phone" followed, after a lengthy wait by "<waiting for device>"

Slight panic.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ahhh... I appear to have hit a snag.

Tried deodexing Xolo ICS, after reboot, got stuck at the logo screen.

Fix Brick - success - root - success

Following advice on here I manually created C:\SanDiego\tools\xolodx (setup did not do it itself, I'm on XP also) and unzipped the xolodeodex zip into resulting in the the app and framework folders.

Tried deodex - files appear to be pushed to phone

reboot

Hangs at logo screen

But this time when I attempt fix brick I get "please wait while tool pushes the update to your phone" followed, after a lengthy wait by "<waiting for device>"

Slight panic.

check with task manager how many instances of adb you've got running, there should only be 1.

Okay, got it.

Tried booting into Droidboot and Tool was not seeing phone at all.

Ordinary boot

Hangs at logo

Fix Brick from tool

It does the same, "sending files..." followed by "device not found"

At that point, rebooting into Droidboot gets the phone recognised by AIO tool and the files sent.

Normal flash from there.

Right, slightly dubious about trying deodex again. Does AIO Tool create a log file?

I'm curious as to what's going wrong with the deodex process... Hate things like this getting away from me.

Edit:- (Isn't it always the way?) I ran deodex again, without having done anything to the 'phone except rooting and it appears to have worked this time. This is about the tenth attempt BTW. Not sure what the issue has been.

Edited by Horsa

Yeah... When it works it works very well. :)

All done now, just curious what the issue was. I suspect something on the phone as opposed to something in the tool setup.

Anyway, sorted.

Thanks again for all your work on this Ricky.

Guest BlueMoonRising

@Horsa, did I see you saying you're using XP somewhere? XP users seem to be having problems with the tool at least in setup. Perhaps time to upgrade? :)

@Horsa, did I see you saying you're using XP somewhere? XP users seem to be having problems with the tool at least in setup. Perhaps time to upgrade? :)

XP exists on a Government surplus tablet computer that I've had lying in the attic for years. Was going to turn it into a car computer but never got around to it.

Ricky's tool is the first time I've had any use for Windows since XP was in vogue.

Think I have everything done now anyway!