[ROM][JB][4.2.2]AOKP 20/5/13

Guest telonius

Guest telonius

aokp-rom.png

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

More info: http://aokp.co/about/

Bugs:

Nope?

Credits:

Dazzozo for the initial device tree.

Install Instructions:

1. Boot into CWMR.
  2. Wipe data/factory reset.
  3. Install zip.
  4. Reboot.

Changelog:

20/05/2013: Revert RAM changes on kernel. Merged latest commits.

13/05/2013: Fixed VOIP output. Latest Viber version works fine now.

08/05/2013: Initial Release

Download:

aokp_u8815_unofficial_2013-05-19.zip - 145.57 MB

Gapps

Njoy!

Edited by telonius

Guest telonius

OH MY GOD!!! Thank you so much for this!

Do I need gapps?

Yes gapps not included. You can get gapps from here http://download.jramirez.com.es/files/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

What's updated in today's aokp build?

Thanks for both.

Here is whats merged http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged+branch:jb-mr1,n,z . I'll try and update it on a weekly base.

Super!! Can we get a few screenshots? And how is the RAM usage here?

Ram usages is similar to CM10.1. About screenshots this is similar to CyanogenMod with some UI tweaks.

Guest hippy dave

Thanks. In case you didn't see my suggestion in the other thread, it would be great if you could add some overclocking frequencies to the kernel :)

Guest Tentmaster

Installed, but cannot be heard by person I am calling. :(

Edit, Re-installed. Still the other side cannot hear me. Went back to AOKP and all is well.

Edited by Tentmaster

Guest telonius

Installed, but cannot be heard by person I am calling. :(

Edit, Re-installed. Still the other side cannot hear me. Went back to AOKP and all is well.

Confirmed! Link down until i get this sorted.

Guest crawlingcity

Hey guys, since this is the new thing and an active thread, will this be as fast as cm9/10 ? I'm noticing a lot of lag in cm10.1 based roms.

Anyway, I really hope he (OP) can fix everything or i'll try it myself.

Edited by crawlingcity

Guest hippy dave

Seems very slick so far, no lag in general use. Laggier for intensive games than ICS, but that's expected for JB roms sadly.

Guest telonius

Remove PAC-man rom from this post. There is no need to have two threads of the same ROM. So this is only for AOKP 4.2.2.

Guest yoiyo

working ok

there any overclocked kernel that can be installed in this ROM??

thank´s you

Edited by yoiyo

Guest TangerineTractor
Really Nice ROM, no issues found apart from laggy camera but I installed Miui camera instead.

Same for me. Definitely the best 4.2 ROM I've tried.

Guest Northstandhero

Can anyone tell me where the launcher settings are in this Rom? had a good look through , but can't find them, Also can anyone suggest a good Clock/weather widget, tried the BZweather one but it doesn't update.

cheers

Guest hippy dave
Can anyone tell me where the launcher settings are in this Rom? had a good look through , but can't find them, Also can anyone suggest a good Clock/weather widget, tried the BZweather one but it doesn't update.

cheers

It's quite a plain launcher, if you want more settings try installing another launcher like Nova.