[ROM][JB][4.2.2]AOKP 20/5/13

Guest telonius

Guest TangerineTractor

Shame this rom seems to be getting ignored... by far the slickest and most stable 422 rom I've tried... if I wasn't getting bootloader related reboots it would be my keeper.

Guest TangerineTractor
P4 (Play) in Poland. Bootloader unlocked by official code, 2030 baseband.

Try wiping and reflashing again.

Guest lejkabasz

Didn't help. 1 of 10 attempts work, but mostly stay only on Edge, even if all 2g is uncheck. If gonna be new releases I will try cuz like it for stability and very nice memory tweaks. Gd job dev!

Guest Paulzie

Didn't help. 1 of 10 attempts work, but mostly stay only on Edge, even if all 2g is uncheck. If gonna be new releases I will try cuz like it for stability and very nice memory tweaks. Gd job dev!

Same 2G<->3G switching prob for me. Disabling, then enabling the data network gets me back into 3G mode. As an aside, with a 1229Mhz overclock I got a Antutu score of 4161 (no SD access), or about 200pts more than with an ICS ROM. Impressive. Hope this ROM gets more updates.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plewis1981

Hi telonius I flashed the latest build last night and found that all opp photos are saved in landscape mode even if the phone is in portrait when the picture is taken. Its only a small bug I know but I need to use my camera every day for work

• 3 weeks later...
Guest plewis1981

internal SD suddenly disappears

same as on cm10.1

any solution?

thx

Check out the CM10.1 thread I think there was a solution posted yesterday.

Guest TangerineTractor

The phone is slow anyway. Deal with it.

Actually, the phone isn't slow at all. With the right rom and the right settings, it actually is pretty fast. There are huge differences between the performance of different roms, and there seems to be differences between devices too. What runs quickly on one g300 doesn't on another. AOKP was ok for me, but not as fast as some. Other ROMS that people say are quick are much slower on my device. You can't generalise.

Guest kyan31

Actually, the phone isn't slow at all. With the right rom and the right settings, it actually is pretty fast. There are huge differences between the performance of different roms, and there seems to be differences between devices too. What runs quickly on one g300 doesn't on another. AOKP was ok for me, but not as fast as some. Other ROMS that people say are quick are much slower on my device. You can't generalise.

All 3rd party ROMs here are slow, its not anyone's fault, but without proper sources its a fact. You've probably been away from Gingerbread so long that you forgot how fast your phone actually is.

Guest kyan31
this ROM is toooooooooooooooooooooo slow, or i did something wrong

Have some manners dude, this ROM is free. You could at least say thanks before adding your non-constructive feedback.

Guest noobi

It may have flashes of brilliance, and run smoothly for a bit. However, none of them, in my opinion, are stable enough to make the phone really that much better. GB ROMs are fairly quick, but you lose a bit of functionality.

I don't expect the phone to run like a Nexus 4, or a GS2. The performance is actually not far off of other devices with comparable specs. Most of the custom stuff, which I greatly appreciate, on here is definitely better than the fc'ing stock garbage that came with the phone.

I'm not getting the violin out here, just that some people seem to think that one good ROM will make this budget phone into a really quick multi tasking monster. It's just not going to happen.

When people post, "OMG guys, this ROM is sooooooo slow". I think they're being a whining child. That really is all the're doing.

Guest jugoslav

Can u explain in detail what u did with your rom

(zips, build.props, kernels, tweaks, mods, themes, init.ds, engines, scripts, zipaligns, zrams and who knows what else)

is there any post to explain to us mortals a few things about that, just what to do, not how it works?

Guest jugoslav

SORRY telonius for my stupidity

this is not for me, i have spent 5 whole days, a few hours of sleeping and did nothing

going back to B952 or original B886

thanks to all repliers and developers

good luck

cheers