[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest wazzaworld
New release is up. Bluetooth is fixed.

Njoy.

Top notch! Working like a charm now. Thanks a million :-) .

Ps. For those of you posting about random reboots I can confirm that officially unlocking the bootloader will sort this issue. Well, it did for me anyway! Search the forum for g300 official unlock (as I don't have the link to hand sorry).

Guest wazzaworld

I have v7.0 installed . But I have problem with lags after waking the phone. It was unusable until i changed CPU freq to higher one, now usage is limited but I can do something (but it is extremly slow). Unfortunately, I dont have any logs so far. I will update to 7,8 and post logs if bug will occur again.

Grab an app from play store to monitor what's using the CPU. Something like Watchdog Lite or Usage Timelines Free. They'll show you what's hogging your processor and causing lags. Watchdog can also alert you for apps using X amount of cpu.

In my experience android system uses a fair bit of CPU on initial boot but after that this ROM idles nicely - even with Google sync plus my email (k-9).

Watch out for the Facebook app and also stock email with exchange sync. These killed my phone so are now removed. I use mobile browser for Facebook and Enhanced Email for exchange and have no day to day CPU issues. Best ROM I've used so I'm sticking with it!

Guest mandgeo

yeah..and maybe http://huaweig300.com/ should be closed. i followed their guide and all i got was a bad bootloader and now a zero imei.

if i've flashed stock rom, the bootloader is officialy locked back? maybe if i solve the problem with the imei, i can get a correct product id and unlock the bootloader officialy..

Guest mr_mufy

HI.

I try this rom yesterday, and still with it.

But i have some minor isues, that i need to resolve.

1- How can i unistall the launcher nova and replace her with the nova prime? I also try unistall with the root unistall but can install the prime because an error.

2- This rom has call recorder? If not can some indicate the best program for those?

3- When i reboot my phone, i always received a message that i already can safetly remove my SD card.??? What a hell, i don't tell him to desmount!!!

Guest Keshavkrs

HI.

1- How can i unistall the launcher nova and replace her with the nova prime? I also try unistall with the root unistall but can install the prime because an error.

2- This rom has call recorder? If not can some indicate the best program for those?

3- When i reboot my phone, i always received a message that i already can safetly remove my SD card.??? What a hell, i don't tell him to desmount!!!

1. install any other launcher first apart from nova....then using a root file manager delete nova file from system/app..

then install nova prime ....

then delete the other launcher if you want to...

2. search call recorder in play store...usually the first one on the list is best ....other read some comments.....

3.no that never happened to me on any version of slim bean.... so try to reinstall...

BTW I use solid explorer....good luck....

Guest Keshavkrs

HI.

Guest mr_mufy

1. install any other launcher first apart from nova....then using a root file manager delete nova file from system/app..

then install nova prime ....

then delete the other launcher if you want to...

2. search call recorder in play store...usually the first one on the list is best ....other read some comments.....

3.no that never happened to me on any version of slim bean.... so try to reinstall...

BTW I use solid explorer....good luck....

Hi. Tks for ur replay.

1- I do exactlly like u said, and didn't work, that's way i need help from the people.

2- I now about about that programs, what i'm asking it's about 2-ways kernel, if so a great program that record the other side people in the best quality, because the programs i use, record the other person to low.

3- I'm using to the solid explorer, since thay 1, I come from rom ([CM-10.1] [R4] By Joestone), maybe that it's the problem....

Guest Keshavkrs

Hi. Tks for ur replay.

1- I do exactlly like u said, and didn't work, that's way i need help from the people.

2- I now about about that programs, what i'm asking it's about 2-ways kernel, if so a great program that record the other side people in the best quality, because the programs i use, record the other person to low.

3- I'm using to the solid explorer, since thay 1, I come from rom ([CM-10.1] [R4] By Joestone), maybe that it's the problem....

I use the launcher technique on almost every ROM and it work instantly or after a reboot but it works not sure what's with your device..:)

Guest telonius

Hello. New weekly is up. Check the first post for the changelog.

This is the final release. Slimbean is moving to 4.3 and i have moved to a new cell phone.

I now got the LG Optimus 4X. I thought it was a bargain at it's current price but unfortunately i got quite dissapointed with it's battery life and camera auto focus issues.

Anyway, it was a fun ride here hope you also liked it.

Best regards! :)

Guest OmnioPT

Can anyone please tell, how to install the gapps, after slimblean being installed? I have baseband 2030, is it compatible?

Just flash the zip file after you flash the rom.

Guest vegadrc

telonius,

This is by far the best rom I have tried on the G300 and it will be a sad loss not to have your input on it.

I was looking forward to see what you made of 4.3 as time went on.

Hopefully you will change your mind in the future.

Thanks for all your hard work you have done for us.

Cheers.

Guest plewis1981

Hi telonius, I know you have said that your work on the g300 is now finished :( but there is still a problem with an app called TVCatchup still freezes before the program starts. I have made a log but when I was making the log I pressed retry so the errors have been produced twice,

2013-08-04-22-26-56.txt

Edited by plewis1981

Guest smweb

This is the final release. Slimbean is moving to 4.3 and i have moved to a new cell phone.

I now got the LG Optimus 4X. I thought it was a bargain at it's current price but unfortunately i got quite dissapointed with it's battery life and camera auto focus issues.

Congratz on your purchase. You did a great job here! :)

Guest mattia107

Thank you for this fantastic rom & for your hard work. Good luck with your new phone!