Guest telonius

Guest Megasp

I do

Install Instructions:

1. Boot into CWMR.
  2. Wipe data/factory reset.
  3. Install zip.
  4. Reboot.

But dint work for me just stuck on hauwei logo.I do again factory data,fix perminision reset but nothing

Guest dragonwinglet

Yes, sometimes I have this issue too, however after a few seconds it wears off and everything is OK. I might do a log or two to see what the problem is.

I have the same issue as you. I was not able to find out why, but build 8 is slow on my phone. Plus there is freez after waking the phone (I am not using lockscreen). Big apps are extremely slow.

In build 7, I had only (diferent, not so bad) freez after waking up phone.

I have found a workaround - using boot.img from build 7. Phone is fast, and never freez. But it has one problem, Iam working on it now - Wifi does not work.

I am to so familiar with compiling kernel for phone - but (I think) - if wifi was compiled into the kernel in build 8 and as module in kernel from build 7, kernel from build 7 is expecting wifi module. And module is not there because it is not in version 8 ofcourse. But I am not sure about this. Maybe someone could help me out? How about from retired developer? That would be the fastest. :)

----

EDIT:

I was able to make wifi working. Since I do not know (and I was not able to find out) where is (or what is the name of) missing/broken wifi component, I have copied over contents of /system/lib from version 7. I have to say, phone is as fast as never before (and with working wifi).

I have to test it in real life, but so far it looks good. If someone is interested, I can upload boot.img and /system/lib from build 7.

Edited by dragonwinglet

Guest goodfella123

Anyone know how to increase the phone signal?

Data keeos dropping to the E symbol.

Never had that problem with the infusion rom.

Edited by goodfella123

Guest StereoRepublic

I have been using slim for 3,4 months, I like it, it is very fast, just wanted to share that with other ppl :P

I do have some reboots now and then but i guess it is normal so I am not complaining, few days back my v7 started bugging but i see new version so I guess it will be gone now =)

Guest goodfella123

Apologies for repeat post, but does anyone know how to boost the signal on this rom?

Does anyone find the signal inferior like i do compared to other roms?

Guest ThunderGod

Hi, how can i hide status bar on lock screen? :/

Edit:

I have a pb with the gps. The signal is not stable. I have the signal for 2 or 3 second and I lose it. Somebody have the same pb ?

GPS works great for me :s

Edited by ThunderGod

• 2 weeks later...

I should say thank you developer for this nice ROM. It is been my ROM for more than two months and is flawlessly smooth. Every thing is working fine and the features are just more than expected from our G300. I am sticking to this ROM unless a major bonus is achieved somewhere else. So thank you very much again. :) :) :)

Guest petebetros

Hey guys,

Tried to flash V8 then the latest AIO GAPPS and on first boot AOSP Keyboard keeps force closing and I can't do anything with it. Redownloaded both zips but still the same :(

Any ideas?

Cheers

Guest agent McBob

Do you mean the 4.3 version on the latest?

You need to get addons from here: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/916-addons

Tried that, installed the Slim_Gapps_4.2.2 but I still have the same issue as petebetros - ASOP Keyboard crashes & force closes. Haven't had a chance to try this ROM properly, but it looks great. Real shame I can't get this working :(

Guest grabster

Stuck this on this morning and must say it's impressive so far. I wasn't expecting it to run the way it does. The only niggle I have found is that the google search bar doesn't work.

Shame that as otherwise it's working perfectly.

Guest the_julo

Someone's already asked, but there was no answer: is this ROM baseband dependent?

I'm on 109808 and was using Dazzozo's CM10.1.

I went into recovery, wiped everything (data, cache, dalvik) and installed the zip (Slim-u8815-4.2.2.build.8-UNOFFICIAL-20130804-1311) and rebooted.

But I got stuck on the Huawei logo.

I even did the process once more to make sure, but same result...

What am I missing?