[SOLVED] Problem of screen flashing different colors after flashing update.zip after installing 37mb or 12mb update on xolo ICS rom!

Guest parthrox29

Guest parthrox29

Haha sweet! Yeah I think its Ricky...but he hasn't been online for a while..one more guy is also hosting it...upload your version on dropbox or something...great work....will try it tomorrow(have an exam tomorrow so busy)

Thanks !

Guest parthrox29

OK, I've found it. There's a typo in the C:\SanDiego\tools\SanDiego.bat script. Edit SanDiego.bat and find :-

:downgrade

adb kill-server

adb start-server

adb wait-for-device

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\flashtool data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell chmod 755 data/local/tmp/flashtool

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i recovery -w data/local/tmp/reccovery.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i fastboot -w data/local/tmp/fastboot.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe reboot boot bootloader

C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update Bricked\update.zip

Delete the extra "c" in "recovery.img" and it should work fine.

Who is hosting the tool? It needs updating in a couple of other places. I can give them my working version plus a better setup.bat file to download all the necessary files. Is it still Ricky?

Doesn't help...just reboots the phone and keeps waiting for it !

post-1013985-0-95243600-1369669647_thumb

Guest parthrox29

I repeated the drill once more for those who didn't get what i was saying and for those who don't understand how to use hdmi

What do you need?

1- A bricked x900/osd that has gone crazy and is flashing colors on the screen and nothing else after flashing update.zip...ie one like this-> post-1013985-0-11139600-1369679418_thumb post-1013985-0-80244800-1369679594_thumb

2- An HDTV like this one right here -> post-1013985-0-20789300-1369679493_thumb

3-An hdmi cable to connect your phone and tv

How to start?

1- Connect your phone to tv when the phone is switched off. Then switch it on like this ->post-1013985-0-05910600-1369679605_thumb

to be continued in next comment.....

Guest parthrox29

you will notice that the xolo logo is only visible on phone not tv...after 1-2 seconds, this will happen -> post-1013985-0-73025000-1369680511_thumb

And then magically the intel logo will appear on the television screen...hurray! ->post-1013985-0-70134700-1369680504_thumb

Then after booting finishes,you will see your home screen/lock screen ->post-1013985-0-47435200-1369680518_thumb

If your phone is pattern locked or pin locked or slide locked, don't worry as i said earlier, landscape is portrait and vice verse like this ->post-1013985-0-74445900-1369680224_thumbpost-1013985-0-92084300-1369680231_thumb

see that? look at the phone and the television....when the phone is in portrait, the tv is landscape...got it now?

wanna know how to touch blindly? Here is an example ->post-1013985-0-92084300-1369680231_thumb Yeah the same picture again....look at that blue messaging 7 app on the center of the tv display, I'm dragging it....now look at my thumb position...middle of the phone screen...easy right?

Now lets talk some important stuff....once the phone screen timeouts or locks, the display on tv goes and doesn't come back till you restart...so to avoid this better go to settings-screen-sleep-and select sleep after 30 mins...that much time would be enough to fix your phone ->post-1013985-0-01612700-1369680265_thumb

You can also enable show touch input in settings-developer settings if you like...

Now most important step...go to settings-about phone-system updates-update via ota...if your phone is connected to the net, this will happen -> post-1013985-0-37828100-1369680271_thumb

now download and flash it like you do any update...->post-1013985-0-76321300-1369680212_thumb

After reboot see the magic->post-1013985-0-55826000-1369680205_thumbpost-1013985-0-95850300-1369680193_thumbpost-1013985-0-10165500-1369680188_thumb

post-1013985-0-31046800-1369680183_thumb

Easy?

Edited by parthrox29

Guest parthrox29

Guide for those who have updated with the 12mb update and wanna provide root access to certain applications:-

**********I don't take any responsibility for you hard bricking your phone************************

What do you need?

x900/osd, hdmi cable,hdtv, ricky's aio tool and some patience.

Step 1- install all those applications to whom you wanna give root access

Step 2- flash xolo update.zip ie brick your phone intentionally....make sure your hdmi connection works or you wont be able to fix your phone.

Step 3-connect your phone and tv like i have done in the above posts

Step 4-Connect your phone to your laptop also...end task any adb process and run sandiego.bat

Step 5-Root the phone like this->post-1013985-0-17561800-1369681864_thumbpost-1013985-0-83812300-1369681859_thumb after reboot,your phone is rooted..

Step 6-Grant root access to all the apps you want...do this now coz you wont be able to do this after you fix the screen. like->post-1013985-0-82609300-1369681853_thumb

Step 7-Install the 37mb update via ota to get your screen back and remove root...but wait a second the apps that you granted superuser access can still access superuser.....yippie!

Repeat if you want to add new apps as superuser.....

***Please note***-don not touch the superuser app after this process or you'll mess it up and have to do it again....and don't delete any superuser or you wont be able to add it again till you repeat the process

You can also change logo's remove branding and then update via ota....hope it works for you :-)

Cheers!

Guest BlueMoonRising

Doesn't help...just reboots the phone and keeps waiting for it !

Crap on a cracker, I've just realised that there's another incorrect line in there :-

:downgrade

adb kill-server

adb start-server

adb wait-for-device

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\flashtool data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell chmod 755 data/local/tmp/flashtool

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i recovery -w data/local/tmp/reccovery.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i fastboot -w data/local/tmp/fastboot.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe reboot boot bootloader

C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update Bricked\update.zip

fastboot.img should be boot.img surely?

I've been trying to find usage guidelines for the flashtool file that's pushed to the phone but I'm not having much luck right now...

For now change it and try again.

Guest parthrox29

Even if it works...all this code does is automate droid boot recovery and ultimately flashing update.zip....so you'll end up with a bricked color changing phone anyhow....have to find some alternative method to downgrade....this won't do...and the code is correct now as it has pushed both files successfully so file names are correct..but the commands are invalid...maybe they have been locked /changed by the 12mb update...see the snapshot I attached!

Edited by parthrox29

Guest BlueMoonRising

Even if it works...all this code does is automate droid boot recovery and ultimately flashing update.zip....so you'll end up with a bricked color changing phone anyhow....have to find some alternative method to downgrade....this won't do...and the code is correct now as it has pushed both files successfully so file names are correct..but the commands are invalid...maybe they have been locked /changed by the 12mb update...see the snapshot I attached!

No. it's a bit more tricksy than that. It's these 2 lines that do the business :-

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i recovery -w data/local/tmp/recovery.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i fastboot -w data/local/tmp/boot.img

Admittedly I didn't write the tool and am just trying to figure it out for myself but it's these 2 lines that allow you to regress back to the basic Xolo ICS rom.

Has anybody actually tried it with the correct lines in. I'm still trying to find out by the way if the "flashtool -i recovery/fastboot -w" bit is correct.

Guest Visham25

Can we downgrade the update.zip from a 37mb update, cos when I tried downgrade back my screen lit up different colours, I used the hdmi methoid and it works perfectly now, but is it possible for me to get root back or to downgrade back to the update.zip

Guest Quantumm

I tried it with the reccovery correction but not with the fastboot correction.

Rooting was successful but display was off again. Anyway I tried to deodex, after restart the red triangle appears and after that nothing. No display and no TV picture.

After I wakeup from my heartinfact, I tried the droidboot recovery with the 299mb xolo image successful.

Now back to the roots ill try it again.

Btw:is it possible to integrate / install all these hacks like sd-card activation etc manually with the root method of parthrox?

Guest Visham25

Guide for those who have updated with the 12mb update and wanna provide root access to certain applications:-

**********I don't take any responsibility for you hard bricking your phone************************

What do you need?

x900/osd, hdmi cable,hdtv, ricky's aio tool and some patience.

Step 1- install all those applications to whom you wanna give root access

Step 2- flash xolo update.zip ie brick your phone intentionally....make sure your hdmi connection works or you wont be able to fix your phone.

Step 3-connect your phone and tv like i have done in the above posts

Step 4-Connect your phone to your laptop also...end task any adb process and run sandiego.bat

Step 5-Root the phone like this->post-1013985-0-17561800-1369681864_thumbpost-1013985-0-83812300-1369681859_thumb after reboot,your phone is rooted..

Step 6-Grant root access to all the apps you want...do this now coz you wont be able to do this after you fix the screen. like->post-1013985-0-82609300-1369681853_thumb

Step 7-Install the 37mb update via ota to get your screen back and remove root...but wait a second the apps that you granted superuser access can still access superuser.....yippie!

Repeat if you want to add new apps as superuser.....

***Please note***-don not touch the superuser app after this process or you'll mess it up and have to do it again....and don't delete any superuser or you wont be able to add it again till you repeat the process

You can also change logo's remove branding and then update via ota....hope it works for you :-)

Cheers!

I've done that serveral of times but then a red exclamation mark pops up in recvovery and the phone reboots, it says update was unsuccessful!

Guest parthrox29

I've done that serveral of times but then a red exclamation mark pops up in recvovery and the phone reboots, it says update was unsuccessful!

This happens at what step?...when ur flashing update.zip or the 37mb update?

If it's for update.zip then make sure ur using xolo 's rom not the orange one or clear the cache and try again

And if it happens while upgrading with the 37 mb one and ur screen is dead then connect with hdmi, flash update.zip again and then upgrade again with 37 mb

Guest parthrox29

I tried it with the reccovery correction but not with the fastboot correction.

Rooting was successful but display was off again. Anyway I tried to deodex, after restart the red triangle appears and after that nothing. No display and no TV picture.

After I wakeup from my heartinfact, I tried the droidboot recovery with the 299mb xolo image successful.

Now back to the roots ill try it again.

Btw:is it possible to integrate / install all these hacks like sd-card activation etc manually with the root method of parthrox?

Nobody ever tried that...try it..maybe it will work...maybe it won't...anyhow you have to live with the 37 mb upgrade so try the sd card hack....maybe the update won't remove it

Guest parthrox29

Can we downgrade the update.zip from a 37mb update, cos when I tried downgrade back my screen lit up different colours, I used the hdmi methoid and it works perfectly now, but is it possible for me to get root back or to downgrade back to the update.zip

Not possible to downgrade at the moment....can anyone confirm whether factory restore removes the 12mb part of the 37mb update or not?....it removed chrome i think so it could remove that as well.....but nobody knows...and I can't try...have important app data...other than that you can try my root method for root access...I really don't understand why you people want to downgrade ...I like the 12mb update..it increased app compatibility like hell a lot !

Guest parthrox29

No. it's a bit more tricksy than that. It's these 2 lines that do the business :-

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i recovery -w data/local/tmp/recovery.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i fastboot -w data/local/tmp/boot.img

Admittedly I didn't write the tool and am just trying to figure it out for myself but it's these 2 lines that allow you to regress back to the basic Xolo ICS rom.

Has anybody actually tried it with the correct lines in. I'm still trying to find out by the way if the "flashtool -i recovery/fastboot -w" bit is correct.

I don't know adb...but as I am a coder, I can tell what a line or two does....and believe me when I say that these lines do nothing but open droidboot also known as fast boot and flash update.zip and nothing else....this used to work fine but not now as the display won't work after 12mb update....so this won't work...even if we make slight changes to the code...but thanks for your help bluemoonrising....your the most committed to helping others type of guy I've come across here..really appreciate your help...find something else that doesn't involve update.zip flashing

Cheers!

Edited by parthrox29

Guest z720

if without HDMI, can we use vnc with vmliteserver ?

No too sure when screen offset whether the vnc act the same or it should able to display the actual resolution ?

Guest Quantumm

Nobody ever tried that...try it..maybe it will work...maybe it won't...anyhow you have to live with the 37 mb upgrade so try the sd card hack....maybe the update won't remove it

The update removed it. :(

All these Hacks are just files. What about:

1. Root like your method.

2. give root Access to a Filemanager.

3. Update

4. Use the rootaccessed Filemanager to copy the hacked files (like SD-Activator, GPU Files...) to the place where they should be.

5. restart (?)

Guest z720

The VNC only work after bootup of the AndroidOS. So if you need to access droidboot/fastboot you will need HDMI

it work. Means after you downgraded using 299MB xolo update.zip, when u just get the blue/red colour screen you can using vnc to access besides hdmi. via vnc I able to see the screen and apply 37MB OTA to get back the normal screen.

Guest parthrox29

The update removed it. :(

All these Hacks are just files. What about:

1. Root like your method.

2. give root Access to a Filemanager.

3. Update

4. Use the rootaccessed Filemanager to copy the hacked files (like SD-Activator, GPU Files...) to the place where they should be.

5. restart (?)

Again I would say ki try it....I'm not an android developer..I don't know! Sounds doable try it

Guest parthrox29

it work. Means after you downgraded using 299MB xolo update.zip, when u just get the blue/red colour screen you can using vnc to access besides hdmi. via vnc I able to see the screen and apply 37MB OTA to get back the normal screen.

It depends on you unlocking your screen blindly...coz you don't have root so vnc would require you to connect via pc unlock your phone then establish connection...if you can do that, it will work...else use the hdmi

Guest z720

It depends on you unlocking your screen blindly...coz you don't have root so vnc would require you to connect via pc unlock your phone then establish connection...if you can do that, it will work...else use the hdmi

Step to get it work without HDMI TV.

1st - get the vnc server for android HERE https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41618135/com.vmlite.vncserver-104-v1.0.4.apk

2nd - adb install vnc..blabla..apk

3rd - start the vnc server gui via this

adb shell "am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.vmlite.vncserver/.MainActivity"

4th - start the vnc server

adb shell /data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver&

wait til you see something like "Listening for HTTP connections on TCP port 5801" (if not just repeat step 4)

then

adb forward tcp:5801 tcp:5801

adb forward tcp:5901 tcp:5901

Finally open your browser enter this localhost:5801

You should see

Welcome to VNC Viewer

the click on the Java version (make sure you hv java install on your PC)

when asking for password just put 1234 then click ok.

Now you should see you phone desktop and able for you to perform the update without HDMI TV.

Once you running update just let it be for 5mins you should back to normal again. (If with HDMI you should able to see the upgrading process in fastboot mode)

To stop the vnc server

adb shell "/data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver --stop

PS ... still looking the way to get back to root for 37mb OTA update.. :angry:

Edited by z720

Guest parthrox29

Step to get it work without HDMI TV.

1st - get the vnc server for android HERE https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41618135/com.vmlite.vncserver-104-v1.0.4.apk

2nd - adb install vnc..blabla..apk

3rd - start the vnc server gui via this

adb shell "am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.vmlite.vncserver/.MainActivity"

4th - start the vnc server

adb shell /data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver&

wait til you see something like "Listening for HTTP connections on TCP port 5801" (if not just repeat step 4)

then

adb forward tcp:5801 tcp:5801

adb forward tcp:5901 tcp:5901

Finally open your browser enter this localhost:5801

You should see

Welcome to VNC Viewer

the click on the Java version (make sure you hv java install on your PC)

when asking for password just put 1234 then click ok.

Now you should see you phone desktop and able for you to perform the update without HDMI TV.

Once you running update just let it be for 5mins you should back to normal again. (If with HDMI you should able to see the upgrading process in fastboot mode)

To stop the vnc server

adb shell "/data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver --stop

PS ... still looking the way to get back to root for 37mb OTA update.. :angry:

Nice work! Just do one thing...

People without the app installed will not be able to install it blindly...coz that is near impossible so modify ricky's tool to push and install the app that is if people manage to unlock screen blindly

Guest andysterling

See, i did the above, but i can't see the whole display on my tv or my monitor, one of which is full hd, any ideas how to get it back after i idiotically downgraded by installing the update.zip...

Thanks in advance.

Any way i can fastboot the latest update?

Edit: Got it back working with the update. can't seem to root it though :(

Edited by andysterling