[SOLVED] Problem of screen flashing different colors after flashing update.zip after installing 37mb or 12mb update on xolo ICS rom!

Guest parthrox29

Guest parthrox29

Simple solution! No software needed!

**********NEW *********Read further comments/posts for a detailed solution with images***********

Things you need:-

1-Your phone whose display is flashing colors after flashing update.zip after 37mb or 12mb update

2-hdmi cable(the one compatible with x900 duh!)

3-a tv or display that supports Hdmi input

"""Correction"""===== "Connect your phone to the Tv via hdmi cable then turn it on!"....you will see the xolo logo on the phone and the remaining booting process will be visible on your tv!

Now the tricky part is that the touch on your phone is working but not in the right orientation ie when you see landscape on your tv, hold the phone in portrait and vice verse. you have to use your imagination and touch the screen according to what you see on the tv

Go to settings->about->advanced settings->check show pointer location...this will help you see where you are touching and adjust your gestures.

Now the final step...turn on your wifi or packet data and go to settings->about->system updates->update via ota and download the 37 mb update and install it !

Reboot and Volla!! your display is back!

Edited by parthrox29

Guest Dashaeromaniac

I did several updates via OTA but realised some graphics in games were cracking. So decided to switch back to old update.zip.

After update my phone is displaying coloured screens. I guess my phone is responsive, but I had put pattern lock.

I dont have HDMI cable right now. But I'll try your method and reply.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!! :D

Guest BlueMoonRising

I did several updates via OTA but realised some graphics in games were cracking. So decided to switch back to old update.zip.

After update my phone is displaying coloured screens. I guess my phone is responsive, but I had put pattern lock.

I dont have HDMI cable right now. But I'll try your method and reply.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!! :D

If you've got the Xolo update.zip in the root of your phone you can get into recovery. Turn the phone on holding power & volume. When you see the droidboot, release your fingers and then hold power & tap volume +. You'll see a menu. Select recovery, clear the cache and then update from external storage, You don't have to worry about using the touch screen blind then.

http://www.modaco.co...o-intel-az210a/

Guest parthrox29

If you've got the Xolo update.zip in the root of your phone you can get into recovery. Turn the phone on holding power & volume. When you see the droidboot, release your fingers and then hold power & tap volume +. You'll see a menu. Select recovery, clear the cache and then update from external storage, You don't have to worry about using the touch screen blind then.

http://www.modaco.co...o-intel-az210a/

Yeah try this...but for doing this, you would need a working display else you have to recover blindly....still give it a try...but if it doesn't work , buy the hdmi...wont cost more than 2-3 quids and is pretty darn useful.

Also if making pattern blindly is difficult for you perform factory reset from recovery

All the best !

Edited by parthrox29

Guest Dashaeromaniac

@bluemoonrising I had droidbooted once just to see what hapens. All I got was androidlogo in blue and a loading bar at bottom which wasn't even moving. It was there for more than few minutes, I was scared so I rebooted and decided never to do that again. This is already a replacement phone and I guess company would not replce my phone again if I screw up.

Can you tell me normally how much time it takes for droid boot to show up the menu? I had done this on Samsung Ace and all it took was few seconds.

Also the logo was different from what they are shown in the link you provided. I guess it was for GB...

@parthrox29 I was looking for HDMI cable at local stores but couldn't find one. I'll buy them from ebay.in and it will take couple of days to reach.. so I guess unless I do what bluemoonrising says, my phone shall be dead for time.. :\

Guest BlueMoonRising

@bluemoonrising I had droidbooted once just to see what hapens. All I got was androidlogo in blue and a loading bar at bottom which wasn't even moving. It was there for more than few minutes, I was scared so I rebooted and decided never to do that again. This is already a replacement phone and I guess company would not replce my phone again if I screw up.

Can you tell me normally how much time it takes for droid boot to show up the menu? I had done this on Samsung Ace and all it took was few seconds.

Also the logo was different from what they are shown in the link you provided. I guess it was for GB...

@parthrox29 I was looking for HDMI cable at local stores but couldn't find one. I'll buy them from ebay.in and it will take couple of days to reach.. so I guess unless I do what bluemoonrising says, my phone shall be dead for time.. :\

Lol, no that's normal. Turn the phone on holding power & volume. When you see the droidboot, release your fingers and then hold power & tap volume +. You'll see a menu. Select recovery, clear the cache and then update from external storage,

Guest parthrox29

If you can see droidboot then that's good news....do what bluemoonrising is telling you to...you can also try using ricky's tool.

Guest Dashaeromaniac

Hey guys...

I got my HDMI cable today, surprisingly, nothing is displayed on TV. Now I guess I have to shoot in dark...

@thebluemoonrising and @parthrox29 I cannot see a thing after the xolo logo. I repeat can see nothing after Xolo Logo... Just blank screen which turns green then red or white..

Summary of what I did...

1)I inserted SIM card and called through other phone. My phone could ring. But I tried tapping so that I could pick up phone but no success. (Maybe I had to drag)

2)I took screenshot and could here the sound of shutter.

3) Very important... I switched on my phone using power key and volume up button. Then I would tap power key and then volume up. Then I pressed camera key and with a moment my phone would reboot.

Okay now I need your help. If you can describe the number of times I need to hit the buttons and how much time I need to hold the keys, (just like in games.. walk two steps then take right, step back blah blah..) maybe I can restore it. Atleast I hope so.

Also can anyone tell me how I can backup my data bypassing pattern lock into my PC?? I havent installed any root or such things...

Also a screenshot of how pattern lock screen looks like in ICS Xolo?

And yeah since this post is marked solved and it is not my thread, Do I need to start a new thread??

Thanks!

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, I'll give it a shot...

I was going to post screenshots but I don't have good enough equipment to post anything meaningful, the best I've found is on :-

http://www.modaco.co...a/#entry2083840

1. Power off and back on holding the power button and Vol-, you'll feel it vibrate. Release all buttons.

2. Press Power button and tap Vol+, release all buttons again.

3. Tap Vol- twice to select "recovery" and press the camera button. This will put you into system recovery screen

4. Tap Vol- once(not twice as I put originally) and press the camera button. This will put you into this screen :-

The 4 options are :-

reboot system now

apply update from external storage

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

5. Tap Vol- once and press the camera button. That'll put you into this screen :

6. On my phone at least(I'm presuming it would be the same for yourself) the update.zip is the 2nd line down so tap Vol- once and press the camera key again.

7. The update.zip will now install, be patient, Leave it at least 5 minutes and then press the camera button which should reboot your phone.

I'm not about to flash Xolo again myself and I'm not 100% sure that there's any further input required such as a confirmation dialog. Can anybody else who's actually used this method confirm either way?

parthrox29 used this method I believe.

Good luck.

Edited :- I missed step 3 which is why I got what is now step 4 wrong (slaps self in face). Added step 7 as I've tried it myself and am now having to root ect ect... :(

post-828563-0-27421700-1368891176_thumb.

post-828563-0-96415300-1368891334_thumb.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Dashaeromaniac

I reach step 3, i press volume 2 times and camera button, but then my phone reboots... Is it ok??

"Edit"

Can you tell how can I backup my data?? I have put pattern lock, because of it, my phones storage isnt shown on my PC (unless i unlock it). Any method to bypass them and backup all the data?

Edited by Dashaeromaniac

Guest BlueMoonRising

I reach step 3, i press volume 2 times and camera button, but then my phone reboots... Is it ok??

"Edit"

Can you tell how can I backup my data?? I have put pattern lock, because of it, my phones storage isnt shown on my PC (unless i unlock it). Any method to bypass them and backup all the data?

I'm very, very sorry, that was entirely my fault. It should have been :-

3. Tap Vol- once(not twice as I put originally) and press the camera button.

Tapping Vol- twice would have selected "wipe data/factory reset"

I did post the 4 options below that :-

reboot system now

apply update from external storage

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

Again, very sorry but I think I may have made your last question regarding backup moot(which I didn't know the answer too anyway). :blush:

Guest Dashaeromaniac

If I had accidently selected wipe data then I guess update.zip must have been deleted. And anyway even after pressing volume down once, the phone simply reboots...Anyway you need not be sorry :)

I feel helpless now, cause I know its repairable but just cant figure out how. I can feel the phones response, but it doesnt display a thing. If @parthrox29 could tell me how he took all the output on a display it could help. Cause I guess its only social gallery and apps with HD outputs are ones which get displayed on TV screen.

The other guy who had same problem said they replaced the phone for him. Its already my replacement piece and not sure if they'll provide a replacement or not.

I am really thankful for all your help.

I called up xolo care. Cause I figured out the phone becomes hot and I found dark patches on screen if I keep my phone on for long time.

Thanks Again. God bless you all..!! :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Can you not drag the zip across using your PC? If so you can try it again using :-

3. Tap Vol- once(not twice as I put originally) and press the camera button.

As said I'm still not sure if there's a confirmation dialog after selecting the update.zip at step 5. I've PMed parthrox29 and will let you know.

I've ordered a micro hdmi cable myself and will check if it works with recovery, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Guest Dashaeromaniac

I had put pattern lock... And my phones storage doesnt get detected unless I unlock my phone...

!!And I must warn you, if you have installed 37MB or 12MB updates dont flash xolo update.zip else you'll end up situation like me.!!

And I guess reason my TV couldnt display phones HDMI output is, my TV only displays certain inputs. Some of them are 1080p,i 576p,i and 480p,i. Xolo is neither qHD nor full HD but somewhere in between. (1024x600 correct me if I am wrong)

If I could get a 'monitor' with HDMI input, maybe I can get the output on it. Even I have PMed parthrox29 about it but he hasnt reverted yet... Let see, if tomorrow I find monitor with HDMI input in my college lab, I'll surely try to connect my phone to it, just to check out.

:)

Guest parthrox29

Hey guys...

I got my HDMI cable today, surprisingly, nothing is displayed on TV. Now I guess I have to shoot in dark...

@thebluemoonrising and @parthrox29 I cannot see a thing after the xolo logo. I repeat can see nothing after Xolo Logo... Just blank screen which turns green then red or white..

Summary of what I did...

1)I inserted SIM card and called through other phone. My phone could ring. But I tried tapping so that I could pick up phone but no success. (Maybe I had to drag)

2)I took screenshot and could here the sound of shutter.

3) Very important... I switched on my phone using power key and volume up button. Then I would tap power key and then volume up. Then I pressed camera key and with a moment my phone would reboot.

Okay now I need your help. If you can describe the number of times I need to hit the buttons and how much time I need to hold the keys, (just like in games.. walk two steps then take right, step back blah blah..) maybe I can restore it. Atleast I hope so.

Also can anyone tell me how I can backup my data bypassing pattern lock into my PC?? I havent installed any root or such things...

Also a screenshot of how pattern lock screen looks like in ICS Xolo?

And yeah since this post is marked solved and it is not my thread, Do I need to start a new thread??

Thanks!

Connect your phone to the display using hdmi then turn it on...you will see the phone booting from the intel logo on your display...nothing will happen if you turn it on and then connect because hdmi output doesn't work when the phone is locked!

So you connect it then turn it on and you will be able to see till your screen timeouts...so unlock it in that small time window...remember whats landscape on the screen is portrait on your phone and vice versa...so touch accordingly...it will surely work all the things you did above also worked for me.

Also resetting or flashing update.zip wont help....you need the 12mb update for the display to come back!

All the best!

Cheers!

Guest parthrox29

I had put pattern lock... And my phones storage doesnt get detected unless I unlock my phone...

!!And I must warn you, if you have installed 37MB or 12MB updates dont flash xolo update.zip else you'll end up situation like me.!!

And I guess reason my TV couldnt display phones HDMI output is, my TV only displays certain inputs. Some of them are 1080p,i 576p,i and 480p,i. Xolo is neither qHD nor full HD but somewhere in between. (1024x600 correct me if I am wrong)

If I could get a 'monitor' with HDMI input, maybe I can get the output on it. Even I have PMed parthrox29 about it but he hasnt reverted yet... Let see, if tomorrow I find monitor with HDMI input in my college lab, I'll surely try to connect my phone to it, just to check out.

:)

Doesn't matter! It will display 1080pi for xolo/OSD....my tv is also like that but it works fine...just follow my previous reply..And It'll work for sure.

And I'm really sorry guys for not replying....was out of town....so had no internet access :-(

P.S- I hate the mobile site !

Cheers!

Edited by parthrox29

Guest Dashaeromaniac

Actually I had tried doing the same.. but didnt work out. I guess it has something to do with HD ready and Full HD standards. But I am not 100% sure cause I didnt get it to test it on another HD monitor.

Thanks!

Guest parthrox29

Nothing is visible?....what does the screen display? I mean does it search for signal?

Also are you using a tv or a monitor....try another tv...try it sometimes..flash.update.zip again and then try...hope it works

Guest Quantumm

I had the same problem, and the HDMI-Solution was the only one, which brings my xolo back to life.

thanks a lot parthrox

But now how i root the phone, get the SD Card working and install all the other stuff.

Everytime i tried to follow the instrucktions of the AIO Tool, the phone was going dark again.

Edited by Quantumm

Guest parthrox29

Try doing a factory reset....it may remove the update safely....then try to root....coz I remember I got rid of chrome when I did factory reset(got chrome through the 22 mb update

But beware you'll loose all your apps and messages!

Guest BlueMoonRising

I had the same problem, and the HDMI-Solution was the only one, which brings my xolo back to life.

thanks a lot parthrox

But now how i root the phone, get the SD Card working and install all the other stuff.

Everytime i tried to follow the instrucktions of the AIO Tool, the phone was going dark again.

You can either try http://www.modaco.com/topic/362692-another-osd-bricked/#entry2126154 which uses the AIO tool or http://www.modaco.com/topic/362574-solved-problem-of-screen-flashing-different-colors-after-flashing-updatezip-after-installing-37mb-or-12mb-update-on-xolo-ics-rom/#entry2125475 for which you need the Xolo update.zip (299MB in size) in the root of the phone.

Guest parthrox29

No dude that won't work...the display will go black again....he has updated with the 12 mb update....we have to downgrade it first....any method for that?

And the aio tool downgrade won't work!

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, I've found it. There's a typo in the C:\SanDiego\tools\SanDiego.bat script. Edit SanDiego.bat and find :-

:downgrade

adb kill-server

adb start-server

adb wait-for-device

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\flashtool data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell chmod 755 data/local/tmp/flashtool

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade data/local/tmp

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i recovery -w data/local/tmp/reccovery.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe shell data/local/tmp/flashtool -i fastboot -w data/local/tmp/fastboot.img

C:\SanDiego\tools\adb.exe reboot boot bootloader

C:\SanDiego\tools\fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update Bricked\update.zip

Delete the extra "c" in "recovery.img" and it should work fine.

Who is hosting the tool? It needs updating in a couple of other places. I can give them my working version plus a better setup.bat file to download all the necessary files. Is it still Ricky?