[SOLVED] Problem of screen flashing different colors after flashing update.zip after installing 37mb or 12mb update on xolo ICS rom!

Guest parthrox29

Guest z720

See, i did the above, but i can't see the whole display on my tv or my monitor, one of which is full hd, any ideas how to get it back after i idiotically downgraded by installing the update.zip...

Thanks in advance.

Any way i can fastboot the latest update?

Edit: Got it back working with the update. can't seem to root it though :(

Here to get the root back for 37MB update.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest meziani

it happened to me the same problem, after a failed update, my screen had become black, then changed color, blue, purple, white ....

So I followed the instructions mentioned at the beginning of the post.

I plugged in my OSD on my TV via HDMI, then select display in the parameters of the cursor, it facilitates the work blind.

the provision is not the same between the phone and the television, but you soon realize after several manipulations.

the goal is to enter the identifier for the wifi! and the harder it is to type on a black screen watching the cursor on the television, it's not easy, I took 1 hour to succeed! to put my username.

I found a trick, you place your finger on a clear area then you drag the character and once you type to select, that I found with perceverance.

then go to OTA update and validate!

and after 5 minutes to reboot my phone and surprise!! it showed the same thing that at the television, and I was very happy!!!

a great relief!!!

So Courage must be meticulous and patient!!

your phone is not dead!!

sorry for my anglish , i'm french men !!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Frost007

Step to get it work without HDMI TV.

1st - get the vnc server for android HERE https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41618135/com.vmlite.vncserver-104-v1.0.4.apk

2nd - adb install vnc..blabla..apk

3rd - start the vnc server gui via this

adb shell "am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.vmlite.vncserver/.MainActivity"

4th - start the vnc server

adb shell /data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver&

wait til you see something like "Listening for HTTP connections on TCP port 5801" (if not just repeat step 4)

then

adb forward tcp:5801 tcp:5801

adb forward tcp:5901 tcp:5901

Finally open your browser enter this localhost:5801

You should see

Welcome to VNC Viewer

the click on the Java version (make sure you hv java install on your PC)

when asking for password just put 1234 then click ok.

Now you should see you phone desktop and able for you to perform the update without HDMI TV.

Once you running update just let it be for 5mins you should back to normal again. (If with HDMI you should able to see the upgrading process in fastboot mode)

To stop the vnc server

adb shell "/data/data/com.vmlite.vncserver/files/vmlitevncserver --stop

PS ... still looking the way to get back to root for 37mb OTA update.. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ztebladeuser

Nice work! Just do one thing...

People without the app installed will not be able to install it blindly...coz that is near impossible so modify ricky's tool to push and install the app that is if people manage to unlock screen blindly

Did u miss the adb install apk line?

This would only work if wifi was enabled before too. Easier with Hdmi cable

• 2 weeks later...

Xolo x900: I was fiddling with the phone and clicked on "Update over OTA" - phone is having ICS with the recent update. Not sure what happened but the display is gone. Am able to (a) see the droid boot when the phone is connected to PC using HDMI cable; (B) During normal booting - seen through the PC I can pull the notification screen but am unable to see the "Home screen" of the phone. I tried updating through Update.zip but to of no avail. Question is: I have taken back up of the entire USB in my PC. Can I do a factory reset ? If I do that will the Xolo get bricked ?

Thanks for the help, folks.

Guest BlueMoonRising

By update.zip I'm presuming you mean the Xolo ICS rom(299MB in size) in which case you tried flashing the original ICS rom over a later patched version which is intended to block the root exploit.

You need to read this entire thread and follow the suggestions to get back to a patched Xolo ICS build that is no longer rootable.

Thanks, bluemoonrising. So far no further updates and I have gone through the 4 pages of this thread and the entire 9 pages of another thread on this topic. It appears that without the 12 mb update, I would have to make a trip to one of the service centers of Xolo, which is something I want to avoid. What if I were to opt for Wipe / Factory Reset or Wipe Partition ? I have taken a full back up of the entire SD card on my system.

Any thoughts?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks, bluemoonrising. So far no further updates and I have gone through the 4 pages of this thread and the entire 9 pages of another thread on this topic. It appears that without the 12 mb update, I would have to make a trip to one of the service centers of Xolo, which is something I want to avoid. What if I were to opt for Wipe / Factory Reset or Wipe Partition ? I have taken a full back up of the entire SD card on my system.

Any thoughts?

Wipe / Factory Reset or Wipe Partition will have no effect I'm afraid. They seem to have done a really good job of plugging the exploit. The best you can hope for is an updated working phone but without root.

Guest youyouvart

Hi, i bought this phone which come with ICS Orange; I flash to xolo rom. I solve the color screen problem with the help of this thread. i plug HDMI cable, update the 52mb OTA file and rescue the screen.

I want to come back to the default ICS orange rom. Can i flash Orange rom found to the AiO tool which not contain the lastetupdate. Loose my screen, and apply the same protocole with hdmi cable to update Last Orange update? Can i download last Orange updated rom on the internet? ( Before flashing xolo rom, i don t saving the Orange Rom).

Thanks,

youyoubart

• 3 months later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

Has anyone who's installed the latest patches and gone through this procedure still got a fully functioning SD card slot? Or are the 2 mutually exclusive?

Guest NareshRaikar

Guide for those who have updated with the 12mb update and wanna provide root access to certain applications:-

**********I don't take any responsibility for you hard bricking your phone************************

What do you need?

x900/osd, hdmi cable,hdtv, ricky's aio tool and some patience.

Step 1- install all those applications to whom you wanna give root access

Step 2- flash xolo update.zip ie brick your phone intentionally....make sure your hdmi connection works or you wont be able to fix your phone.

Step 3-connect your phone and tv like i have done in the above posts

Step 4-Connect your phone to your laptop also...end task any adb process and run sandiego.bat

Step 5-Root the phone like this->attachicon.gif27052013438.jpgattachicon.gif27052013439.jpg after reboot,your phone is rooted..

Step 6-Grant root access to all the apps you want...do this now coz you wont be able to do this after you fix the screen. like->attachicon.gif27052013443.jpg

Step 7-Install the 37mb update via ota to get your screen back and remove root...but wait a second the apps that you granted superuser access can still access superuser.....yippie!

Repeat if you want to add new apps as superuser.....

***Please note***-don not touch the superuser app after this process or you'll mess it up and have to do it again....and don't delete any superuser or you wont be able to add it again till you repeat the process

You can also change logo's remove branding and then update via ota....hope it works for you :-)

Cheers!

I followed these steps and was able to successfully root my x900,as i dont have access to HDMI-in TV,i was using VMserver.before rooting i was able to see my screen on laptop via VMserver,but after rooting,on connecting all i get is a black screen.I tried unlocking the  screen blindly on vmserver and it worked.Can anyone guide me here?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Has anyone who's installed the latest patches and gone through this procedure still got a fully functioning SD card slot? Or are the 2 mutually exclusive?

Nobody?

• 1 month later...
Guest vadiraj

hello i have xolo x900 i updated my xolo with 299 mb file after that my xolo is flashing different coloured screens

.by using hdmi micro cable i manage to download 58 mb file via ota but it is not installing 

please suggest me what to do now.......

post-1033328-0-76777700-1388810196_thumb

post-1033328-0-18254000-1388810212_thumb

Guest BlueMoonRising

hello i have xolo x900 i updated my xolo with 299 mb file after that my xolo is flashing different coloured screens

.by using hdmi micro cable i manage to download 58 mb file via ota but it is not installing 

please suggest me what to do now.......

Read the first post on this thread and follow all instructions.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest vadiraj

hello Dude... something went totally wrong....My mobile is Up-to-date now after seeing instructions i tried to install Update.zip of 299 mb and now it messed up ... I only see XOLO logo now after that it just changing the screen colors or stays in white color screen

by using hdmi micro cable i manage to download 58 mb file via ota but it is not installing 

please suggest me what to do now

shows final approval................... do u want to  proceed but there is no install option i dont know what to do plse suggest me 

Guest vadiraj

hello Dude... something went totally wrong....My mobile is Up-to-date now after seeing instructions i tried to install Update.zip of 299 mb and now it messed up ... I only see XOLO logo now after that it just changing the screen colors or stays in white color screen

by using hdmi micro cable i manage to download 58 mb file via ota but it is not installing 

please suggest me what to do now

shows final approval................... do u want to  proceed but there is no install option i dont know what to do plse suggest me  

plse tell me what to do now  i m worried i dont want to root  i want my phone as it was before

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Slay3r07

Simple and Fast way to get your phone back to normal, if you have Problem of Screen Flasing Diff colours after flasing it with update.zip

Things You need : -

58 mb patch, you can download from here   http://darael.tpchq.org/SanDiego/updatezips/58MiB-patch/xolo/update.zip

A hdmi cable with a supported Screen

Steps :-

If u have flashed ur phone with the original update.zip 299mb, just download the 58mb patch from the above link and copy it in ur root folder.

use the hdmi cable and do a upgrade from storage via settings and after 5 mins u will have ur phone back to normal.

If u have any problem or error during update of 58mb zip file reboot ur phone and clear ur cache and data ... dont worry this will not delete the update.zip file from ur system !

Edited by Slay3r07