• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gamepop - a subscription based take on the Android games console

1 post in this topic

Bluestacks, purveyors of the Android runtime environment for Mac / PC of the same name, have announced GamePop, a subscription based Android games console for release later this year.

Priced at $6.99 a month with no up front cost for those who pre-order this month (with a likely minimum 12 month contract), Gamepop will offer 500 games on your TV via a custom box running a custom UI. After the pre-order phase the console will be priced at $100.

BlueStacks has already signed deals with popular game development houses such as Glu and Halfbrick - they are also actively encouraging other games developers to sign up. Developers will earn a share of the subscription fee based on the usage level of their game, as well as any potential in-app purchases.

This does raise an interest question - for in app purchases in the convention sense to be possible, Google Play needs to be on the device - it needs to be Google approved. It's not clear whether this will be the case but with Google's new games framework widely expected at I/O, it is arguably going to be a must have.

Head on over to the Gamepop website to learn more, pre-order, or register as a game developer. I have pre-ordered one... are you tempted?

[Via: VentureBeat]

Click here to view the item

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.