• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Download the Android Studio early access preview

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday at Google I/O, Google announced 'Android Studio', a new IDE for Android development based on the community release of IntelliJ by JetBrains, a very well respected piece of software. The early access preview release of Android Studio is available for download now for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Currently at version 0.1 (yes, it's a REALLY early access preview), the download includes the Android Studio early access preview itself, all the Android SDK Tools to design, test, debug, and profile your app, the latest Android platform to compile your app and the latest Android system image to run your app in the emulator.

Highlights include...

• Gradle-based build support.
  • Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
  • Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
  • ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
  • Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components.
  • A rich layout editor that allows you to drag-and-drop UI components, preview layouts on multiple screen configurations, and much more.

I've had a play and while performance is a bit sketchy in places, it's a very solid start and I suspect it'll become a lot of developer's IDE of choice over Eclipse as it matures.

If you're an existing Eclipse user you should have a read of the migrating from Eclipse guide. Everyone should check out the Android Studio Tips and Tricks!

Head on over to the Android Studio page to download and let us know what you think!

Click here to view the item

Tried to get this running, but refuses point blank. Tried installing for just me and all users, no difference, does nothing. Shame.

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.