[GUIDE] How to unbrick the G300

Guest Stefan1803

Guest crankykick

Just wanna say your a absolute star for helping

Can't access internal memory:(

The file when pressing the power and volume just sends the screen completly pink/purple. Holding one/either of the volumes sends it to the white chinese writing flash screen.

Lunch now I think :)

Edited by crankykick

Guest sharkyo01

If it was me I would load it in to bootloader mode (Volume down + Power Button) and see if you place CWM recovery on it before you do anything then you have a fail safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crankykick

Hi,

Given up the ghost with this - I believe it's driver related as most things gave errors stating "device not found" going to try it on a linux machine at some point but for the time being that's that. ta for suggestions and help.

• 2 months later...
Guest sharkyo01

Hi, have you had any luck? I have a similar problem and I don't know what to do

Follow the steps I outlined above in this thread and let me know how you get on...

Guest andbap

Follow the steps I outlined above in this thread and let me know how you get on...

thanks for your reply. I can't get anything done on this phone,when I turn it on it gets stuck on the chinese splash screen, can't boot into recovery, I tried flashing the force update and the pink bar gets stuck and gives an error message, the middle package does the same thing. I tried turning it on pressing down on the volume button for the fastboot and plugging it into the pc, to see if I could do anything with ADB or install CWM again, but both ADB and the CWM installer can't find the device. I don't really know what else to do besides turning it in for repair, but I'm likely to lose the warranty because of the chinese splash thingy

Guest sharkyo01

thanks for your reply. I can't get anything done on this phone,when I turn it on it gets stuck on the chinese splash screen, can't boot into recovery, I tried flashing the force update and the pink bar gets stuck and gives an error message, the middle package does the same thing. I tried turning it on pressing down on the volume button for the fastboot and plugging it into the pc, to see if I could do anything with ADB or install CWM again, but both ADB and the CWM installer can't find the device. I don't really know what else to do besides turning it in for repair, but I'm likely to lose the warranty because of the chinese splash thingy

I can not see you losing your warranty because of the Chinese splash screen I can make some believable rubbish up for you :P

Can you remember what rom / firmware you where on?

Guest andbap

I can not see you losing your warranty because of the Chinese splash screen I can make some believable rubbish up for you :P

Can you remember what rom / firmware you where on?

I've heard from Portuguese forums that Vodafone around here tends to take the warranty away in these cases, but some believable bullshit would be welcome :D I was using PAC rom (JB one), I had installed it a couple of day before I got the mail from Huawei with the bootloader unlock code (I couldn't get it through the form in their website, so I followed the advice here in the forum and sent them an e-mail)

• 1 month later...
Guest Mamuvamjebem

Hi,

Given up the ghost with this - I believe it's driver related as most things gave errors stating "device not found" going to try it on a linux machine at some point but for the time being that's that. ta for suggestions and help.

From what I've seen on this topic, I had almost the same problem. I couldn't acces CWM, so I decided to force official update and the one given here got stuck exsactly where yours did. I also tried those middle files, and they got stuck just as yours. So I tried this http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDE4NjY=, and it worked.

Hope that works for you too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest crankykick

From what I've seen on this topic, I had almost the same problem. I couldn't acces CWM, so I decided to force official update and the one given here got stuck exsactly where yours did. I also tried those middle files, and they got stuck just as yours. So I tried this http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDE4NjY=, and it worked.

Glad I came here to see what was occuring!!!!!!!

Pink line though to the end and it rebooted but with a " image signature verify fail" message

Ok it works:)  well theres life in the beast at least

Thank you so much!!!

Just to be sure...

- make sure that the update.app downloaded correctly - check the MD5 checksim of the zip

- make sure that you have /dload/update.app on the external micro sdcard

Guest crankykick

Success

all thanks to

Mamuvamjebem

Thank you

and thanks to all who helped me over a long time

reflashed the file which he linked to this time included the vendor file this time it worked.

A couple of chinese apps are in the vendor file but no play store or any google apps

Edited by crankykick

• 3 weeks later...
Guest landreths

Hello Modaco

I think I have a similar problem to many but am unsure which fix option/road to go down

This is what I have found so far

I bought an G300+ from ebay.com.au and it is running gingerbread 2.3.6 and has a baseband 109808

I have managed to root the phone using instructions from www.huaweig300.com

All of the other instructions were followed and worked ok until the pink bar stopped and 'load failed' while trying to load the official ICS firmware - also the phone froze at this point and needed the battery removed to proceed - the phone restarted again to the old firmware which I guess is good.... The tutorial asked me to copy the 'middle file' into the dload folder onto the phone's sd card overwriting the one that was there and I did so and retried the firmware load

This time the pink bar went quickly further along but again stopped at stage 2/2 displaying 'load fail' and the battery needed to be removed and replaced before it would allow a restart of the phone

BTW - I have also found that I have Samsung memory inside the phone - I am not sure if this has any bearing on anything, but it might...

OK - which fix route do I take???

Thanks for your help i advance

Steve

Edited by landreths

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a copy of this file? the site seems to be down at the moment, and my phone's having the same problems as the OP :(

Not sure what it is.

If you need to unbrick have you tried force updating stock ICS B952?

You can get it from the "official bootloader unlock" tutorial thread and elsewhere.

Thanks for replying :)

Yeah, I've tried that, as well as several other roms, stock and CM. I've tried switching recovery versions, including stock, and I've tried a few middle files. The current problems are:

I can't boot to recovery, it gives the Huawei logo and lights up the keys after a few seconds, but no matter how long I wait, that's as far as it goes.

Normal boot stops on the Huawei logo.

Any forced update (both volume keys) shows just the progress bar on the screen, and it fills to between one third and half way with pink, with no obvious pattern.

Holding the down volume key stops at the Huawei logo and lets me flash recoveries etc. but it still doesn't make a difference when I try to boot the phone again.

I've got a feeling that I've messed up the filesystem somewhere along the line, and think it's the /system folder. I took a backup through CWM before starting, but the /system section under advanced restore won't restore.

I've got two logs from failed update attempts, but I can't make much sense out of them. I've copied sections of them below. The rest of the file is the same, so I won't clog up the thread.

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app
call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST
index 5 not same--old:00,new:40
index 8 not same--old:00,new:02
index 13 not same--old:00,new:08
index 14 not same--old:00,new:10

This continues until:

new partition same as old.

Then the following repeats for a while:

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.
OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2
call first dload_machine failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

Until this which, looking at the log, I think carries over to another attempt, but I'm not sure

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA
CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524
dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!
filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app
call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST
OEMSBL_VER fail.
call dload_machine data process failed,module = OEMSBL_VER
OEMSBL_VER fail.

With this at the end:

call dload_machine data process failed,module = OEMSBL_VER
CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xe9000000, len_tmp=0x19
dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

If it helps, my wife has the same phone running stock and rooted, so if there's a way to copy files from her phone to mine, I've got a working source and programs that allow me to access the Linux filesystem on a working phone through the PC.

Thanks for any help :)

• 8 months later...

Oh, does anybody have this file?

The link is dead and I can't find it :(

Oh, does anybody have this file?

The link is dead and I can't find it :(

Not sure what the link was but a force update of stock ICS B952 is often a good way to get out of a soft brick situation.

See here for example:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128104

Hope this helps.