[ROM-W.I.P.] CyanogenMod 7 by MoDaCo Community !!W.I.P.!!

Guest Gabriel94

Guest Gabriel94

Well, I have no idea, so some developer could start working on it and the community is going to try with whatever its possible, suggestions, UI, I can do stuff in Photoshop if it helps.

Guest kyan31

...suggestions, UI, I can do stuff in Photoshop if it helps.

If we built CM7, it would be completely untouched for AOSP fans, or for ROM cookers to later use as a base.

Guest dakok

CM7 has been possible since April last year.

If I got this story right, the biggest problem with CM7 was network which was solved this year

by chinese guy Big Star. I don`t know wether that part could be made without his help???

No manufacturer is going to release their "firmware" sources for obvious reasons.

Pardon my ignorance, but what about this open source code released

from Huawei for phones (G510 and few other models) with chipsets:

MSM8225

MSM8625

TI OMAP 4460

http://cn.ui.vmall.c...iondownload.php

Edited by dakok

Guest Rostilj xD

Chinesse CM7 is stock based. That cm use stock kernel. So bad. G300 doesnt has real cm7. But it has very good cm9 nightly.

Guest kyan31
I think kra1o5 is jealous because you didn't mention him in the list of devs. :P

Yeah, he should definitely be up there as he is probably one of the best developers around here. Unfortunately he doesn't hang around here too often so no one recognises him :(

Guest ZolaIII

The real thing to do is to base on last available surce codes!

The msm 8225 have the same hardware as the soc used in G300 only difference is a dual cortex A5! The posable difference between between G510 & Y300 that are basically the same & G300 are in a touch input controller bat i doubt it! Thing is that the surce code for a G510 jelly been 4.1.1 is publicly available from Huawei! This basically means that whit a little effort you can naw have a 100% functional jelly bean bild! I have a Y300 whit a b178 firmware revision & it works just fine! Porting this should be a easy task for a real developer's! The kernel needs to be recompiled & added additional modules for: swap, governor's & so on! The sistem is a loot heavier on memory usage then Ginger so a swap partition is really a needed thing!

As much i loved a Cm7 2.3.7 on my old u8110 i think it's time to go on!

Pozdrav Đuri i Narkiću!

Guest raverrr

I'm downloading the source now to have a crack at it.

Dont get your hopes up though I'm a noob kanger.

And i don't own the device anymore.

Guest dakok

A big smile shines from my face now.

:D

Thanks!

P.S.

This may be a start of a CM7 battle

between Modaco and Anzhi (they are unbeliveable proud of their CM7 for g300)

:ph34r: :) :D

Edited by dakok

Guest Paulzie

Would be interested in your G510/Y300 kernel findings. I'd like to flash the Y300 4.1 (JB) EmotionUI ROM to my G300 but my basic first attempt (Update method, vol-up+down) sees it failing. If the basic hardware is virtually the same, albeit single vs dual-core, then would investigate how to repack the Y300 firmware for flashing.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest raverrr

A big smile shines from my face now.

:D

Thanks!

P.S.

This may be a start of a CM7 battle

between Modaco and Anzhi (they are unbeliveable proud of their CM7 for g300)

:ph34r: :) :D

Unless other ppl chime in, you can go ahead and assume we will lose that battle lol.

Seriously I can't express my level of noobiness...

To put it simply, If i get a booting ROM we will be lucky haha.

I have successfully built 1 ROM from source a handfull of times. And that was using like 99% other peoples work.

Guest Dazzozo

I've already said in IRC I'm going to start on CM7 in a month or so if no one else picks it up. I've done bits of it already.

Guest raverrr

I've already said in IRC I'm going to start on CM7 in a month or so if no one else picks it up. I've done bits of it already.

oh cool :)

I'm still going to have a play with it on the off chance I stumble across anything that might be of any help to you.

Guest kyan31

Cool, I hope it all goes well. If you need a tester, i'm always available after school ;)

EDIT: I just saw Dazzozo's post :blush:

Sounds good, hopefully you can share your findings with each other as different variants are always good.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Gabriel94

It would be awesome to see a CM7 made by Dazozzo, his ROMs have always been top quality, I'm looking forward to it!