• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM-W.I.P.] CyanogenMod 7 by MoDaCo Community !!W.I.P.!!

114 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

71118538.png

Modaco has many famous Developers, we have Dazozzo, Kyan, Cyda, Rydlis, Tillaz, kra1o5 and many others.

They brought us the best ICS, JB, MIUI and CM ROMs for our phones.

But maybe we should make 1 ROM that brings the old memories back, remeber when you first unboxed your phone and you booted it up, you had GB running on it, sadly Vodafone made it so bad with it's Bloatware and Huawei didn't put much effort to optimize the G300, so it's our turn now to try and make the best CM 7 (GB) ROM for the G300.

I once did a little test, I tried Iron Man 3 on all Android versions availible for the G300, on ICS and JB it didn't work at all for me but it worked with a little bit of lag on GB. And that GB was either made by chinese or russians, we should make our own build, optimize it to the max, overclock it, we should make a standard CM 7 for the G300, multilanguage, with the latest tweaks and try to get the best from our phone.

So back to the first time we held the phone in our hands. Hereby I'm asking the help of any developer who is willing to help with this project and make it reality. What's the opinion of the rest of the community, what do YOU say?

Edited by Gabriel94

Posted

+1 , GB is best

Posted

+1

Posted

Gabriel, that's a nice initiative. Please remove my name from modaco developers you named. I'm not even close to be a developer. Rom hunter looks better as a description of my status on Modaco.

:-)

Posted

+1

Posted (edited)

Great initiative Gabriel :)

Edit: You should rope in kra1o5, Bruno and pOcHa too in that list.

Edited by smweb

Posted (edited)

Gabriel, that's a nice initiative. Please remove my name from modaco developers you named. I'm not even close to be a developer. Rom hunter looks better as a description of my status on Modaco.

:-)

Ok, but you are very usefull for the G300 Community, btw there is a new ROM out there, it was on my facebook feed from MIUI

http://en.miui.com/thread-2651-1-1.html

http://pan.baidu.com...9&uk=3791923799

and something cool for the future: http://en.miui.com/thread-3655-1-1.html

Edited by Gabriel94

Posted

good idea guys , go on :)

Posted

+1

Posted

+1

Posted (edited)

cm7 to build from source, I could do it, but it does not allow my laptop ....Maybe later, when I buy a new ...

sorry for my english ...

Edited by narkoman88

Posted

Your english is fine. It is the programing language that makes us happy :-)

Btw, last few days there are many topics on Anzhi announcing new cm7 release from Big Star (a guy who resolved network bug on cm7)

Posted

cm7 to build from source, I could do it, but it does not allow my laptop ....Maybe later, when I buy a new ...

sorry for my english ...

I could help you with everything possible... maybe teamviewer? and you can build the rom on my laptop and later i will upload it

Posted

No, you need to collect and keep track of bugs, so I can fix them remotely I can not do it ....

Posted

ok, too bad i have no idea how to build roms i would have gladly helped, well hope you get your new laptop soon so we could work on tihs one :)

Posted

I don't think the Anzhi developers have shared their CM7 sources, so we would need to build CM7 from scratch. While Dazzozo has many resources from CM9/10/10.1, I don't think they would help us when building CM7. However, there is still hope :P

Posted (edited)

Is there no standard CM7 build on cyanogenmod's official site we can use as a source, or we could directly ask on cyanogenmod for cm7 source

Edited by Gabriel94

Posted

I don't think the Anzhi developers have shared their CM7 sources, so we would need to build CM7 from scratch. While Dazzozo has many resources from CM9/10/10.1, I don't think they would help us when building CM7. However, there is still hope :P

+1

Need build new rom from source cyanogenmod, what we have now is not for us ....

Posted

Is there no standard CM7 build on cyanogenmod's official site we can use as a source, or we could directly ask on cyanogenmod for cm7 source

CM themselves provide sources already, but we don't have the sources for our device which we rely on hugely. Without the correct sources, we won't have the libs etc. for the camera, sensors on the phone, and much more. Basically we could get a booting ROM, but nothing would work without devoting days of time to experiment.

Posted

Maybe Huawei could release the sources for their ''old'' GB firmware??

Posted

Maybe Huawei could release the sources for their ''old'' GB firmware??

They could but I doubt they will. Huawei is pretty lazy, I mean look at the ICS update we all had to use :P

Posted

+1 !

Would like to see that! GB is something, where or phone works flawless ! Support for this !

Posted

No manufacturer is going to release their "firmware" sources for obvious reasons.

We've had the 2.6 kernel from them for a long time.

Posted

all these features would make the perfect rom.gb performance with jb skin.

Posted (edited)

No manufacturer is going to release their "firmware" sources for obvious reasons.

We've had the 2.6 kernel from them for a long time.

Could we build CM7 with the 2.6 Kernel? Do we need more resources? Isn't CM7 - GB 2.3.7 ?

Edited by Gabriel94