[ROM][4.4.] MIUI v5 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest BastardRacoon

Iirc there's an app called permission manager (oh why have they named it to something so misleading :P) where you need to enable root access.

I've tried three different premission managers and I still have the same problem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, pleeeeease continue supporting this ROM! :( Or at least give us the tool for porting..

Are you hiring me for a job? Like already repeated several times, there's nothing that winzip and any text editor wouldn't do.

Guest KonstaT
Most definitely the last update. I've also decided to release this mysterious porting tool people keep asking about. See second post for more information.

miui_atlas40_4.3.14_4.1.zip
md5:a93b96ab9919a73b750d26b9736ca8f7

-MIUI 4.3.14
-updated Play Store and Google Keyboard to the latest versions
-disabled MIUI updater

Guest KonstaT

Turkish laungue????

Buahahahah. I knew this was a big mistake.

New MIUI 4.4.4 available. Why isn't there a port? I want this done within the next hour or I'm going to ask my money back!

Guest bequite

First thanks for new build and porting tool. I will try to do port, of course with your tool  :). I hope I can make it because I had never done this before, and I don't have an many experience with Linux. Fortunately Google is here. But I need your help to solve some problems.

1. Notification led light doesn't work. LED working while charging.

2. About phone option in settings menu doesn't work. Force close. I get this message. Is this caused by deleting updater.apk?

Screenshot_2014_04_04_00_54_52.jpg

P.S. Missing last line in row on this picture.

I was comparing your ROM with official MIUI for N880E.  Your contains in sysetm/lib some files like: "libchromatix_mt9e013_preview.so, libchromatix_mt9p012_preview.so and several similar. but in your porting tool these files doesn't exist. Are these files important?

Can I port ROM manually? I read port.sh file. You remove some unnecessary N880E files, rename gps.n880e.so file, modify build.prop and you've added a few files. The only thing I do not understand is "modify updater-script".

Thank you in advance for your answers. I hope you can help me about porting. At least you'll have one less worry in future. :)

Edited by bequite

Guest KonstaT

1. Notification led light doesn't work. LED working while charging.

2. About phone option in settings menu doesn't work. Force close. I get this message. Is this caused by deleting updater.apk?

I was comparing your ROM with official MIUI for N880N.  Your contains in sysetm/lib some files like: "libchromatix_mt9e013_preview.so, libchromatix_mt9p012_preview.so and several similar. but in your porting tool these files doesn't exist. Are these files important?

Can I port ROM manually? I read port.sh file. You remove some unnecessary N880E files, rename gps.n880e.so file, modify build.prop and you've added a few files. The only thing I do not understand is "modify updater-script".

1. Must be a MIUI problem then.

2. See post above.

You've missed all the proprietary files that that the tool pulls from my github.

Yes, like repeated several times already. Nothing that winzip and any text editor wouldn't do. I haven't added any lines to build.prop. Sed modifies or removes lines from build.prop or updater-script. Btw, the tool was also updated today.

Guest bequite
Thank you for your response. I hope it will be a few more times: "Last update for sure this time. :P "

Edited by bequite

Guest bequite

Hi KonstaT. I tried your porting tool and works like a charm. :D I had the only problem with signing zip. It's java problem, java heap size. But I signed zip in windows manually, so this is not a big problem. But there are some problems with rom. So if you have some time to look last version 4.4.4.

1. Notification LED light doesn't work. I've tried some alternative programs but hardly anything helps. This is the biggest problem. LED only working while charging.

2. Some options doesn't work. For example: Wake up phone with volume buttons (sometimes work sometime not, generally doesn't work), long press on back button for camera wake...

3. CRT screen off animation, also sometimes work sometimes doesn't work.

4. Data internet, APN set by default mms, not internet. Internet doesn't work until you manually change it.

5. Scrolling down and up animation. Totally not a necessary thing. Only slows down the phone. What is interesting is that this animation I didn't notice on port for some other phones.

6. Working FM radio, I'm not sure if they can be done anything about this without source, but...

7. And finally is there a way to optimize a little bit the rom? I do not know, maybe to remove some Chinese MIUI apps, maybe something else? Newest version rather lag.

I know that these are the problems of the MIUI rom but I still hope that you as a good developer can try to solve something. Or maybe you can't do anything without a source code. Anyway, thanks for all effort.

Edited by bequite

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I know that these are the problems of the MIUI rom but I still hope that you as a good developer can try to solve something. Or maybe you can't do anything without a source code. Anyway, thanks for all effort.

Uh, yep...

This ROM is based on official ZTE N880E MIUI. Funny thing is that N880E MIUI builds are based on the CM10 device sources that I've released, so thanks to me.  ;)

That's right. Its real source is closed too apparently, so looks like porting it is the only thing we can really do... Why would you want to do that when it's already done? Customization I guess  :wacko:

I doubt the lagging problems are going to go away until they fix the problem at that closed source. I just tried it (Nice one KonstaT!!). It is on the slower side, and to be fair it was a bit in the last release too. But more worrying, is that I don't have those LED problems you mentioned. My 3G Data also works immediately too. I would ignore (as hard as it is) the graphical glitches as a result. CRT animation needs fluidity of the OS to work properly - something I've noticed on CM ROM builds when I'm putting the CPU under strain. Fluidity is not really happening here.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...