Official code request to Unlock the Bootloader [Final Post]

Guest alkalinorap

Guest alkalinorap

Official code request to Unlock the Bootloader [Final Post]

Finally Huawei has deigned to put the G300 (all variants except the U8818) in the list of supported models for official code request.

Now is not necessary to use alternative methods, as sending the request to [email protected] or similar, from now any method other than it is obsolete, now this is the Official method.

We just need to enter the data that are required in the following web:

http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

ELEMENTS NEEDED:

PRODUCT MODEL: You must select yours between all variants.

S/N (Serial Number): You must turn off the phone, remove the battery and then have your S/N on a white sticker.

IMEI: On the phone dial (numeric keys) you must input *#06# and we will get it.

PRODUCT ID: On the phone dial (numeric keys) you must input *#*#1357946#*#* and we will get it. (Only works in Stock ROMS or Stock-based).

ONCE WE HAVE OUR CODE:

We go to this post which explains exactly how to unlock the Bootloader: http://www.modaco.co...code-of-huawei/

NOTE: If you have the Bootloader unlocked with the unofficial method (unlockbootloader.exe or similar) you must relock the Bootloader before of the Official Unlock, to do this you must install an UPDATE.APP

Edited by alkalinorap

Guest kyan31

Cool, I might as well request for an unlock code. I'm sick of bootloader reboots :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest plewis1981

Dose it matter that my S/N in about phone is different to the one under the battery, I believe is due to me hacking my IMEI to unlock my phone? As I have received two codes from huawei and both were invalid. Or could this be because I did not send them my product ID?

Guest hippy dave

Yeah I think the serial number being different is a problem. I'm going to experiment.

I think these days we should advise people not to zero their IMEI any more, there should be enough alternative options now to make it not worth the risk.

Guest Dazzozo

Just use the serial number and IMEI printed under your battery and use an update.app and restore your original oeminfo before unlocking.

Guest hippy dave

Just use the serial number and IMEI printed under your battery and use an update.app and restore your original oeminfo before unlocking.

I don't have my original oemifo, as when I first took a backup it was missing 5.img and I didn't find out until much too late. I restored the IMEI with dfstool previously, but I'm going to see if it can restore the serial number as well.

Guest Dazzozo

Ouch, I still have mine from B885 which is what it shipped on. I just use that for doing downgrades/upgrades as I can install pretty much anything.

Guest alkalinorap

I don't have my original oemifo, as when I first took a backup it was missing 5.img and I didn't find out until much too late. I restored the IMEI with dfstool previously, but I'm going to see if it can restore the serial number as well.

Excuse me but... You're screwed.

OEMINFO never be what it was although you use DFS, QPST and other dangerous tools.

Sorry.

Edited by alkalinorap

Guest hippy dave

I know it'll never be the same as it was originally, but if it contains the right IMEI and serial number, will that be enough to let the unlock work? One way to find out I guess.

Anyway as I was saying, I think seeing as we now have flashable ways to upgrade/downgrade, I think we should stop advising people to zero the IMEI, so other people don't have to have these problems.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest alkalinorap

I know it'll never be the same as it was originally, but if it contains the right IMEI and serial number, will that be enough to let the unlock work? One way to find out I guess.

Anyway as I was saying, I think seeing as we now have flashable ways to upgrade/downgrade, I think we should stop advising people to zero the IMEI, so other people don't have to have these problems.

I tried this for test it but the code doesn't work..

Guest plewis1981

Sucsess :) Thanks daz.

I did a firce update to b952 zeroing my IMEI, so i rooted using ROOTG300.exe installed 5irom and restored my ORIGINAL IMEI backup, relocking my phone to Vodafone. Then i did update from SD card with the same b952 ( this didn't zero my IMEI :) ) So then i used alklinorap's method to unlock my bootloader MY UNLOCK CODE WAS JUST NUMBERS the first code they sent me with letters and numbers was invalid.

I just have one question Dose CWM backup the bootloader as when i came to restore my backup in CWM 6.0.2.7 the first command was - Erasing boot before restore..

EDIT - Forgot to mention i forgot to restore my HACKED IMEI befor restoring my backup of AOKP and my GiffGaff sim is working :)

EDIT 2 - No CWM backup dose not contain bootloader.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest plewis1981

Stupid question, will my SIM re-lock after restoring an update.app and unlocking the bootloader etc.?

If you hacked your IMEI restoring the original 5irom backup you made relocks the phone.

There this someone on the giffgaff community offering free unlock codes he posted today in the thread about how to unlock for free.

EDIT - sorry lol, update.app through force update ZEROS IMEI ( not locked to network ). not sure if you do update from SD card, you do need to restore your origional IMEI ( locked to network ) to unlock after restoring my IMEI i did an update from sd to remove root just to be sure

I forgot to restore my hacked imei and i am unlocked running 4.2.2.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest Redflake
Stupid question, will my SIM re-lock after restoring an update.app and unlocking the bootloader etc.?

I never used an official update app when I unlocked the bootloader with the code from Huawei. I used B952 repack then relocked the boot loader. Then used the code from Huawei. All that happened was it did some kind of factory reset that caused some apps to force close after reboot. Restored a backup and all OK.

Guest spider4

If you use gb or isc rom your phone will be locked to the network, but if you use 4.2.2 (maybe any cm) rom your phone will be unlocked from the network. So no need for network unlock code.

Thank Dazzozo for this feature :-)

I used this to relock bootloader.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361327-relock-ics-bootloader-only-for-stock-ics-roms/page__hl__stock%20bootloader

Guest theShire

Where can I find a dl link for the 5irom Toolbox apk. I have a copy of my original IMEI backup folder with 5.img, 10.img, 11.img but i don't have a copy of the apk to restore these.

If anyone has a copy/link it would be much appreciated

Guest denzele

Kyan are you asking about Network code unlock or else? I unlock mine from ebay once and never need it to do it again..if that's what you asking ...

Guest Dellboy2012

My s/n is different than the one on the phone sticker. It is the same as the WiFi-MAC address except the las number is greater by one. I force updated from CM 10.1 to B952 with update.app and tried restoring IMEI with 5irom Toolbox but s/n is still the same. My IMEI is ok anyways. Is there a way to revert s/n to original one?