[ICS-ROMS] ★ Emotion Ui Your ROM ★ Updated: 25.06.13

Guest PCTechRoss

Guest Paulzie

as I am using this as my main ROM, will try it all day tomorrow & if I feel that it is slow I will switch the SystemUI

This is a great factory-like ROM

Thinking of doing the same, making this my full time ROM. It's a toss up between this and CM10.1 (JB) with slimbean (JB) being a middle ground choice. The JB ROMs released in the last few days have reached a high level of stability.

This one gives me an ultra fast, simplified, clean and well organized interface that eliminates redundancy. I get a working FM radio and camera along with the previous mentioned unique Power Manager, plus overclocking.

JB ROMs lose the Huawei FM radio, needing Spirit FM to replace it. Found that Spirit FM will mute sound if any other app plays a sound, requiring manual intervention to restart it. JB ROMs also have no fastboot, so a reboot takes quite a while.

Suggestion box submissions

This a great ROM that could be made even better. Some ideas:

#1 Add screenshots of the Power and Profile Manager to the ones on the first post. That making this a standout ROM for battery-life conscious owners (if integrate Toggle 2G in suggestion #3) below.

#2: replace Touchpal with Smart Keyboard Pro. If I install Smart Keyboard Pro, which looks identical to the JB keyboard, then I consider the overall functionality of this ROM to be superior to the JB ones. It feels like a factory ROM.

#3: integrate Toggle 2G into the ROM. The only feature I miss of the JB ROMs is the 2G/3G toggle button. This ROM allows creation of different profiles where users can switch off GPS/sound/data/etc. However, missing is an automated switching from 2G to 3G. The 3G radio on these units drains battery very quickly. Toggle 2G allows automated 2G switching based on a set of options.

#4: HwWeatherLiveWallpaper.apk is 15MB in size. It's storage/resource heavy which I never use. I consider it a waste of space. Could link it as a download for anybody that wants it. Could take the idea further and make the package as a lightweight base, with additional ZIP packages added depending on need (eg: hw wallpapers).

Edited by Paulzie

Guest PCTechRoss

Snip

I used to use CM10.1 and while I enjoyed having the latest android I did miss the huawei apps and battery life, cm10.1 battery life was poor for me. I have been using my Rom for over a week and I find it a very smooth experience. Also I saw you liked the FM radio, if you haven't already noticed it is the new Huawei FM radio with has a much more pleasing look and nice widget too.

Guest kupp

Loving this rom so far. Didn't really get into the UI so I just slapped Nova Launcher on it, but generally speaking there's a few features that make me want to keep this one instead of the "standard" stock+. Is there any way I can get the original Huawei sms application though? Starting to slowly hate this new one.

Guest Paulzie

Installed 1.4 and thats a miss... doesnt have binary and we cant have root acess:blink: :(

.. 1.1 also had the CircleMOD battery as well as overclocking. Those two features are missing in 1.4. Going back to 1.1 for me.

Settings button not working :angry: .

Settings button works in both 1.1 and 1.4. My 1.4 got automatically rooted by Teamwin Recovery upon it discovering SU was missing.

Edited by Paulzie

Guest deniserxc

1. If you came from StockPlus, you cand just apply this ROM, without factory reset.

2. The shortcut from lockscreen to messages is not working (this is the only reason I decided to apply this ROM) :D

3. You loose your root if you flash this ROM, so you must re-root.

4. The "Message" option in "Settings" is not working.

5. I think is a bit laggier than StockPlus.

P.S. 1. Maybe the problems I observed are based on the fact I didn't wipe the previous settings.

Guest celrau

Haven't tried this rom yet but being based on Stock+ it should be a good one. The UI is similar to Miui which I like and which makes me suggest you to tweak SystemUI and replace all blue icons with white ones, easier to read and more in sync with the rest IMO. Also it would be nice to provide an alternate SystemUI without the clock, that clock is in most cases redundant and besides, the font it's too small to be of real use. Those white icons as well as info on how to remove the clock could be found on xda forums I believe.

Guest PCTechRoss

1. If you came from StockPlus, you cand just apply this ROM, without factory reset.

2. The shortcut from lockscreen to messages is not working (this is the only reason I decided to apply this ROM) :D

P.S. 1. Maybe the problems I observed are based on the fact I didn't wipe the previous settings.

.. also 1.1 had the CircleMOD battery as well as overclocking. Those two features are missing in 1.4. Going back to 1.1 for me.

Settings button works in both 1.1 and 1.4. My 1.4 got automatically rooted by Teamwin Recovery upon it discovering SU was missing.

Installed 1.4 and thats a miss... doesnt have binary and we cant have root acess:blink: :(

Thank you all for pointing out these issues, I will be working on this throughout the day, expect a release later today.

Guest Tentmaster

.. 1.1 also had the CircleMOD battery as well as overclocking. Those two features are missing in 1.4. Going back to 1.1 for me.

When I tap the Settings button, a menu pops up asking me to "Set Home Screen" and offering 4 optiones - Wallpaoers, Transitions,Widgets, Thumbnails. I have to hit the Settings menu to get to the actual settings.Have done a full wipe & re-installed, but issue is still there.

Guest PCTechRoss

When I tap the Settings button, a menu pops up asking me to "Set Home Screen" and offering 4 optiones - Wallpaoers, Transitions,Widgets, Thumbnails. I have to hit the Settings menu to get to the actual settings.Have done a full wipe & re-installed, but issue is still there.

Thats normal, it's the EMUI launcher

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest PCTechRoss

Loving this rom so far. Didn't really get into the UI so I just slapped Nova Launcher on it, but generally speaking there's a few features that make me want to keep this one instead of the "standard" stock+. Is there any way I can get the original Huawei sms application though? Starting to slowly hate this new one.

All Issues stated are now FIXED in the V1.5 Build

V1.5

- Added No Frills CPU control back

- Added Stock Messaging app (replaces Huawei messaging) + (Changed stock icon to HW style icon)

- Added StockPlus Battery Percentage Icons

- Edited PotterUnlock (Now has EMUI style to it) - (icons also fixed)

- ROOT IS NOW FIXED!

- General Cleanup

- Removed Touchpal (install on Play if wanted)

- Minor tweaks

- Fixed Messages Setting Bug

Edited by PCTechRoss